Kroenke Spends Estimated $725M on 520K-acre Texas Ranch

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
LA Rams owner spends estimated $725M on 520K-acre Texas ranch
By Ross Jones

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...e-waggoner-ranch-spends-estimated-725m-020916

Business is boomin' for Los Angeles Rams owner Stan Kroenke.

Kroenke, who is now the owner of the largest ranch in the U.S. within a single fence, purchased the historic W.T. Waggoner Estate Ranch in Texas on Tuesday. While the terms for the deal weren't disclosed, it had been listed with an asking price of $725 million

"This is an incredible opportunity and an even greater responsibility," Kroenke said in a statement released by the Waggoner family and its representatives. "We are honored to assume ownership of the Waggoner -- a true Texas and American landmark."

The Waggoner, located about 175 miles northwest of Dallas, covers over six counties and is bigger than Los Angeles and New York City combined.

Included with the ranch are more than 1,000 oil wells, nearly 7,000 cattle, 500 horses and 30,000 acres of cropland.

In 2015, a district judge ordered that the property be sold after more than 20 years of family.

Kroenke recently moved the Rams from St. Louis to a privately financed $1.8 billion stadium in Inglewood, Calif.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
The heirs were fighting over it.
I see. I should probably read further into this before i comment but....
So splitting the land up to go to those who should rightfully own it wasn't an option. No other options either i guess. Order to sell it to a billionaire instead.

!%

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So splitting the land up to go to those who should rightfully own it wasn't an option. No other options either i guess. Order to sell it to a billionaire instead.

!%

If he paid them $725 million, and they are heirs....

You're talking about a billionaire buying from billionaires. Who cares? It's not like he forced two woebegone citizens out onto the street.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

!%

Partition by sale is the most likely outcome in cases like this because it's often difficult to divide property, can significantly lower the value of the collective property, and is difficult to make equitable. In this case, I bet it would have significantly devalued the property if they tried to divide it among the heirs.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
If he paid them $725 million, and they are heirs....

You're talking about a billionaire buying from billionaires. Who cares? It's not like he forced two woebegone citizens out onto the street.
I will get more informed before commenting further.

VilleDeal

UDFA
I will be writing in my application to take care of that ranch since i live in Texas.... immediately. I will do it for much less than a first round draft pick.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

It's 2 billion square metres.

Or 2000 square kms.

Or say 40km by 50km.

Do you guys know what m and km mean?

Ram65

Legend
Here is a quote from a detailed article about the ranch. It's a very good article worth reading but this quote made wonder more than I was before reading it.

http://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2015-famous-texas-waggoner-ranch-for-sale/

"Uechtritz acknowledges a new owner might sell the property off in pieces, fire its 120 employees, and let the Waggoner brand fade away. “That would be a tragedy,” he says. “The challenge is not finding the money; it’s finding the steward. Who is going to put the money up, keep putting the money in, keep the brand alive? I think you owe it to the families who build ranches like the Waggoner."

Stan sure can buy what he wants. I will be interesting to see what happens to the Waggoner.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
s-0dbd196cfea693eff015c048d154234102d86143.gif

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Do you guys know what m and km mean?
Sure we do.

It's just that most of us still haven't trained our brains to do the automatic km-to-mile conversion. That hard drive space has been re-allocated to memorizing movie quotes and bar/pub trivia.