McNabb: The Rams are “A QB away”: Cutler/RG3?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Donovan McNabb joined Kevin Wheeler to talk about the Rams/Giants, what he likes about the Rams, talks Cutler and RGIII, and why the NFL isn’t patient enough with QBs.

Listen to McNabb Talk Rams

RamzFanz

Damnit
I would have no problem with Cutler on the bench. That arm! He's a headcase though so, no way as the Rams' starter.

RG3? Only for the coin toss if we were playing Washington. That would be the epic of all epics. On the bench? Sure. Why not? No way as Rams' starter.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Never liked McNads as a player, and especially as a commentator.

Decent listen though.

Last edited:

Imperial

UDFA
Name
Imperial
I would honestly rather go into the season with Shaun Hill as starter than have either RGB or Cutler on this team.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I would honestly rather go into the season with Shaun Hill as starter than have either RGB or Cutler on this team.

I agree. I don't see what Cutler gives you much over Shaun Hill backing up SB. Sure he gives you a chance to win - he can make great plays with his arm - but he can also lose games for you by himself because of his stupid unwillingness to throw receivers open. He almost always waits until the guy has made his cut in the route and then jams it in with his hammer arm. It results in lots of picks.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There is only one QB I would trade for: Eli Manning.

Cutler is a head case on the field, pass. I would prefer a rookie starter at QB from this year's class with a revamped OL pounding the run before I would want to see him at QB in horns.

Rookie QB is fine provided he is surrounded by talent and you're not asking too much from him. Rams have talent, as long as they fix the OL and ensure the running game is there, they could still win with a rook. Please god no Cutler.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
McNabb was starting to sound intelligent and then he mentioned RG3 and Cutler as QB options.

If the Bears issue was solely scoring point, which it's not, I would think that Cutler may be on his way out. Since they have played lousy on both sides of the ball, I think Trestman is out and Cutler and his contract stay for a little longer. Cutler has been turned into a scapegoat. Before he was placed on the IR, Lance Briggs was practicing when he wanted to.

Athos

Legend
Cutler yes.

RGIII? Hellz naww. You'd need to transplant Luck's brain into his head to fix all his loose screws.

moklerman

Warner-phile
It's interesting how down on Cutler people are right now. At least, my perception is that they are down on him more than usual compared to the rest of his career.

But for all the talk of how he's lost it and is playing poorly, his completion % (66.1) is the highest in his career, he's thrown more TD's in 14 games(28) than any season total in his career, his INT% is right at his career average (3.4%) and his passer rating is the highest of his career(89.5).

He's statistically performing at a higher level than at any other point in his career. I wonder why so many are ready to throw him to the scrap heap at a point when he's playing better than he ever has?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Never liked McNads as a player, and especially as a commentator.

Decent listen though.

Me neither, he was totally and completely over rated and the media for some reason adored him and pumped him up all the time. He was a JAG nearly his entire career.

Another example of a running QB that everyone gets hyped up about that is going to "change the game" that amounts to nothing. The fact that he got voted to the pro bowl several times with below average production and in some cases terrible production always made me mad.

When I hear talking heads mention his name and the HOF it is really disgraceful. His stats AND the eyeball test tell me that he doesn't belong.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
It's interesting how down on Cutler people are right now. At least, my perception is that they are down on him more than usual compared to the rest of his career.

But for all the talk of how he's lost it and is playing poorly, his completion % (66.1) is the highest in his career, he's thrown more TD's in 14 games(28) than any season total in his career, his INT% is right at his career average (3.4%) and his passer rating is the highest of his career(89.5).

He's statistically performing at a higher level than at any other point in his career. I wonder why so many are ready to throw him to the scrap heap at a point when he's playing better than he ever has?

Turnovers. He is leading the league in INT's with 18 and he has fumbled 12 times losing 6 of them. 24 turnovers will raise eyebrows unless its the GSOT offense where it didn't matter. A lot of this is his OL, which is not good, and a lot of it him being reckless. Can Fisher change that? I dunno.........

His supposed bad attitude or diva personality is something I don't get, I just don't see it. Same thing with the label "coach killer" I don't see that either. I remember a few years ago in the playoff game people were downing him for not playing on the knee he injured and thought that because he could stand and walk he could play but he wasn't because he was just pouting. That was really silly stuff LOL.

If he has a bad attitude no players have said anything and I don't know of any writers who have said so........just internet message board people.

If they can get him for the right plrice I'd take him as a stop gap/fill in while they find the QBOF. Cutler is better than Bradford so if I have to pay a big salary it would be to him before SB.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul

It's easy to use Cutler as a scapegoat. If putting Clausen in makes the defense play better and everyone else plays better than maybe Cutler was the problem. I don't see that happening though. I can't tell if Cutler is a less than desirable person or just not an outgoing person. He might be part of the problem but he's far from the only problem.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
Apparently cutler has a massive ego and can be a total asshole at times.
That sounds like about about 98% NFL players to me.

If all he'll cost to acquire is a late round pick I'd take him in a second.

Imperial

UDFA
Name
Imperial
I've never, ever been a fan of Cutler. Too many bone-headed mistakes...especially at this point in his career. Bradford has been crucified for his perceived "lack of leadership ability", but in my opinion, Cutler is the poster boy for lacking leadership skills. That big arm is all he's ever had going for him.

Big Willie

Starter

I have never, never liked Cutler as a franchise QB....and nothing changed when he had success or now that he has been benched.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
I thought the main knock on Bradford was his inability to stay on the field.

I personally never took his calmness as a sign of poor leadership ability.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike

For whatever reason, Cutler reminds me of chinese food...His arm gives me all I want, but 30 minutes later my stomach is empty...

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Me neither, he was totally and completely over rated and the media for some reason adored him and pumped him up all the time. He was a JAG nearly his entire career.

Another example of a running QB that everyone gets hyped up about that is going to "change the game" that amounts to nothing. The fact that he got voted to the pro bowl several times with below average production and in some cases terrible production always made me mad.

When I hear talking heads mention his name and the HOF it is really disgraceful. His stats AND the eyeball test tell me that he doesn't belong.
Brutal. Ummm...I kind of feel exactly the same way about him. Never got it. He was a jerk to the media, and then they accepted him into the media, where he generally continues to be a jerk. No way is he a Pro Bowl caliber player, or a HOF'er.