Kroenke

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I respect your opinions on this and would like to hear some feedback from you guys so here it goes . I don't pretend to know the man or how he handles business. I've worked hard my whole life and have the privilege of owning my own business and I take pride in it . If my business looked as bad as what we've witnessed the last 5 years under Fisher I would be bankrupt. How can a man like Kroenke keep watching the same thing year after year and not step in and say that's enough. Every sports talk show you watch says Fisher should've been gone and he is nothing better than a 8-8 coach . I would be like Jerry Jones and tell Fisher this . You better put Goff in since I trusted you to trade the farm away to get him . Clearly Fisher has no clue for QB talent if Keenum gives us the best chance to win . Take some pride in what you own and what you expect us fans to show up week after week and suffer through. Enough is enough

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Hard to tell. He seems like a very shrewd businessman. Why would he invest $2+ Billion and not want to see a significant return on investment? My guess is he knows very little about football, and doesn't want to know because it's not his main source of income. I think most owners are like him in that they let their President and General Manager run the franchise and provide the working capital to pay for it. Then, there are those like Kraft and Jones who have much more involvement in their team's football operations. I truly believe Kroenke doesn't care as long as it's not hurting his other businesses. Otherwise he would have made some changes sooner rather than later.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Because today there 71 thousand people there today ...all paying anywhere between 50-150 Quid ? a ticket .... plus the merchandise shop had a queue a mile long .... it's about the money to stan and as long as it rolls in he is happy .... until we move into Stan land ... once we are in that 2 billion building that's when changes are being made imo

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
All I have to say is when you have a coach like fisher saying extremely ignorant things in press conferences like "we didn't lose because of QB play" and "I'm more likely to make a change at WR" and "go look at the film and tell me who's fault it was" yet a minute after that say "I'm not sure I'll have to look at the film", it makes the whole organization look bad from the owner down to the coaches.

BadCompany

Rookie
Because fans are suckers. As long as the money rolls in, and the money is rolling in, why would he care? Oh sure, on some level I'm sure he wants to win - who doesn't? - but really, the record isn't costing him money. He's got fans and cities lining up to fork over their hard earned cash so as far as his business goes all is well.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I think different owners have different motives or levels of interest in their respective teams, some it is purely money, some it is ego and some it is a competitive thing. But bottom line they are all in it to make money and some put football people in charge of the on field product while another is owner/GM. There may be a few that think they can buy a championship and others believe they can build a winner. Stan is making money faster than he could burn it, hopefully he will realize that a winning product on the field will insure that the money rolls in. How he gets there IDK but I hope it happens soon.

Debacled

Starter
NFL teams do not lose money, period. Regardless of what they'll say about running costs and salaries and crap in the CBA negotiations.

The increase in value of the team alone is pure profit, let alone running incomes.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Winning and profit aren't as related as you may think. The Rams went from the least valuable team in the league to the 2nd most valuable in the Fisher era - and it didn't have anything to do with winning.

Stan owns lots of sports franchises, and I believe that they are all pretty profitable and I don't believe any of them are what you would call consistent winners.

I think he wants to win - but I'm not sure it's the #1 priority - and honestly, there aren't many owners out there where it is.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Because today there 71 thousand people there today ...all paying anywhere between 50-150 Quid ? a ticket .... plus the merchandise shop had a queue a mile long .... it's about the money to stan and as long as it rolls in he is happy .... until we move into Stan land ... once we are in that 2 billion building that's when changes are being made imo
Sorry but the man does not need the money so why put up with a laughing stalk of a team . I cant see him rubbing elbows with his billionaire buddies and bragging about owning the Rams . It's time for him to step in and squash it because Fisher doesn't have a clue how to motivate this team unless they play the Hags or Cards . It's over

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Because fans are suckers. As long as the money rolls in, and the money is rolling in, why would he care? Oh sure, on some level I'm sure he wants to win - who doesn't? - but really, the record isn't costing him money. He's got fans and cities lining up to fork over their hard earned cash so as far as his business goes all is well.
I am one of the biggest suckers there is because I laid out over 2K last week on a trip to Detroit to see them play not to lose . Fisher's style of football doesn't exist anymore . 7 winning seasons out of 22 is disgusting

nanotech

Rookie

How many of these?
o-BOMB-IN-SQUID-facebook.jpg

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
Winning and profit aren't as related as you may think. The Rams went from the least valuable team in the league to the 2nd most valuable in the Fisher era - and it didn't have anything to do with winning.

Stan owns lots of sports franchises, and I believe that they are all pretty profitable and I don't believe any of them are what you would call consistent winners.

I think he wants to win - but I'm not sure it's the #1 priority - and honestly, there aren't many owners out there where it is.
This.

It's a money investment for Stan and that's it. If some wins then so be it but it's all about if your portfolio is filling out better. Starting to think his ass could give two shits with Fisher's average ass in charge. Any UK fans can concur this with the Arsenal in London?

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Stan already has all the money somebody could need. His great, great, great grandchildren will never have to work a day in their lives. The guy is in his 70's. Zero reason for him to be greedy. I don't buy it.

MountainRam

Rookie
Stan already has all the money somebody could need. His great, great, great grandchildren will never have to work a day in their lives. The guy is in his 70's. Zero reason for him to be greedy. I don't buy it.

The only thing powerful than money is the allure of new money

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay

Whoever heard of a bazillionaire being greedy? Most all of them tend to just hang back once they are completely loaded and prioritize the important things in life.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave

Its not so much greed as, rich people get and stay rich by being the opposite of me with money. If I have money I spend it, if a rich man has money he invests it and lets it make him money, where as I am constantly working for more money to spend.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Lol. He makes money if the Rams win or lose. He gets plenty of return.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Stan wanted Fish to handle the move. Now that the team is in LA, Stan is not going to accept more of the same.

He has put himself on the map as an elite owner: deep pockets, patient, does not meddle. When he lets Fish go top coaches will view the Rams as the best job and he will get whoever he wants.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
This thread will likely not end well and keep in mind I want Fisher gone now and we can replace him with Spongebob Squarepants for all I care. Kroenke is unfortunately for us the kind of business man that when he gives somebody a contract to do something he gives them the entirety of that contract to accomplish what he was hired to do.

Yes we can all argue that it's obvious this team isn't going to accomplish(we believe) what Fisher was hired to do. I honestly from memory can only think of one coach that's been fired before his contract was over and that was for the Nuggets. Hell his Manager he inherited for Arsenal just celebrated his 20th year as Manager. I don't think Stan is the kind of guy to pull the plug, even half way through the last year on a coach.

We also could always be like the Browns. Hue Jackson who I think is a great coach is their 6th since 2009. Mangini got 2 years and was fired. Shurmur 2 years and fired. Chudzinksi only got one year. Then prior to Hue Pettine got 2 years. I cannot stand Fisher and I never wanted him or Williams here but I think I'd rather have Fisher and his ways than switching coaches every year or two.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Kroenke is paying this entire coaching staff handsomely.
One of the highest payed in the league by my understanding. It's one of the caveats that brought Fisher here to begin with.
I have a hard time believing that an owner is going to make his coaching staff one of rhe highest in the league and NOT expect results.

3 losses in and row with 3 winnable games? I highly doubt that sits well with an owner that is paying Billions for the prestige of LA.