Marshawn Lynch retiring?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Apparently Lynch has saved every penny from his contracts($49+million) and has lived off of endorsement deals. Smarter than he has appeared for sure. Has had a nice career and if he is hanging it up will do so without major injury and a SB ring.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I think it was time for him. He was slowing down.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...herman-seems-to-confirm-marshawns-retirement/

Seahawks confirm Marshawn’s retirement message
Posted by Mike Florio on February 8, 2016

marshawn.jpg
Getty Images

A year ago, the post-Super Bowl chatter was dominated by talk regarding the decision of the Seahawks to throw the ball and not give it to Marshawn Lynch with the game on the line. This year, Lynch is still relevant, for different reasons.

He posted a tweet in the fourth quarter suggesting strongly that he’s retiring. To help remove doubt, cornerback Richard Sherman added this on Twitter: “Salute to my guy @MoneyLynch . . . It was an honor sharing the field with you.”

The folks at Skittles also chimed in with this: “Three words. Lifetime. Skittles. Pension.”

Lynch technically owes the Seahawks $5 million if he retires — unless the Seahawks agreed last year when signing him to a new deal or since then that he gets to keep the money if he walks away after one season.

If truly done, Lynch finishes at No. 36 on the all-time rushing list, with 9,112 career yards.

UPDATE 12:29 a.m. ET 2/8/16: Russell Wilson has confirmed it, too. And the Seahawks retweeted Wilson’s message.

UPDATE 12:48 a.m. ET 2/8/16: And now owner Paul Allen has confirmed it.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
He needs to shit or get off the pot. And quit trying to take spotlight away from the SB and the players who earned a spot there. That picture he tweeted of the hanging cleats was a desperate cry for attention, what a bitch.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Because words fail me at moments like this ....

3qaitle.jpg

55555.jpg

Dancing Ape.gif

dead meet.jpg

Wilson's head.jpg

IDGAF.gif

GOOD RIDENCE!!:mrburnsevil:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Good riddance to bad rubbish.

A55VA6

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I should;ve made the thread title Marshawn Lynch hanging em' up.

Oh well. lol

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hopefully he gets to keep the rest of his signing bonus. Since, you know, that hurts Seattle's cap room.