Les Dropping Bread Crumbs?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
Snead was on the Eisen Show last Thursday.He asks Les" you came on my show in 2012 and unbeknownst to me
dropped bread crumbs on my show about what it would take to move up to the number 2 spot.Are you now
or have you at anytime during this show dropped bread crumbs about who you are taking at the number one pick?"
of course Les responds no.
But Les has said a couple things that COULD be construed as bread crumbs.
The first came at the press conference.when ask if the Rams knew who they were going
to take?Les responded by saying that "most of the hay was in the barn"
When you think of hay in the barn,which would you think of first Cal or N Dakota?
OK that on its own ,maybe not that strong.but still odd choice of phrase considering the venue.
The second one .while on the Dan Patrick show today.

DP:
(Laughs) You know who you’re picking.
LS: I can tell you this … we have a leader in the club house

Guess who is visiting the Rams today?It aint Goff.
Off my rocker?Maybe....Thoughts?

http://www.danpatrick.com/2016/04/1...lubhouse-for-no-1-pick-but-there-were-2-guys/

12min mark

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQYRG6eNfz8

View: http://www.therams.com/videos/videos/Blockbuster-Trade-Press-Conference---414/db963cc5-16b6-4553-8a66-bd5a59c277da

Last edited:

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
I don't think those remarks mean a thing.
"Hey in the barn".....is how Les speaks.....plain spoken/country boy.

Nope I don't see any bread crumbs.....:sneaky:

JMHO.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
The only breadcrumbs I see is the phrase, "Leader in the clubhouse"

QB = Leader
In the clubhouse is where the is currently.

BUT I feel like that's reaching for something that isn't there.

I think Wentz is visiting to try to make the Browns nervous and see if they would swap spots to pick up some picks. The Rams did nothing with Gurley and that's who they wanted. The Wentz stuff could just be a smoke screen.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Technically when he said they have a leader in the club house, neither of the QBs were visiting. I think it's just another Les Speak incident.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Or maybe... The "clubhouse" means the "Subway Club" sandwich?

The former spokesperson for Subway; first name was Jared.

The hint was about Jared Goff?

giphy.gif

tavian

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Technically when he said they have a leader in the club house, neither of the QBs were visiting. I think it's just another Les Speak incident.

same day

tavian

Or maybe... The "clubhouse" means the "Subway Club" sandwich?

The former spokesperson for Subway first name was Jared.

The hint was about Jared Goff?

giphy.gif

I think your just thinking about sandwhiches.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
The only breadcrumbs I see is the phrase, "Leader in the clubhouse"

QB = Leader
In the clubhouse is where the is currently.

BUT I feel like that's reaching for something that isn't there.

I think Wentz is visiting to try to make the Browns nervous and see if they would swap spots to pick up some picks. The Rams did nothing with Gurley and that's who they wanted. The Wentz stuff could just be a smoke screen.

Rams are having both qbs visiting brotha, so I don't think the Wentz visit is smoke.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I don't think what he said today of the "Hay" comment are bread crumbs, however, one tidbit I did pick up at the press conference announcing the trade is how Snead responded to ceilings & floors...Snead said and I am paraphrasing...."Being number one over all your floor should be high too."

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
The difference being that Goff has the lead as a pure passer at this time, but Wentz is head and shoulders ahead when it comes to leadership.

I say this because he earned his team's respect playing to one national championship and then putting team first and going all in to coach up the back up so that they could get to the National Championship game. He faced multiple 2 minute comeback victories on the way to those victories. He had to deliver in the clutch. He put that team on his shoulders and kept that winning tradition alive. Winning is never guaranteed.

If it were, Sam Bradford would still be a Ram and we'd have won a LOT more games.

I know Goff is a really, really good passer who helped improve the Cal program. I just think as I keep watching them that THIS Rams offense needs a leader, a QB who will take charge of this offense and OWN it and hold veterans accountable even as a rookie.

When I think of who that would be? I only see Wentz.

Ready for the A-bomb?

We've seen this play out before: Warner v Bulger. Warner's leadership was huge and undervalued by Martz. Bulger did throw a prettier ball and by plenty of metrics was a better "thrower", but wasn't a better QB. Bulger and Bradford were remarkably similar in demeanor and skill (Bulger had MAD ball skills which I will absolutely defend), but their lack of vocal leadership did hurt their teams, I don't care what people said at the time.

I've been thinking about this...a LOT. I got the time... When this team had leadership at the QB position, it won. Heck, Vince Ferragamo almost was able to do it, and his skills weren't elite.

We've got leaders on defense. It's TIME we had a true leader on offense. Gurley will be the focus, but Wentz will be the leader.

At least that's what I've been thinking.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Golf
Tournament leader finishes his last hole. He's The leader in Club house if he can still be caught by someone still on the course.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I can't believe he isn't telling us what the Rams plan to do.

Every other GM is emailing fans detailing their intentions and plans, right?

tavian

I can't believe he isn't telling us what the Rams plan to do.

Every other GM is emailing fans detailing their intentions and plans, right?
He did it on Eisen show prior to RG3 trade