Manziel benched for McCown

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
He's not that good, and he's dumb, and he's a spoiled punk, and he's a liar.

No thanks to all that!

If he was worthwhile he wouldn't have just moved from starting to #3 on the depth chart for perhaps the only franchise that can challenge the Rams when it comes to futility.

He's a not a kid who can play QB, I want one of those too, but this guy ain't it!

A dumb liar. Sounds like he should run for office. Or go win rings with the Patriots.

Is he spoiled? Yeah - it seems like it. He grew up with money and had talent - probably a pretty easy life. Is he immature? Seems like it. So are most 22 year old professional athletes.

Keep in mind that we don't know these guys. At best we know their images.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
If he was worthwhile he wouldn't have just moved from starting to #3 on the depth chart for perhaps the only franchise that can challenge the Rams when it comes to futility.
Because Mike Pettine is an idiot? Lets not act like they were the creme de la creme of NFL before hand. The kid went 73.3 372 1 1 95.8 against the same Steelers that embarrassed Nick Foles, so the kid has some talent in him.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Most of us. At 22 - we all have our futures on the line. We could spend every day preparing for adulthood - putting in extra hours at school or work, bettering ourselves, perfecting our various crafts, or checking potential investment opportunities.

But did any of us do that? Maybe a bit, but for the most part, we chased tail, got drunk or high, and tried to have fun.

Or am I wrong about that?

I replied too soon on my last one. My point was, if any of us had millions of dollars at stake and had the people he has guiding him, like GM's, coaches etc we probably would get it. Truth is when you look at all the players as a whole, more do the right thing than dont.

I dont think you are wrong at all. Ya, we all did some questionable things, but its apples and oranges. If I was a football player and stood to make up to 100M in my say 10-15 year career I would of done a lot of things differently......do you think you would of too?

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Guessing that was his last chance - certainly with the Brownies.

Perhaps some other team will roll the dice with him, but they'd be dumb IMO... and that's coming from a dad who paid to put one of his kids through A&M.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
The kid has some major problems. I hope he finds a way to get his life straightened out whether or not he plays football again. This isn't a football problem, it is a life problem. It's just more visible in his case because of football. That being said, football is not a right it's a privilege. A privilege that comes with extra benefits, expectations, notoriety, and consequences when you screw up. It's sad to see people work to achieve their dreams only to piss it away to party essentially. It's a shame...

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Because Mike Pettine is an idiot? Lets not act like they were the creme de la creme of NFL before hand. The kid went 73.3 372 1 1 95.8 against the same Steelers that embarrassed Nick Foles, so the kid has some talent in him.

What about ALL of the other games he has played in the NFL?

No thanks to Johnny Tricycle.

Schmitzer

UDFA
Austin Davis is trending on Twitter now. Fans from CLE and STL are saying he should be their starting QB!

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
What about ALL of the other games he has played in the NFL?

No thanks to Johnny Tricycle.
He plays with a bad team, and has only started 5 whole games, the rest of his appearance were him coming into spell somebody who was underperforming or injured. Saying that we've seen the guy's full potential is false.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
He plays with a bad team, and has only started 5 whole games, the rest of his appearance were him coming into spell somebody who was underperforming or injured. Saying that we've seen the guy's full potential is false.

Well I've seen enough on and off the field to decide it would be a mistake to take him and try to make it work.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I replied too soon on my last one. My point was, if any of us had millions of dollars at stake and had the people he has guiding him, like GM's, coaches etc we probably would get it. Truth is when you look at all the players as a whole, more do the right thing than dont.

I dont think you are wrong at all. Ya, we all did some questionable things, but its apples and oranges. If I was a football player and stood to make up to 100M in my say 10-15 year career I would of done a lot of things differently......do you think you would of too?

I don't know. I walk away from money all the time in life to seek out happiness. Most of us do. Otherwise, more of us would bust our butts in school. But somehow, at the time, it just isn't the most important thing.

And yeah, maybe there is a really good support structure in the NFL, but there is another side to that too. NFL players party. They drink, they get laid, they do drugs - they live celebrity lifestyles. When its Gronk, its seen as cool. When its Manziel, its immature.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
He got drunk and rapped into someone's phone? Lol. Browns are sorry man. I could care less if the dude fell off the wagon, unless he missed a team meeting of some kind. Beyond that these guys are big boys, no reason to try to control them on their time.

Of course I'm a guy who parties like a fuckin maniac and have for many years, so maybe that's why I just don't understand all the hubbub.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He got drunk and rapped into someone's phone? Lol. Browns are sorry man. I could care less if the dude fell off the wagon, unless he missed a team meeting of some kind. Beyond that these guys are big boys, no reason to try to control them on their time.

Of course I'm a guy who parties like a freakin maniac and have for many years, so maybe that's why I just don't understand all the hubbub.
He's an alcoholic.

Serious stuff from a personal POV.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

Of course I'm a guy who parties like a freakin maniac and have for many years, so maybe that's why I just don't understand all the hubbub.
36169d1260329802t-**-random-picture-thread-hell-yes-jpg

I'd take Manziel on this team right now without thinking twice about it. Why the hell not? We got guys who party here, miss meetings, miss flights, screw their wives on Instagram, and basically mouth off about everything on Twitter. So Johnny Manchild likes to throw back. Big whoop. Put him at the front of the LONG line of players I'd like to see come through here and establish themselves as studs. If they don't, then GTFO so the next guy can give it a shot.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I grew up when guys like Bobby Layne and Joe Namath were revered for their party ways.
Id prefer the kid cool it a bit but I'd take him as a football player all day

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Right!

It's not like he runs an illegal dog fighting ring, or killed someone in a DUI, or murdered someone in cold blood, or beat his wife.

This is the type of player you take a chance on if the price is right. I'd throw the Browns a 5th rounder to see how he turns out. Once he grows up he could end up being a damn exciting NFL QB.

:wtf: