Matt Ryan explains exactly what happened in the Falcons' Super Bowl collapse

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i don't know what wussel saw, he was looking straight at butler and still threw the ball out in front of the wr.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I'm shocked he didn't bring up the real reason - Arthur Blank coming onto the sidelines in the 4th quarter. The football gods saw his arrogance, and they dideth smiteth themeth.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
it was a td all the way except for one thing, it was a horrible throw. never give the defender a chance and that's exactly what wussel did, he gave the defender a chance to make a play. he put the ball out in front of the wr, inviting the interception. if the ball was to the back shoulder it was an easy td.

reminds me of the bulger intercept in ot against the panthers. holt was open, all bulger had to do was put the ball in front of him. as per usual the ball was a little behind towards the back shoulder bringing the db into play and, alas, he made that play and intercepted the ball.

moral of the story - don't call those plays if your qb doesn't have pin point accuracy.

I can't agree with this. That ball should be out in front to some degree. If there's any complaint, I'd say that he should have thrown it low to lessen the defender's chance of picking it off. Personally, I have much bigger issues with the play-call.

My biggest issue with the play is guy whom they decided to target. You've got Doug Baldwin out there. He's your best WR. Why the fuck are you throwing the pass to Ricardo Lockette? He was a special teamer who had around 20 career receptions. That's doing exactly what Lil Shanny did. You are outsmarting yourself.

If you're going to call that play, throw it to Baldwin. I don't see Baldwin allowing Butler to outmuscle him for that ball. At minimum, I think he finds a way to breakup the interception. You don't throw it to a career special teamer. And that's not on Wilson. That's on Bevell because that was 100% play design.

I think they should have run the ball there, but if they were going to pass, you don't design that play to go to a nobody.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm shocked he didn't bring up the real reason - Arthur Blank coming onto the sidelines in the 4th quarter. The football gods saw his arrogance, and they dideth smiteth themeth.

If there were football gods doling out punishments (especially for arrogance), the Patriots would have 0 rings. :LOL:

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
My response to this article?.... meh so what.
Ya you can criticize Shannahan.....if you are picking nits.

Bottom line......their defense folded like an origami.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
petecarrollmeme01.jpg

:rolllaugh:

I cried.

fearsomefour

Legend
I called Cheats OT win mid third quarter for one simple reason.....those dbags in a title game you have to expect worse case.
The other thing is three or four times in the fourth quarter Atlanta players were down injured, stopping the clock. This, in affect, gave Billicheat-Arnold 3 or four more TOs.
Ryan took another sack that took them out of FG range earlier too.
Disaster of a quarter and a half.
If the SB hangover is real, Falcons stand to suffer from it and not make the playoffs.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If the SB hangover is real, Falcons stand to suffer from it and not make the playoffs

I think they are making themselves feel better by saying "we'll be back", etc. But, in this league, you don't get many chances like they had.

If they struggle early, or lose some games to threaten their playoff chances in 2017, this SB loss will resurface via infighting and Quinn will lose the locker room, IMO.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
My response to this article?.... meh so what.
Ya you can criticize Shannahan.....if you are picking nits.

Bottom line......their defense folded like an origami.

There was so many quick scores in that game, that D was so gassed.

But since so many like to blame losses on one coach, not worth the time to argue with them.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
The number one reason that the Falcons lost was because of Kyle Shanahan's ego.

I can't wait to see the Sixty-Niners implode under him.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Didn't help that the Falcons D was on the field for 93 snaps.