Mariota, Winston or Hundley?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
I am guessing one of those QB's will be a Ram next season! Even if Bradford comes back (which I am guessing is very,very IFFY!) the Rams have to do the prudent thing and get a QB ready in case he doesn't make it through the season.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have concerns about all three. But Mariota or Winston for me.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Hundley or Winston for me. Mariota will not function well with this coaching staff. I like him, but not for this team at this time.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Mariota if he's there then Hundley again Winston would be a slam dunk, but I don't trust him and Hundley has it all IMHO, but I trust jrry more than anyone in their analyses, but Winston just scares the Dickens out of me.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
I know zero about Hundley but wouldn't mind either one of those other two. Question is are we going to be able to have a horrible enough record to draft one of them? Maybe a bit of a trade up... either way drafting a QB next year is a must. Bradford, Davis or anybody else we have is not the answer.

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have concerns about all three. But Mariota or Winston for me.

Agreed! I just don't know if the Rams will pick high enough to get a shot at either one of them but with their remaining schedule looking pretty tough it is possible
one of them might be.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I know zero about Hundley but wouldn't mind either one of those other two. Question is are we going to be able to have a horrible enough record to draft one of them? Maybe a bit of a trade up... either way drafting a QB next year is a must. Bradford, Davis or anybody else we have is not the answer.

We cant afford a trade up for one of these guys who might not be the answer. If someone is available when we draft we'll have to pull the trigger but we just have to hope Sam has a stretch of good luck with his health.

Athos

Legend
Hundley isn't cerebral enough as a QB.

It's Mariota or bust. Though there are a couple 2nd and 3rd rounders I may look at.

Bryce Petty (though the back worries me)
Bo Wallace (will need to ride the bench for awhile)

Weak QB class overall though.

V3

Hall of Fame
I haven't watched any of them enough to be certain so I won't say who I want but I'm willing to bet that both Winston and Mariota will be gone by the time the Rams pick, so....

I hope Hundley's good.

Corbin

We cant afford a trade up for one of these guys who might not be the answer. If someone is available when we draft we'll have to pull the trigger but we just have to hope Sam has a stretch of good luck with his health.
I'm sorry man but that Bradford ship has sailed. He is not the answer.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I'm sorry man but that Bradford ship has sailed. He is not the answer.

Well he's under contract, should be healthy by next pre season and is very talented - we win that game tonight with him for example. That cant be said about anyone else around that could be the answer in my book.

Corbin

Well he's under contract, should be healthy by next pre season and is very talented - we win that game tonight with him for example. That cant be said about anyone else around that could be the answer in my book.
Him being under contract like Wells is under contract doesn't guarantee anything. It doesn't matter if he's healthy because he'll get injured again just like he has the last 5 years. We don't win that game tonight because he is injured again. Would of's and could of's don't count in the NFL. Bradford might be intriguing to have as a 2nd or 3rd stringer but that is about it.

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

In my personal opinion, Bradford is going to have to take a major cut in pay to remain a Ram and even if he does the Rams better get a better backup than who they have now since whoever backs up Bradford (IF, he is a Ram next season) will probably end up being the starter sometime during the season (I HOPE I am wrong!)!

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
I'm fine with whoever as long as they stay healthy and are better than Davis.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Winston. Best QB of the 3, and it's not my job to judge on the character aspect of football. I've heard from plenty of people attending FSU that Jameis' off the field concerns aren't as big as you might think, and a lot of it is overblown in the media.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3r4WlS1ReOY

Around 30 seconds...(paraphrasing) "I gotta play better, I have to make smarter decisions and not turn the ball over. I'm hurting the team."

Hate Winston or love him, gotta respect him stepping up and taking the blame. He does need to make smarter decisions which is what has me concerned. Making a lot of poor throws and reads lately. Don't know if he's distracted or what. Gonna have to dive into the film eventually and figure it out.

jjab360

Legend
Winston is a must if he's there, I'm coming around on Mariota's raw potential, and Hundley is probably an upgrade as well but not on the same tier as the other two