Les Snead with Adam Schein. Why they took Goff over Wentz

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
Forgive me for being and outlier and a Wentzien but I actually respect Schein as a reporter. Sure, he's a shock jock who enfuriates fans...hell, you guys are paying attention and that's his job, to make you do so. I still believe Wentz was the right man but will support Goff to my dying breath, HE'S NOW A RAM. I will trust this administration did their homework and are better evaluators than I am.

But here's what I do like about Schein, he stayed true to his opinion that Wentz is the better QB for the Rams BUT HE RESPECTFULLY asked the right questions to dig out WHY Snisher chose Goff. He got Snead to admit Wentz will also be a successful QB and they did their due diligence to choose Goff with two weeks to reconsider. It had nothing to do with level of competition, I'm glad to finally hear Snead say that. It had nothing to do w the move...I already knew that but it needed to be addressed to refute the dumbshiznik that some have said. He asked about THE PROCESS of how Jared was chosen, didn't we all really want to know that? Adam even gave Snead a chance to address why Jared's win/loss record was a strength, not a weakness. He also got Les to say that Goff was the leader from the jump... I hadn't heard that until this interview. Did anyone else notice that Snead referenced Schein's reports of how Snisher built a team from weakness to where it is now? Les alone in this interview made Adam important because Les is watching. He also got Snead to reiterate that the team wants Goff to start the first game but he won't unless he's ready to do so.

Adam Schein is a reporter. He sells copy. He asks probing, important questions fans want to hear. He's not afraid to say someone is wrong when he believes they are. Bryan Burwell was one of my favorites and I miss his articles for many of the same reasons.

I too was offended when Adam called the Rans out on draft day. But I have to admit....he's an effective reporter.

Last edited:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Schein is just looking for reaction. If the Rams drafted Wentz, he'd be saying Goff was the smart choice
I listen to Philly sports radio and its funny how different they view Wentz.
The majority feel they were sold the kid, and are wondering what they got themselves in to.
That's not to say they are right, personally I think Wentz is a stud, just that in this draft I believe whoever went #1 would be second guessed.
Especially by a 2nd rate, jock sniffer like Adam Schein

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Man the video is not allowed to play in my country. Can someone give some cliff notes of what he said. Or was it just ask the same things we were debating leading up to the draft?

Me, i fail to see how a qb with great presence inside the pocket can fail in the nfl.

Man we gotta get you out of North Korea.........

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Forgive me for being and outlier and a Wentzien but I actually respect Schein as a reporter. Sure, he's a shock jock who enfuriates fans...hell, you guys are paying attention and that's his job, to make you do so. I still believe Wentz was the right man but will support Goff to my dying breath, HE'S NOW A RAM. I will trust this administration did their homework and are better evaluators than I am.

But here's what I do like about Schein, he stayed true to his opinion that Wentz is the better QB for the Rams BUT HE RESPECTFULLY asked the right questions to dig out WHY Snisher chose Goff. He got Snead to admit Wentz will also be a successful QB and they did their due diligence to choose Goff with two weeks to reconsider. It had nothing to do with level of competition, I'm glad to finally hear Snead say that. It had nothing to do w the move...I already knew that but it needed to be addressed to refute the dumbshiznik that some have said. He asked about THE PROCESS of how Jared was chosen, didn't we all really want to know that? Adam even gave Snead a chance to address why Jared's win/loss record was a strength, not a weakness. He also got Les to say that Goff was the leader from the jump... I hadn't heard that until this interview. Did anyone else notice that Snead referenced Schein's reports of how Snisher built a team from weakness to where it is now? Les alone in this interview made Adam important because Les is watching. He also got Snead to reiterate that the team wants Goff to start the first game but he won't unless he's ready to do so.

Adam Schein is a reporter. He sells copy. He asks probing, important questions fans want to hear. He's not afraid to say someone is wrong when he believes they are. Bryan Burwell was one of my favorites and I miss his articles for many of the same reasons.

I too was offended when Adam called the Rans out on draft day. But I have to admit....he's an effective reporter.
You make a good argument, but I'm gonna go ahead and reject it anyway. I don't care if he shows respect for Snead when asking the same questions that he asked me (a fan) in a far less respectful tone. I care about how I'm respected. Me. Hell, I would have given him much more credit for calling Fisher "Mr. 8-8" when talking to Snead while making his point. Or telling Snead that he pities the fans of his Organization because the decision makers are goofs - he [Snead] being one of them. If you're gonna be a condescending dick, then be a condescending dick to everyone universally. Why wouldn't he do that to Snead? Because he's a coward. At least Rome took his licks and called Jim Everett "Chris" instead of showing him respect.

So, yeah. I don't have any room on my list of respected reporters for Schein if that's how he's going to conduct himself when speaking to me (albeit indirectly). Lots of reporters thought the Rams should have gone in a different direction, but not a single one of them took a shot at my team, or insinuated that I'm doomed as a fan because the hierarchy is full of morons. All I see is a chump who throws rocks at me from the safety of his own porch.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
This x's a million

I know you're a busy guy......but spelling out times versus using x's is really lazy LOL. It's only saving you two keystrokes!!!

(I had to poke ya a little it's been awhile since you've been around this much and I've missed you :love: hahaha )

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know you're a busy guy......but spelling out times versus using x's is really lazy LOL. It's only saving you two keystrokes!!!

(I had to poke ya a little it's been awhile since you've been around this much and I've missed you :love: hahaha )
Hahah damn you les