Lack of sacks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I'm not worried about the lack of sacks so far this season, we've very successfully altered both offensive coordinators' gameplans against us by practically removing all mid- and long-range passes. Teams will likely continue to do this, focus on running the ball and very very quick short passes. A good pass-rush can do two things - one, build up sacks and create negative yardage; and two, remove tools from offenses' belts. We're doing the second. I'm not displeased.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
a couple of questionable penalties have cost the rams sacks. i still see pressure, and that also changes a quarterbacks throws and reads. a few non calls on quinn as well. one poster thinks it may do dr quinn some good to embellish (since this isnt hockey) these holds and start getting the calls.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Well, you could see that in the Tampa game. If they even hinted at a 5 or 7 step drop, McCown had someone in his chest. Hard.

And you can see teams desperately trying to take away our DL with bubble screens, traps and all sorts of stuff.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
The lack of sacks isn't concerning. I have no problem with it because we're still getting pressure. It's just sort of interesting to see how we haven't been able to convert those pressures into sacks this season thus far.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
The lack of sacks isn't concerning. I have no problem with it because we're still getting pressure. It's just sort of interesting to see how we haven't been able to convert those pressures into sacks this season thus far.

and some interceptions

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
D-line is definitely doing its' job getting to the QB. Teams are planning for it, the # of sacks will be down, but that doesn't mean they are any less effective. Teams plans will reduce sacks but result in shorter gains and inability to use some "weapons", Rams will benetit from it.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Opposing offenses so far are not attacking a big chunk of the field through the air. The mere threat of our pass rush has thus taken away a big chunk of opposing teams playbooks. If we can start stopping the run, they'll be screwed even worse.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
But, we got an interception in the Red Zone yesterday. Was a big change for us, too. Unlike the leg whip fumble, our D earned it...

AZRamsFan93

If we could just accompany QB pressure with stopping the run we will be in good shape. 30th in the league doesn't cut it.