Matt LaFleur interviewed for Titans HC job/Mike Vrabel hired instead

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I wonder if I invite him now, would he schedule to attend my funeral?

Interesting fodder...When I proposed ot my wife and she accepted, she then informed me, if I ever cheated on her, she would bury me in a 49er jersey....Haven't looked at another woman in 26 years of marriage.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Honestly, I think McVay is so frikken savvy that he will find comparable to better replacements for any coaches lost.

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew
With Olson gone, it would be good to get at least one more year from Lafleur. This early in his career, it would be important that Goff has some continuity.

socalrams90

Starter
With all respect to Lafleur I don't think he's ready nor will he get the job. Im sure hes looking at it as an experience builder for a future head coach opening.

He lacks that charisma that other coaching personalities seem to have (I see the same issue with Kyle Shanahan, just wait til shit gets bad).

I'm sure even he knows needs to call the plays for a full year at least for his own benefit. I'm sure McVay has that goal in place for him here.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
If we can keep McVay, Gurley and Goff together for several years we could be in for one heck of a ride.

Don't forget Wade. He's up there in age, but McVay won the damn lottery getting that dude onboard his staff. IMO keep him happy and around until he decides to hang them up, hopefully after a nice 5-10 year run in LA.

Name
Rod
Actually, it is quite a badge of honor for the Rams organization to have other teams checking out our coaches. We used to be the "Redheaded Stepchild" of the NFL. I believe McVay will be as good at picking new coaches as he is at changing the culture of a downtrodden team. Besides, McVay's philosophy of letting his coaches coach will make LA a desirable place to land.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Actually, it is quite a badge of honor for the Rams organization to have other teams checking out our coaches. We used to be the "Redheaded Stepchild" of the NFL. I believe McVay will be as good at picking new coaches as he is at changing the culture of a downtrodden team. Besides, McVay's philosophy of letting his coaches coach will make LA a desirable place to land.
On the offensive side of the ball, I'm thinking it's mostly about scheme and execution.

Who's scheme is it? McVay's.

But it the coaches that help make that scheme work... that is where we'd feel losses in the coaching staff.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
The bad part of being a good team , evreyone wants to steal your guys . I don' know how the pats have been able to keep their staff together for so long.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The bad part of being a good team , evreyone wants to steal your guys . I don' know how the pats have been able to keep their staff together for so long.
They could be leaving in Bunches this year, If Patricia and McDaniels Leave!!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

They haven't Adi. Belichick has made plenty of replacement hires over his duration as HC. McDaniels is on his second stint after being hired away by Denver.

Teams just got lukewarm on his assistants after so many disappointed. But yeah he's gonna lose 2 this year I think, at least 1.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
LaFleur is scheduled to interview this week. Think I read Thursday.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I think like bellyfat, people will underestimate McVay’s influence and try to pull the “cream” from his staff. OK - I just vomited in my mouth a bit. But unlike bellyfat, McVay won’t need to cheat, get Goodhell to burn tapes, or have the refs declare the dubious tuck rule to get that edge.

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
He’s still a little green.

Needs to work on speaking in front of a crowd and getting more comfortable, or he will get eaten alive. As of now he regularly stumbles over his words and appears frightened in front of the press. This could be fixed with practice.
Yeah he seems agitated when talking to the media. I cannot tell if its sarcasm or he does not like to speak to the media.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan

yeah I don't think any coordinator from fisher staff was interviewed