Like a boss

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Guy+Falls+Off+Treadmill.gif
Hilarious. I could watch that all day.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John

That was awesome!....not to one-up you. But check this one out- Daniel Nava, a kid coached at College of San Mateo by my old Little League teammate Doug Williams. Doug gave Daniel a shot when the other schools dismissed him because of his size. He went on to excel there, then get drafted by the Red Sox.

This was his debut in the Majors:

View: https://youtu.be/yf4k8hr1sv4

...and then, in the first game after the Boston Marathon bombing Nava does it again! With a game winning homer to lift the spirits of a shaken Boston town.

View: https://youtu.be/WZc244YEj1E

I saw this video that Sunday at church, then our pastor shined the spotlight on a couple up toward the front that I didn't know go to our church, "Mr. and Mrs. Nava, you have quite a son!" I just lost it, as did the rest of the congregation.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's the best gif I've ever seen!

freaking love the boss.
Do you know who Bruce is dancing with? He pulled her out of the crowd. Hint, she went onto become a celebrity herself.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Do you know who Bruce is dancing with? He pulled her out of the crowd. Hint, she went onto become a celebrity herself.

It's a cheesy music vid, even for it's time.

It's Courtney Cox. She probably won the job because she was the only chick who was as incapable of dancing as Bruce LOL.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall

I do. If there's a fact I don't know about the boss it ain't worth knowing. I went to my 9th Springsteen show last month.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I do. If there's a fact I don't know about the boss it ain't worth knowing. I went to my 9th Springsteen show last month.

His shows are legendary, though at his age I don't know if he plays all night still.

I'll hook you up with something. I don't know where on this page the audio is but it's there somewhere. It's a vintage concert from Springsteen at the Agora in CLE. You can probably get a better recording somewhere or download it, you'll want it if you don't have it.

I used to go there all the time (fake ID) but wasn't at this show. Bruce was one of a few bands that WMMS helped break out, Rush, Bowie, U2 and couple of others got lots of air play and were well received by the locals. Bruce became friends with a guy named Kid Leo, a very influential DJ at WMMS who later moved on to a record label and had a long career.

Back then these guys weren't mega-global-stars even after hitting it big. They would stop in studio and sometimes hang out for a few hours when they were in town for a concert. They had to promote through radio exclusively because that was the only medium available back then. Fans could actually call in and say hi and ask questions, it was a pretty cool thing when you consider how insulated celebs are now other than Twitter and IG, and that's not the same as being on the phone with your favorite band IMO.

Check this out:

http://trampslikeus.com/agora1978/

That's my gift to you.

Here is a link for photos I think from that show:

http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2015/02/bruce_springsteen_and_the_e_st.html

Here is a concert poster for The Boss, probably from 1974ish.

s-l225.jpg

WMMS was an icon in rock radio and was the top station according to Rolling Stone Magazine for several years in a row IIRC. As a kid I went to a lot of their events/concerts/promotions. At the same time The Agora was a place bands went to in order to get exposure and try to hit it big. Two pretty cool converging drivers made for great radio and concerts. It seemed like there was ALWAYS something happening, especially in the summer.

Good times.

Google Bruce Springsteen and WMMS and you'll be busy for hours trust me.

I had fun looking the stuff up for you, it was a fun trip down memory lane and thanks for spurring it on!!!

EDIT:

Found this.......typical Agora lineup back then. Time Warp!!!

agora-august-74-poster.jpg

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor

That's great, me being from New Jersey Bruce was a huge part of growing up down on the Jersey shore. I have very close friends that are Bruce fanatics. They have traveled the globe to see him in concert. If I had to guess, they've been to atleast 60 concerts over the years. Married with no children of course.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
The first time I saw the Boss I didn't even know who he was. He was opening for Chicago. He rocked the house!!!!

RedRam

Pro Bowler

That's a she? I thought it was Ralph Macchio! :shocked::rolllaugh::rolllaugh: