Kurt Warner found an old gameplan from his Ram days

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
The Rams could use some QB coaching/mentoring. I wonder if they've heard of this Warner guy?

That being said, there were some other guys that played with this Warner dude that might be helpful with their knowledge of their respective positions. Do you think the Rams could track down any of these guys? I mean they did manage to find some guys like Cignetti and Boras that nobody was even looking for, right?

Last edited:

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I actually had a copy of Martz's "base" offense play book from that year. I can't remember exactly where i got it, but it came from one of the Asst' coaches ... (maybe Mike white) and it was given to a coaching clinic that i was attending. They let me DL a copy of it and I had it for several yrs until finally one of my computers crashed hard and i lost the HD. But it was still about 4" thick on paper.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Are the names of each play abbreviated?

Why I'm even asking is because it sure seemed like Boras' plays were 3 damn paragraphs long for the quarterbacks to spit out?

Martz was one creative mad scientist.

3234437-mad-scientist.jpg
kurtmikex-inset-community.jpg

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
It's hard yes, but in reality, it's not that hard, most of us could learn these plays. Once you know each segment, x scat, z post etc. they are just being put in different sequences and a few other things being thrown in there like trips rt or lt, bunch, motions etc.. Complex yes, too complex, no way.

The hard part would be reading the defense correctly and altering your receiver sequence to make it work based on the defense you read at the start of the play, which changes after the play starts thus altering the plan that you already altered................now you're screwed if you don't have an Oline that can block long enough for you to alter the altered plan that was previously altered.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I actually had a copy of Martz's "base" offense play book from that year. I can't remember exactly where i got it, but it came from one of the Asst' coaches ... (maybe Mike white) and it was given to a coaching clinic that i was attending. They let me DL a copy of it and I had it for several yrs until finally one of my computers crashed hard and i lost the HD. But it was still about 4" thick on paper.

There is a playbook online. I've seen it.

It's been out thee for years and I bet someone has it.