Lions LB tears ACL while celebrating a sack

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/22/lions-confirm-stephen-tulloch-tore-acl-celebrating/

Lions confirm: Stephen Tulloch tore ACL celebrating
Posted by Darin Gantt on September 22, 2014

7f036e4daec76b619688125405635af8.jpeg
AP

It’s bad enough he was compared to a Gramatica.

Now Stephen Tulloch has the entire season to plan his next celebration.

The Lions confirmed that Tulloch tore his ACL yesterday while celebrating a sack, and would be placed on injured reserve.

As difficult a break as it was, Lions coach Jim Caldwell knows it’s hard to curb such celebrations.

“It’s not going to happen,” Caldwell said. “This is an emotional game. We want enthusiasm.”

The Lions thought they ended their bizarre injury luck when they let veteran receiver/pizza delivery guy Nate Burleson go this offseason, but this may be even worse.

In a related development, high fives have been prohibited, and Ndamukong Suh has been given a big, soft, fuzzy boot to wear when he feels like stomping someone.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I guess there are some teams that are more cursed than the Rams are. Only a few, but hey.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Better than tearing your sack while celebrating a LB.

I'm not really sure what that means...

BuffaloRam

Pro Bowler
That guy is one unlucky sonofabitch! Tulloch is a good player - this is a career defining moment for all the wrong reasons

RamBill

Legend
I've always wondered why coaches didn't ban the jumping celebrations because of just what happened to Tulloch. I'm surprised it doesn't happen more. Cards kicker Bill Gramatica did it a few years ago jumping up by himself celebrating a field goal.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wish they would get rid of that crap! Serves him right. It's a team sport and nothing says me me me me me more that a stupid celebration. Did Deacon Jones ever dance around? Did Jack Youngblood ever Dance around? Jack Lambert of the Steelers? I've become my father wishing for the old days, Ha!

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I wish they would get rid of that crap! Serves him right. It's a team sport and nothing says me me me me me more that a stupid celebration. Did Deacon Jones ever dance around? Did Jack Youngblood ever Dance around? Jack Lambert of the Steelers? I've become my father wishing for the old days, Ha!

I doubt you complain when Quinn does his sack dance. . . .

iced

wonder how many lions fans are calling him injury prone -snicker-