Manziel or Davis? Had we taken Manziel, he'd likely be starter now

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Hoyer: I don’t even think about getting benched for Manziel
Posted by Michael David Smith on October 23, 2014, 6:40 AM EDT
hoyermanziel.jpg
AP
Rookie quarterback Derek Carr is the starter in Oakland. Rookie quarterback Blake Bortles is the starter in Jacksonville. Rookie quarterback Teddy Bridgewater is the starter in Minnesota. And now rookie quarterback Zach Mettenberger is the starter in Tennessee. But rookie quarterbackJohnny Manziel is firmly planted on the bench in Cleveland.

The man keeping Manziel on the bench, Brian Hoyer, says he’s not worried about that changing. Hoyer said he’s confident in what he’s doing for the Browns, even after Sunday’s ugly loss to the Jaguars, and he believes the coaches are committed to him.

“I don’t even think about it to be honest with you,” Hoyer said, via ESPNCleveland.com. “I know what goes into my preparation. I know that talking to my coaches, that’s the farthest thing on my mind. Yeah, I don’t doubt that [coach Mike Pettine] has my back. I also know that if you have one bad game, I think thatpeople are just going to be calling for your job already. That’s just the way it goes. But I know within this building I feel more than comfortable.”

Hoyer did have one bad game, and people are calling for his job, and Hoyer isn’t happy about that.

“Three weeks ago everyone was saying Tom Brady was done with,” Hoyer said. “He’s the greatest quarterback of all time. He had one bad game, and people are throwing him under the bus. I think when you see that even the great ones have bad games you know you’re going to have a few. Yeah, it sucks. You don’t want to go out there and not perform well. Obviously, we prepare our butts off all week to go out there and execute and play the best of our ability, but sometimes you have a situation where you don’t play great, and the other team plays well. It’s a bad combination. For me, really of all the games I’ve ever played, that was the worst I’ve ever felt after one.”

Hoyer will feel even worse if he has another game as bad as Sunday’s. If he plays like that again this week and the Browns lose to the Raiders, Hoyer will surely lose his job to Manziel.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
:rolleyes:

Depends upon what we wanted to do especially long term.
If we wanted to be a poor team on an ongoing basis, we should have taken Manziel.
AD craps better than Manziel will ever be.

I've said it before, I'll say it again.
In 5 years, Manziel will be a color commentator for Texas A&M Football games.
AD probably will still be in the NFL as a QB at least at some level.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Even after Bradford got hurt and Shaun Hill seemed to be the best option, I was still glad we didn't take Manziel. Big concerns for me both about character and if he might be one of those who excelled at college but just won't work in the NFL.

:rolleyes:

Depends upon what we wanted to do especially long term.
If we wanted to be a poor team on an ongoing basis, we should have taken Manziel.
AD craps better than Manziel will ever be.

I've said it before, I'll say it again.
In 5 years, Manziel will be a color commentator for Texas A&M Football games.
AD probably will still be in the NFL as a QB at least at some level.

If we'd of drafted Manziel over Donald I'd of cried.

RamWoodie

Legend
For the last time...

Johnny "FATHEAD" Manziel is a NFL career back-up!!!

This is not the NCAA!!!