Marshawn Lynch fined $20K for crotch grab

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Marshawn Lynch fined $20K for crotch grab, more fines await
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...-crotch-grab--more-fines-await-145340112.html

The NFL has fined Marshawn Lynch $20,000 for his post-touchdown crotch grab in the NFC Championship, and more fines could be forthcoming if Lynch decides to continue his tradition of not talking to reporters.
ESPN's Adam Schefter reported that the NFL is also considering fining Lynch significantly more than the $50,000 for each of the past two seasons for not talking to the media. Lynch again declined to speak on Sunday after the NFC Championship.

Lynch, along with the rest of the Seahawks, is slated for media availability on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday of next week. If he decides to go with his usual repeat-a-single-phrase routine, the Super Bowl trip could end up being a significant hit to his wallet. NFL officials said that each session in which Lynch declined to speak would accrue an escalating fine, with the initial fine to be more than $50,000.

Lynch's fine is more than two other recent obscene-gesture levies. Johnny Manziel was hit with a $12,000 fine for flipping a bird at the Washington Redskins in preseason. Kansas City's Travis Kelce was fined $11,025 for a gesture that we really can't even describe here that he used to demonstrate his frustration with the officials in a game against Denver.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Not sure what the big deal is? Maybe he was just checking the pressure of his balls?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Kansas City's Travis Kelce was fined $11,025 for a gesture that we really can't even describe here that he used to demonstrate his frustration with the officials in a game against Denver.
Totally worth it though. Best and most accurate description of officiating on the year.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
What's the big deal? I thought he was raising awareness for testicular cancer week.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I am so glad that this upcoming Super Bowl will be filled with class.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Normally, I'm with you, Stranger.

However, the unfortunate reality is that due to the nature of levying punishment (and because Goodell has screwed up so many adjudications in recent times), teams will have to have the ability to appeal and there's no time to do all that would need to be done prior to the Super Bowl.

What sucks is that they're not even trying. They've not even TRIED to conduct any interviews, really.

The only thing really in the NFL fan's favor is that Goodell, in his egocentric self interest rather than due to any concern for the integrity of the game, really, REALLY hates for anyone to lie to him. He feels Belicheck lied to him after Spygate and I don't think he's gotten over that.

With this recent event and especially with such a conclusive piece of evidence that 11 of the 12 NE provided balls were not only underinflated, but by the same amount whereas the balls supplied by Indy ALL complied with NFL standards.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
:snicker:

Attachments

• beetlejuice-1.jpg
    beetlejuice-1.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 2,944

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Man, I totally spaced out and didn't finish typing my post...

With this recent event and especially with such a conclusive piece of evidence that 11 of the 12 NE provided balls were not only underinflated, but by the same amount whereas the balls supplied by Indy ALL complied with NFL standards, there can be no doubt that there was cheating.

Now, if NE wins the Super Bowl... this will really, really be a huge black eye for the NFL.

So, if there ever was a time to bet on a team to win the Super Bowl, it'd be now to bet on Seattle....straight up.

Because I just can't imagine the NFL wanting to have to stomach the off season of satire, ridicule and derision that would come from a Patriot victory.

Not that I don't think Seattle could and should win... and what's funny is that intimating that the NFL can steer outcomes robs any Pats opponent of any real victory just as much as the Pats steal victories when they cheat.

Anyway, I'm not all here... I guess I should....think before I post? I think I read that somewhere...

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
I hope Lynch scores a big TD to seal the game and struts over to the Pats sideline looks Brady and Gronk right in the eye a gives a big ol' tug on his nuts

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
WTF is wrong with these guys. Lynch is to the point that he must have some brain damage. He does not get the idea that he needs to answer a few simple questions and now he can't or won't refrain from making obscene gestures. It is obvious he does not appreciate the gifts he has been given, it is time for him to go away.

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If I had that much money to throw away.. I'd grab my crotch all day.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
For goodness sakes Goodell leave the players alone. Let them smack talk, celebrate, grab themselves, wear whatever colored socks they want to, etc. Why suck every ounce of joy and individuality out of the game? It was working fine before you and the rest of the obsessively overly controlling types like you came along to ruin the game. Yeah, there should be some rules because it's a business but come on...

It reminds me of playing baseball with my friends and having a great time, then joining Little League and having the adults take all of the fun out of it.

"Hey! Teacher! Leave them kids alone!"

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qs35t2xFqdU

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
For goodness sakes Goodell leave the players alone. Let them smack talk, celebrate, grab themselves, wear whatever colored socks they want to, etc. Why suck every ounce of joy and individuality out of the game? It was working fine before you and the rest of the obsessively overly controlling types like you came along to ruin the game. Yeah, there should be some rules because it's a business but come on...

It reminds me of playing baseball with my friends and having a great time, then joining Little League and having the adults take all of the fun out of it.

"Hey! Teacher! Leave them kids alone!"

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qs35t2xFqdU

header.jpg

Damn Right, PrimeTime!!!

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I hope Lynch scores a big TD to seal the game and struts over to the Pats sideline looks Brady and Gronk right in the eye a gives a big ol' tug on his nuts

Yeah, no. This is just more non-existent fuel to the fire for my hatred of that classless, cheating organization. I hope the Patriots beat the living shit out of them. But then I couldn't call them shitchickens.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
Yeah, no. This is just more non-existent fuel to the fire for my hatred of that classless, cheating organization. I hope the Patriots beat the living crap out of them. But then I couldn't call them shitchickens.
....wow. When I read the first part of your post I was sure you were about to bash the Patriots.
I guess it could go either way

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
WTF is wrong with these guys. Lynch is to the point that he must have some brain damage. He does not get the idea that he needs to answer a few simple questions and now he can't or won't refrain from making obscene gestures. It is obvious he does not appreciate the gifts he has been given, it is time for him to go away.

And you'd think he would have enough class/sense to not keep grabbing his balls on camera his family is probably watching. This is the second time he's done it and gotten fined, he did it against the Panthers but the refs didn't see it and the media hardly noticed too.

This guy is a head case, and he has three sessions with the media coming up the wek before the game. He's going to be fined significantly, and he deserves it.

I laugh at the argument that the NFL can't make players do these kinds of things when it is written into the CBA. They ARE required to do it, and often it's spelled out in contracts as well. He doesn't have to go talk to the press, but then he doesn't have to play in the NFL either. You can't have it both ways.

He borderline suspendable based on the crotch fascination and media boycott. He's really on the edge here and I heard that the NFL and SEA are talking about what to do if he no shows. Eventually they are going to have to really come down on players like this. 20K and 50K is nothing to a guy who makes 6 mil like he does. Eventually Goodell and the players union are going to get fed up and allow suspensions so a player loses a game check.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Fining a player for that is stupid.

That said, Lynch reminds me of that JR high/HS douche bag who does a thing once, gets a little response, and then builds his entire persona on it. Someone thinks the walking backwards into the end zone was cool? Well now I must do it everytime. Because it's my thing, man.