Lacanfora tweet

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
@JasonLaCanfora: Sam Bradford has permission to seek a trade. Finding compensation to Rams' liking will be difficult. But his agent can speak to other teams

--------

This seems out of left field to me

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@JasonLaCanfora: In the end, Rams working out a restructured contract w/Bradford still may be most likely outcome. Thought it's been slow process thus far

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
Calling bullshit right now. Another massive smokescreen, akin to the 'we want Manziel' rubbish last year.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So I suppose it is safe to assume the two parties are far apart on a deal. Beautiful.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Probably part of the negotiation process - it's a way of letting SAMs camp feel out his market.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
@AroundTheNFL: Les Snead makes light of report of Sam Bradford being given permission to seek trade. "Deleting him is not the answer."

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
What's the problem? I think both sides would be interested in his market value at this point and this sort of posturing, it seems me, only serves to increase the potential options at hand and to clarify the situation.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
Jason LaCanfora, for an insider, doesn't seem to have much more knowledge of what's going on as us outsiders.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No issue with seeing what the trade value is. Never know if someone will give an offer that cant be refused unless said offers are entertained. Also will shed some light on leverage

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
Not a huge JL fan - but he was just reporting in this case.

The Rams HAVE in fact given SAMs ppl permission to seek a trade.
He was, but it seemed to me like in the first tweet he was trying to make it seem that he would be traded, whereas after Les Snead pretty much shot that down in his interview, he comes out with the second tweet. Was more just the differing tones of 'spin' on the tweets that I found amusing.

RamBill

Legend
Rams QB Sam Bradford has permission to seek trade

by Igor Mello | CBSSports.com

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fa...-qb-sam-bradford-has-permission-to-seek-trade

Wed, 18 Feb 2015 2:18 PM ET

Rams quarterback Sam Bradford has permission to request a trade, and his agent will speak with other teams this offseason, reports CBSSports.com NFL Insider Jason La Canfora. Because the Rams may have a high asking price for Bradford, the team may prefer to restructure his deal, which could be the most likely outcome, according to La Canfora.

In response to La Canfora's report, general manager Les Snead said "deleting him (from the roster) is not the answer," per the Elyria Chronicle-Telegram.

Bradford, the No. 1 overall draft pick by the Rams in 2010, is coming off his second torn ACL in as many years, and is scheduled to make $12.98 million in base salary in 2015, the last year of his contract. Releasing Bradford would save the team $12.98 million of Bradford's $16.6 million cap charge. Bradford has a career 58.6 completion percentage with 11,065 yards and 59 touchdowns.

Greg Stone

Rookie
Seems to make sense to me. Bradford's agent says the QB is worth X, the team replies, "If you really believe that feel free to prove it by getting that contract with another team."

jap

Legend
Agreed! This is not a biggie. It amounts to allowing the rest of the NFL to establish Sam's market value.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Seems to make sense to me. Bradford's agent says the QB is worth X, the team replies, "If you really believe that feel free to prove it by getting that contract with another team."
Yeah letting the market decide his value is IMO the best way to preclude hard feelings on both sides