Mason & Bates Questionable for Opener

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jmyb53

UDFA
Name
Ricardo
So, who starts at RB? Mason questionable, which is supposed to mean a 50-50 chance of playing, Gurley? Is he ready? Watts, suspended?

Cunningham? Pead?

And Saffold was better at RG the year before last than LG.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I already have enough (a lot) of concern about the Seahawk game and beyond, but the injury picture could make this a real problem..Hope they surprise me...I would be thrilled to down a full plate of crow without water...

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
I'm comfortable with all the backs on the team right now except for Reynolds. The way the oline is playing they're going to have to throw the ball anyways.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Pead, Cunningham, and a healthy dose of Tavon?

It could be worse, a lot worse. Here's to hoping for Gurley or Mason though.

Where's Stacey when you need him? Yikes.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Our injury problems are not THAT bad right now. It could definitely be worse. Remember the year where virtually every DB that played a down for the Rams got hurt?

It allows Pead a chance, and Cunningham get do fine. Neither are Gurley or Mason but they can get the job done. Remember, Pead was never terrible at RB, he just fumbled his chances and was in Fisher's dog house too much.
And there is always Tavon.

And as for moving Brown to LG, I don't see it being a big issue. I bet he learned a lot more partnering with our other rookie Havenstein then he would have next to G-Rob. Him and Brown grew their knowledge together and I think that trimmed some of that learning curve. However, Saffold's best position has always been RG.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like Cunningham. Wish Watts wasn't suspended, though.

Alan

Legend
"He says Saffold feels more comfortable at RG."
We've known that for some time now. Glad the Fish is finally getting on board with that. :LOL:

"Asked him if he'd have liked to have done move sooner and he said no."
Why? :confused:

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Cunningham and Pead will do fine at RB if we have to use them. Maybe not the best backfield, but they'll manage.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I'd prefer Cunningham and Brown. Brown has some skills. Pead still looks like his old self.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'd use Austin back there, if need be.
sbgp06u.jpg

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Fisher pointed to Saffold's comfort at RG as reason for line shuffle. Asked him if he'd have liked to have done move sooner and he said no.

We all knew Saffold prefers RG. He is a stud at RG. The Question is why didn't Fisher want to do the move sooner. Did he prefer to have Saffold get more time alongside GRob? Did he think that it was better to acclimate Brown to the right because he was more comfortable there?

I don't get it. Seems like there is no advantage to holding off like he did. In fact having Saffold next to Robbie H. could have helped him out more.

I like Cunningham too @jrry32. I think he will do just fine. We never got to see what he can do when given a lot of carries. Most RBs pick up steam with the more carries they get. Maybe we will get to see the new ways that Cignettie plans to use Tavon sooner rather than later without Mason.

I have zero faith in Isaiah Pead. Wish I did. Maybe he will surprise us all:bueller: