Marshawn Lynch Shits All Over The Media Today

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
That's just giving them what they want...and don't deserve.

So instead give them random garbage that makes no sense, all the while sounding, looking, and acting like an immature, self-entitled brat? Marshawn got exactly what he was trying to avoid. And honestly, I thought he became a more humble man after his past run ins with the law. While he may have moved on from that aspect, he still acts like a child. Be man and do your damn job.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So instead give them random garbage that makes no sense, all the while sounding, looking, and acting like an immature, self-entitled brat? Marshawn got exactly what he was trying to avoid. And honestly, I thought he became a more humble man after his past run ins with the law. While he may have moved on from that aspect, he still acts like a child. Be man and do your damn job.

If he acts humble and tries to tell them what they want to hear, eventually, they'll find something. If he acts the way he is now, they've got nothing...except to write about his actions...which are funny.

I have no problem with a player not giving the media the time of day. He's not a puppet. His job isn't to dance for them.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
I remember back in the day.. The Baseball Cardinals had a guy by the name of "Silent" George Hendrick. he played for Oakland, Cleveland and San Diego before he came here. He got into trouble with the media before he came here and did not want to talk to the press at all. When he got here the media left him alone and he played some damn good baseball. The Cardinals won a WS with him in 82.. Later he was traded for John Tudor.

Just an example and I agree with Jrry above. Lynch's job is mainly to play football. Gotta respect his right if he doesn't want to talk to the media.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
If he acts humble and tries to tell them what they want to hear, eventually, they'll find something. If he acts the way he is now, they've got nothing...except to write about his actions...which are funny.

I have no problem with a player not giving the media the time of day. He's not a puppet. His job isn't to dance for them.

Dancing puppets is a bad analogy.

The union, including the rep from his team, agreed to these types of things. He doesn't have to talk to the media after each game during the season but the playoffs are different and he knows it, so does every other player. They sign off on this, they agree to do it. The difference is he thinks its his right, and he amuses himself by breaking the rules and taunting. All the while he is cashing checks.

If you had to file paperwork after being paid by a client to do a bunch of legal work but opted not to file a particular thing because the clerk was a bitch does that make it OK because you're doing what you want rather than what you are supposed to do and have in part been paid to do?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Wow I have some serious superpowers this morning that posted four times.

Admins, tone me down a bit LOL.

Also @jrry32 if ML was acting humble and answering questions how would "they find someothing"? Name the last time a player was answering questions during the media blitz at the SB and they whacked him or mistreated him? Usually it's fun and games, watch the interviews, they spend a bit of time just goofing and being friendly.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

We're never going to agree. I don't think they are funny at all.

And it's not surprising considering the team he plays on. No humility on that team, that's why I hope they get humiliated.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
What if all the players in the league did the same thing?
That, my friend, will/would NEVER happen.....In fact, I bet over 30% of the players hope to one day be involved with the game in some form of media....

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
That, my friend, will/would NEVER happen.....In fact, I bet over 30% of the players hope to one day be involved with the game in some form of media....
Yeah, I was only stating that as an illustration of how irritating it would be for the fans and media. So why should Lynch be afforded special treatment?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

Not to mention you'd think a player would be so happy to make it to that game that they would be honored to have a chance to talk about things.

Remember LFitzgerald's interviews? He had a huge grin on his face the entire time it was great to watch he was having a blast with it.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wow I have some serious superpowers this morning that posted four times.

Admins, tone me down a bit LOL.

Also @jrry32 if ML was acting humble and answering questions how would "they find someothing"? Name the last time a player was answering questions during the media blitz at the SB and they whacked him or mistreated him? Usually it's fun and games, watch the interviews, they spend a bit of time just goofing and being friendly.

Because they can choose to take quotes out of context, they can do a simple hatchet job, or maybe you make a mistake.

The media are just trolling for a story.

Dancing puppets is a bad analogy.

The union, including the rep from his team, agreed to these types of things. He doesn't have to talk to the media after each game during the season but the playoffs are different and he knows it, so does every other player. They sign off on this, they agree to do it. The difference is he thinks its his right, and he amuses himself by breaking the rules and taunting. All the while he is cashing checks.

If you had to file paperwork after being paid by a client to do a bunch of legal work but opted not to file a particular thing because the clerk was a bitch does that make it OK because you're doing what you want rather than what you are supposed to do and have in part been paid to do?

Yea, this is also a bad analogy. Not even remotely similar.

Lynch isn't paid to talk to the media. He's paid to play football. Talking to the media in no way affects his performance in his job.

Furthermore, not filing something could majorly affect the work I do and hurt my client. Not talking to the media doesn't affect Lynch's job as a football player. Plus, the clerk being a bitch just makes it unpleasant. But there isn't a thread of that clerk taking something I said out of context and putting it on the first page of every major media source in the country.

As far as not having to talk to the media after every game during the season, that maybe true but he did already get fined for not talking to them after a regular season game...so there's still clearly some "obligations" there.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24821432/marshawn-lynch-fined-100000-for-avoiding-media

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Because they can choose to take quotes out of context, they can do a simple hatchet job, or maybe you make a mistake.

The media are just trolling for a story.

Yea, this is also a bad analogy. Not even remotely similar.

Lynch isn't paid to talk to the media. He's paid to play football. Talking to the media in no way affects his performance in his job.

Furthermore, not filing something could majorly affect the work I do and hurt my client. Not talking to the media doesn't affect Lynch's job as a football player. Plus, the clerk being a bitch just makes it unpleasant. But there isn't a thread of that clerk taking something I said out of context and putting it on the first page of every major media source in the country.

As far as not having to talk to the media after every game during the season, that maybe true but he did already get fined for not talking to them after a regular season game...so there's still clearly some "obligations" there.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24821432/marshawn-lynch-fined-100000-for-avoiding-media

He is contractually obligated to talk to the media, how he performs isn't in question.

Not talking to the media can effect his income, and has, and that might get worse, I hope it does.

He is violating the policy that he agreed to, and I see that in the link you posted. Does he expect to get a bonus check? Of course he is going to get fined.

Post one single story that the media has trolled during SB weeks, these are the easiest interviews he will ever have. Maybe the easiest any player ever has actually, they all just goof around with each other. He's just a surly turd, I hope he gets fined harshly and told in the future he will get suspended.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He is contractually obligated to talk to the media, how he performs isn't in question.

And when he shows up and does the events, people still complain. He's not contractually obligated to tell the media what they want to hear. He's contractually obligated to show up and make himself "available". He did that.

He is violating the policy that he agreed to, and I see that in the link you posted. Does he expect to get a bonus check? Of course he is going to get fined.

Which is why he now shows up to the events and doesn't give them the time of day. I'm fine with that.

Post one single story that the media has trolled during SB weeks, these are the easiest interviews he will ever have. Maybe the easiest any player ever has actually, they all just goof around with each other. He's just a surly turd, I hope he gets fined harshly and told in the future he will get suspended.

Gets fined harshly for doing what the league demanded he do? That seems a bit nuts.

He met his obligations. He's not obligated to answer their questions. I think what he's doing is hilarious...because the media deserves it.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
And when he shows up and does the events, people still complain. He's not contractually obligated to tell the media what they want to hear. He's contractually obligated to show up and make himself "available". He did that.

Which is why he now shows up to the events and doesn't give them the time of day. I'm fine with that.

Gets fined harshly for doing what the league demanded he do? That seems a bit nuts.

He met his obligations. He's not obligated to answer their questions. I think what he's doing is hilarious...because the media deserves it.

Lets find the verbage in the contract, I bet you'll see you are wrong.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lets find the verbage in the contract, I bet you'll see you are wrong.

It's a NFL policy:
http://www.profootballwriters.org/nfl-media-policy/
Players – Players must be available to the media following every game and regularly during the practice week as required under league rules and their contracts and as noted above. It is not permissible for any player or any group of players to boycott the media. Star players, or other players with unusually heavy media demands, must be available to the media that regularly cover their teams at least once during the practice week in addition to their required post-game media availability. This applies to a maximum of one or two players per team only. The minimum for such players does not include other required media obligations such as visiting team conference calls, network production meetings, and national media interviews arranged by the team.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You use that to excuse his behavior?

Lets find the falling over the goal line while grabbing my dick clause too.

Yes, I do. Because it's within the rules. He made himself available. Grabbing his dick isn't within the rules...not that I care that he did that either.

Nothing wrong with him making himself available and then not answering the questions. He doesn't owe the media anything. I think his behavior is funny and applaud him for giving the media the same sort of shit that they give athletes.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I wish i could grab my dick at work...
200.gif

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Nah. He's obligated to be there. He's not obligated to answer questions.
I'm not saying he's breaking his contract. I'm simply disagreeing with you when you say there's nothing wrong with it.
You know there's something wrong with it. Because you wouldn't do it yourself, and you wouldn't let your mother see you do it.