Manziel benched for McCown

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'd take a flier for the right price.

We need a lot of hooks in the water.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
... I just realized I cheered beers and Johnny Football has a presumed drinking issue. :palm:

... :banana:

TexasRam

Legend
The only Qb that would survive behind our oline is a drunk one who will Be numbed up before all the hits he takes on Sunday's.

So bring on Manziel!!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

More like...
Fishermen.jpg

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
I'd take him in Horns in a heartbeat.
Manziel will be on the Rams before the year is out.
I bet the Rams take the Browns to the cleaners and get him. The guy can be a very good QB in this league. I'd take him in horns too.
A friend of mine who is a Browns fan is furious with the Browns right now over this incident.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
When I watch Manziel he still has that ability to look downfield while scrambling. So the dude could probably do quite well in a WCO type scheme with a lot of backfield movement. And he's got the arm too, no question about that.

All the hate just makes me pull for him tbh. I'd love to see the guy kill it with the Rams, that $hit would be rich.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Because Mike Pettine is an idiot? Lets not act like they were the creme de la creme of NFL before hand. The kid went 73.3 372 1 1 95.8 against the same Steelers that embarrassed Nick Foles, so the kid has some talent in him.

Compare his numbers to Josh McCown...who's playing in the same offense with the same personnel.

I don't care if the Rams want to throw a late round pick at the Browns for the guy. But let's not pretend that Manziel has come close to proving he's worth a damn in the NFL.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
36169d1260329802t-**-random-picture-thread-hell-yes-jpg

I'd take Manziel on this team right now without thinking twice about it. Why the hell not? We got guys who party here, miss meetings, miss flights, screw their wives on Instagram, and basically mouth off about everything on Twitter. So Johnny Manchild likes to throw back. Big whoop. Put him at the front of the LONG line of players I'd like to see come through here and establish themselves as studs. If they don't, then GTFO so the next guy can give it a shot.

Maybe we'd be a better team if we had less of these guys.

QB is one position where I really don't want a guy like that. Manziel already admitted he played like shit last year because he gave no effort due to his partying ways. He went to rehab and claimed for the second time that he was reformed. And then this happened as soon as he's named the starter. Can you really blame the Browns for being pissed?

Either ways, I don't care if it's a late round pick but I won't be banking on this guy.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Manziel will be on the Rams before the year is out.
I bet the Rams take the Browns to the cleaners and get him. The guy can be a very good QB in this league. I'd take him in horns too.
A friend of mine who is a Browns fan is furious with the Browns right now over this incident.
Give me the Josh Gordon/Manziel combo deal.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Compare his numbers to Josh McCown...who's playing in the same offense with the same personnel.
Of course McCown's numbers are better. He's started more games and got to nicely pad his stats against teams like the Raiders, the Ravens and the Chargers, meanwhile Manziel's 3 starts came against the Titans, the Bengals and the Steelers. That's like saying look at Foles' numbers compared to Keenum.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
"Yeah i'll have a #2 and a #12 with a Coke."
th
th
th

"To go please & hurry the fuck up we're 4-6 and spiraling out of control."

th

"Thanks."

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Maybe we'd be a better team if we had less of these guys.

QB is one position where I really don't want a guy like that. Manziel already admitted he played like crap last year because he gave no effort due to his partying ways. He went to rehab and claimed for the second time that he was reformed. And then this happened as soon as he's named the starter. Can you really blame the Browns for being pissed?

Either ways, I don't care if it's a late round pick but I won't be banking on this guy.
That's a lucid, intelligent, well thought-out objection.

eW67LS5.jpg

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW

Yeah, but we don't have to take everything that gets caught in the net!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
It probably is, TMZ is the one who broke it and outside of a few stories nobody's going to say that TMZ is worried about making sure their stories are 'accurate' or right at all.

Actually TMZ almost always gets it right and is very accurate when they report. They focus on sensational stuff, not "normal" news so they break provocative stories but they are on the money pretty much 100% of the time.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Actually TMZ almost always gets it right and is very accurate when they report. They focus on sensational stuff, not "normal" news so they break provocative stories but they are on the money pretty much 100% of the time.
Not even, allow me to list some examples.

Once they said Miley Cyrus died in a car crash in 2008, they lied and said Eddie Griffin attacked a woman because of homophobic reasons and were subsequently sued as a result or when they reported Lil Wayne dying in a hospital of seizures or them openly admitting to posting false pictures of JFK partying on a boat with topless chicks.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Of course McCown's numbers are better. He's started more games and got to nicely pad his stats against teams like the Raiders, the Ravens and the Chargers, meanwhile Manziel's 3 starts came against the Titans, the Bengals and the Steelers. That's like saying look at Foles' numbers compared to Keenum.

McCown also played the Rams, Cardinals, and Broncos. In the 6 games that McCown has started (not counting the Jets because he left with an injury), the Browns have scored 20+ points in every single game except the Rams game.

In the three games that Manziel has started, the Browns have failed to score more than 10 points in 2 of the 3 games.

McCown has a better QB rating, completion%, YPA, and TD to Int ratio than Manziel.

My point stands. Not sure how you can hype up Manziel's numbers when McCown is very arguably doing more with the same offense.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
I always said that going to rehab was a PR move. He's a spoiled, little rich kid who's never been told NO. He used to park in handicap spots at A&M, then cry, saying he was "being singled out and picked on" when he got a ticket. He's such a little bitch, and I'd love to punch him in his little bitch face.