• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I don't think the Lakers have the leadership to get back and stay on top nowadays. I loved the Ingram pick last year, and I loved seeing them dish that piece of crap Russell to the Nets. I think Ball is going to play well at this level too. Even like their head coach. But their ownership on down isn't good enough or aligned the way it needs to be for success.

It's a shame too. This organization has a long way to go to climb out of this hole IMO and it ain't gonna happen without serious changes at the top.
Meh - Give Magic a chance. I'm sure he has lots of people to lean on and he's already making some good moves. Besides - the guy is pretty brilliant at most things other than coaching.

threesox84

3rd Generation Ramwagoner
Name
Greg
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
But their ownership on down isn't good enough or aligned the way it needs to be for success.

I think that was true until Jeanie cleaned house. Jeanie-Magic-Pelinka seem pretty aligned to me, at least so far.

Badfinger

RamStalk Refugee
Name
-
By 2018 our lineup will be...Ball at the point, George at 2, Ingram at sf, LeBron at the 4, and Cousins at center...then we pass the green weenies for total chips...happy days are here again :yay::pillowfight::yess:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
By 2018 our lineup will be...Ball at the point, George at 2, Ingram at sf, LeBron at the 4, and Cousins at center...then we pass the green weenies for total chips...happy days are here again :yay::pillowfight::yess:

Eh, I like Clarkson as the shooting guard. Hasn't he proved enough?

Badfinger

RamStalk Refugee
Name
-
Clarkson could be a 6th man on a playoff team, but he makes too much money ($12 million) to afford that Big 3. Hart will take his spot, and they may keep KCP, who is better than Clark anyway.

threesox84

Name
Greg
Clarkson could be a 6th man on a playoff team, but he makes too much money ($12 million) to afford that Big 3. Hart will take his spot, and they may keep KCP, who is better than Clark anyway.

His $12M isn't that bad if he can become Lou Williams 2.0. I think adding KCP makes Clarkson more viable, not less. Clarkson doesn't have to worry about guarding all the "predator" twos in the league and can just focus on being a scoring point guard off the bench. He'll never be a lockdown defender but he could certainly become adequate, especially if he's only charged with guarding second-stringers.

threesox84

Name
Greg

Here's hoping. As it is the Greenie Peenie Weenies are a helluva lot closer to a 'chip than we are. That said the NBA tends to change quickly. This could be a pretty exciting time here in the next 12-18 months.

PS: Buck Foston :boxing:

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Here's hoping. As it is the Greenie Peenie Weenies are a helluva lot closer to a 'chip than we are. That said the NBA tends to change quickly. This could be a pretty exciting time here in the next 12-18 months.

PS: Buck Foston :boxing:

Hey now! Buck us lol. You know you want another Boston/LA finals!

Hoping we can take the Brooklyn pick and that other pick I forgot who's pick....hmm is it the Laker pick, yes the Lakers pick and turn it into K Irving now that he wants out of Cleveland.

All kidding aside by 2020 we could be looking at some Laker/Celtics finals again. Those are always fun!

threesox84

Name
Greg

I was hoping that'd catch your eye! :)

And yes I'd love another Boston/LA finals.

Hoping we can take the Brooklyn pick and that other pick I forgot who's pick....hmm is it the Laker pick, yes the Lakers pick and turn it into K Irving now that he wants out of Cleveland.

All kidding aside by 2020 we could be looking at some Laker/Celtics finals again. Those are always fun!

I think the Cavs will find a way to move LeBron first, since Kyrie is their only long-term hope.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I was hoping that'd catch your eye! :)

And yes I'd love another Boston/LA finals.

I think the Cavs will find a way to move LeBron first, since Kyrie is their only long-term hope.

It did lol. They really should, but that's probably why he wants out. Probably like Lebron is leaving next year, don't want to be stranded here. Smart play by Irving by the way. It will never happen but would to see him in Boston.

Badfinger

RamStalk Refugee
Name
-

Lakers are gonna make that pick worthless by making the playoffs next year. That's right, I said PLAYOFFS...

Lonzo Ball is the Way, the Truth, and the Light :wow:

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Lakers are gonna make that pick worthless by making the playoffs next year. That's right, I said PLAYOFFS...

Lonzo Ball is the Way, the Truth, and the Light :wow:

I actually think your right lol. If the Laker pick does not land there we get Sacramento's first in 19. Ball looks legit and looks like he is going to make you guys better for sure.

threesox84

Name
Greg
I actually think your right lol. If the Laker pick does not land there we get Sacramento's first in 19. Ball looks legit and looks like he is going to make you guys better for sure.

He'll make it more fun, that's for sure. Losing sucks, but losing boring is the even worse. Hey that sounds kinda like our Rams!

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
"Laker Thread"??!!! Talk about segregation lol. Lakers won like 15 games last year, hardly qualifies them to have their own thread.

Only good thing about the Lakers is that Celtics own their pick next year if it falls in the 2-5 range. So when the Lakers and Nets tank the Celtics could have picks 1 and 2 next year after losing to Golden State in the NBA Finals....:)

Lol, I honestly expected them to lose that pick by now. I think they'll be just good enough to give you guys that pick.

They tanked enough the past few years to acquire some talent in the draft. Its probably about time they give up that pick.

Ball looks like the real deal. While I don't think Randle and Ingram will be superstars or anything like that, they will be dependable, solid players. If Ball eventually becomes that superstar, I can see them competing on a regular basis. Still a couple years away, but I think the talent is there.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Probably means LeBron will go to the Lakers next year. No reason for him to stick around for a rebuild in Cleveland.

Not sure I want LeBron on the Lakers, dude has a lot of mileage and I can't stand his complaining and flopping.