Mayock: Four WRs will be among top 20 picks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Mayock: Four WRs will be among top 20 picks in 2015 NFL Draft

By Bryan Fischer
College Football 24/7 writer
Published: March 30, 2015 at 07:45 p.m.
Updated: March 30, 2015 at 08:42 p.m.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-will-be-among-top-20-picks-in-2015-nfl-draft

The 2014 class of wide receivers could be the best crop produced at the position in a single draft, but most believe the 2015 class is not too far behind in terms of talent and depth.

NFL Media analyst Mike Mayock has watched plenty of tape on players from both classes, and he unveiled his top 10 at the position in this year's draft on Monday. West Virginia's Kevin White (No. 1) and Alabama's Amari Cooper (No. 2) lead Mayock's list, and he offered an interesting description of the upside of each.

"Kevin White has the highest ceiling of any wide receiver in the draft," Mayock said on NFL Network's "Path to the Draft" Monday. "... I think (Cooper) has the highest floor. That means you know what you're going to get from him and he's going to play at a high level."

The debate over which receiver is better between White and Cooper will likely continue for some time, as the race to be the first pass-catcher picked appears to be extremely tight.

One big riser in Mayock's rankings, though, is UCF's Breshad Perriman, who ran a blistering fast 4.25 40-yard dash at his pro day last week. Mayock previously had Perriman tied for fifth in his rankings, but that 40 time moved him neck and neck with Louisville's DeVante Parker, per Mayock, who said he believes that all four -- White, Cooper and Perriman and Parker -- will go in the top 20 of the draft while Arizona State's Jaelen Strong (No. 5) sneaks into the bottom of the first round.

Also of note, Mayock appears to be quite high on his No. 8 prospect at the position, USC's Nelson Agholor, after he had a good month that included positive reviews out of his pro day.

"One of the best route runners in this draft," Mayock said. "I think he has more upside than (former USC WRs) Robert Woods or Marqise Lee."

Mayock ranks Oklahoma's Dorial Green-Beckham No. 6, followed by Miami's Phillip Dorsett, Agholor, Ohio State's Devin Smith and Kansas State's Tyler Lockett.

It might be tough to match the production of last year's class of rookie wide receivers, but it certainly appears that the latest group will not be lacking for talent when it enters the league.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Strong has a bit of learning to do about route running. He will take some time to develop but when we look back at this draft in three years he will be considered a first round steal, if he goes at the end of round1.

thehammer

Rookie
it could happen...depending on team needs..all 4 worthy of top 20 selection...

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
5 went last year in the 1st round, but only 3 the year before, I'm not sure all the measurable stats would put 5 in their. Mainly because I see a run on pass rushers this year, and last year no OG's where taken in the 1st round, I think that changes this year!