LSU, Georgia, USC, Miami

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
With all of these high profile positions open there should be some surprising hires.

One surprise to me is the Memphis coach, Justin Fuentes going to VaTech. Their program was traditionally defense first type of montra. Memphis has had good offenses. I am not saying he is not deserving of a move up. I thought he would hold out for a top spot.

Maybe Virginia Tech is a better, lower pressure spot to land. I think they got a very good head coach.

Another name that should move up the ladder is Matt Ruhle from Temple. He has done great with that team. I wonder if Miamii would drink from that well again.

Some suggest Mike Lynch (co-OC) at Bowling Green deserves a head coaching spot. Maybe he goes to Memphis.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Word here is that Memphis will be or already have been going hard after Missouri's Defensive Coordinator Barry Odom, a former Memphis DC.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Word here is that Memphis will be or already have been going hard after Missouri's Defensive Coordinator Barry Odom, a former Memphis DC.
Dude's churned some defensive talent into the NFL, that's for certain.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I thought I heard that Miles was getting 1 more year at LSU. Did I imagine that?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You may be right Deiter. I have not read that but most of what I read was early on. Something about the bowl game being his last at LSU.

I think that he should be putting feelers out right now. There are a lot of jobs opened up and this would be a good year to jump on one. USC? Miami?

Why wait around to play out this last season........unless he is retiring that is.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Sounds like a good plan. It would suck to be a fan of these smaller schools because they are stepping stones and you get used to your team being good and then the coach leaves. If the next is not up to par it can be 5 years of suckage.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
USC kept Helton as HC? Another questionable decision post-Carroll. Miles is staying at LSU. I wonder if Richt ends up with another team? Think he's a good coach.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
USC kept Helton as HC? Another questionable decision post-Carroll. Miles is staying at LSU. I wonder if Richt ends up with another team? Think he's a good coach.

Richt looked at PSU during the scandal. He said he and his wife really liked it but the sticking point was his daughters medical condition and her desire to stay with her Doctors and hospital in Georgia. If that is still a requirement he may have to wait for an opening close to home.

Who did USC hire as A.D. ? Or did they hire the coach first? I agree that is a questionable hire. I would think they would try to make a big splash hire, or get an up and comer like Ruhle, or go with a very successful Coordinator at a big program, like many programs do.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Richt looked at PSU during the scandal. He said he and his wife really liked it but the sticking point was his daughters medical condition and her desire to stay with her Doctors and hospital in Georgia. If that is still a requirement he may have to wait for an opening close to home.

Who did USC hire as A.D. ? Or did they hire the coach first? I agree that is a questionable hire. I would think they would try to make a big splash hire, or get an up and comer like Ruhle, or go with a very successful Coordinator at a big program, like many programs do.

It's still Pat Haden.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Missouri is desperately going to need a good coach. It's going to be impossible to fill Pinkel's shoes immediately, but hopefully they can make us proud.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Missouri is desperately going to need a good coach. It's going to be impossible to fill Pinkel's shoes immediately, but hopefully they can make us proud.

They were talking to Matt Ruhle from Temple but then I heard they went their separate ways. It was probably over money, which is not a good sign for Mizzou fans. They should have just promoted their DC

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Michigan DC D.J. during was hired by Maryland.

I wonder if this will affect their recruiting. They were rumored favorites to land #1 prospect Rashan Gary.

It may not make a difference though since Harbaugh put Gary's high school coach on his staff.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Richt took the Miami job

Syracuse hired Bowling Greens Dino Baber. I hope Franklin gives his OC a call. They had a very good offense.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Richt to Miami is a great move. He can recruit the south and can get some <cough> questionalbe guys thru down there that may not have gotten in to UGA
Did he bring Shotty with him? Lol

Who is taking the Georgia job?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Richt to Miami is a great move. He can recruit the south and can get some <cough> questionalbe guys thru down there that may not have gotten in to UGA

Kirby Smart, Alabama's DC

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Richt is a great hire for Miami. He can bring the program back to contention. I'm holding out hope South Carolina doesn't do the inexplicable and hire Will Muschamp. But I keep losing more and more hope the more I see.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Richt is a great hire for Miami. He can bring the program back to contention. I'm holding out hope South Carolina doesn't do the inexplicable and hire Will Muschamp. But I keep losing more and more hope the more I see.
Yeah that wouldnt be good. He already took down your former favorite team in Florida, would almost seem like a vendaetta against you to take the Gamecocks down as well

I gues there's always hope for Chip Kelly....

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Looks like Mizzou has hired from within with Barry Odom. Hopefully they promote Kuligowski to defensive coordinator. We can't afford to lose him.