Matt Barkley

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

lockdnram21

Legend
21-33 258 yds 1Td, 1rush Td, 1 interception. pretty good. Phil might be willing to trade him.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Why would they want to trade him? He's cheap and on a rookie deal. If they move anybody it would be Sanchez.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Why would they want to trade him? He's cheap and on a rookie deal. If they move anybody it would be Sanchez.
Yeah. It would make more sense to trade Sanchez. He's on a one year deal, correct.
Why not get a pick for a 2nd string guy, that may not be on your team next year.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If they want to trade him, they can go on ahead...to someone that isn't the Rams.

I don't know why people put so much stock in preseason numbers. Barkley isn't worth trading for(nor are the million other preseason stars at QB). The guy was in an amazing system with a ton of talent and looked DREADFUL in 2013. No thank you.

Tweed335

UDFA
I'm sorry to bust your footballs OP, but Barkley followed Leinhart!! Couldn't we just go get the leftie out of retirement for cheaper.

We really aren't that desperate. Worse case scenario, this season is a wash. The next QB is put into a dream scenario and is at worst, a facilitator to success because of the surrounding talent!

I don't think that dude is Barkley, and if the FO does, I'll cheer until the next man is up.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
If they want to trade him, they can go on ahead...to someone that isn't the Rams.

I don't know why people put so much stock in preseason numbers. Barkley isn't worth trading for(nor are the million other preseason stars at QB). The guy was in an amazing system with a ton of talent and looked DREADFUL in 2013. No thank you.

I don't like Barkley, but it's not out of the realm of possibility that a QB can progress from years 1-2, yes?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't like Barkley, but it's not out of the realm of possibility that a QB can progress from years 1-2, yes?

If you don't like Barkley then the matter is settled.

ausmurp

Starter
I for one don't believe the rams current staff can develop a QB into a good player. So in my opinion our only chance is to get a QB that is already good. I think Barkley could be good but he needs to be developed.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Absolutely not. I've been completely wrong about many, many players before.

Barkley could be the next on that lengthy list.:LOL:

What I'm telling you is that I'm not going to get into an argument over a player that we agree on. No point in it. ;)

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have my eyes on Sean Mannion for next year's draft.
watched connor halliday for washington state last night. really good arm, can look off defensive backs and most notably is capable of throwing to a spot (like warner did in martz' offense) instead of just to the receiver. his main knock is lack of mobility but 2 or 3 times moved out of the pocket for positive yardage. only issues i saw is that he threw off his back foot 2 or 3 times, and 1 was picked. but his throws (fades, over the shoulder, etc were right on the mark most of the night. although rutgers played zone too often, halliday still made the throws in man coverage as well. Pac12 has a few QB's to watch over the course of this season. Mannion and Hogan are two more to keep an eye on.
C/ ATT YDS AVG TD INT QBR
Connor Halliday40/56 532 9.5 5 1 80.1