Kiper's Rams Draft Worst Case Scenario

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Mel Kiper and Todd McShay go over some draft worst case scenarios for some teams. For the Rams, Kiper says if Scherff, Cooper, White, and Parker were all gone that would be the worst case scenario. Kiper would take Peat or Perriman in that situation.

Watch Kiper's Worst Case Scenario for the Rams

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
I'm pretty sure in that scenario we would have some trade down partners for one of the pass rushers.

radjohns

UDFA
I'd need to know what edge rushers are available in that scenario. Also, is Waynes still on the board? If he is, I'd be fine with the Rams taking him. Perriman at ten? That would bother me.

Kiper must see a big drop between Schreff and Collins. I want neither of those guys at ten, but would be ok with one of them in a trade down scenario.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The only edge rusher I'd take for the Rams at 10 is Fowler who will be gone. If that scenario were to happen then I think Fish and Snead would take CB Waynes; at least he would have a shot at starting for the Rams given the inconsistency of the Rams' corners.

If they take Waynes or any other defensive player not named Fowler over WR and/or Scherff I'm gonna be upset. The scenario brought up by Kiper and McShay is about the only way I'd be ok with them going defense at the top. I mean, even then you can argue that better impact might be found with one of those two outstanding RBs (of which I prefer Gordon btw), but since I do like our RB depth very much I could understand the CB being taken over them due to projected impact.

Athos

Legend
I don't really understand the fascination of Waynes.

I don't think he's as good as people say and if we wanted a solid CB, we could easily get one in the 2nd without MASSIVELY blowing our wad in the 1st.

Hargreaves next year in the elite top 10 CB.

In any event, like I've said if Snishes goes D....I'm losing faith. Adding talent to the D is just going to make us one-dimensional.

The Offense is still an eye-sore.

Last edited:

V3

Hall of Fame
I don't think the Rams will have a trade partner to move down so they'll be stuck and take a player that many might feel was a slight reach. The more I think about it, the more I think it's going to be someone that we aren't talking about as much like a Peat, Gurley, Ray, etc.

We'll see.

lockdnram21

Legend
I don't really understand the fascination of Waynes.

I don't think he's as good as people say and if we wanted a solid CB, we could easily get one in the 2nd without MASSIVELY blowing our wad in the 1st.

Hargreaves next year in the elite top 10 CB.

In any event, like I've said if Snishes goes D....I'm losing faith. Adding talent to the D is just going to make us one-dimensional.

The Offense is still an eye-sore.
As long as they fix the line we should be cool. That's the only weakness I see besides Qb.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Gurley, then go back to back OL... But I think Benardrick McKinney is the player Fisher "must have" can't let the next wagner pass them by. Might even trade up for him.. Old School LB w/ toughness this D needs attitude wise!

So Gurley, McKinney, OG w/ 1st 3 picks.... I would be good w/ that.. Offence still needs an Identity and Gurley is that and more.. Same w/ B. McKinney to fire up our D, then road grader in rd 3

I just believe we need an identity on O and ground and pound Fisher would love to add Gurley

lockdnram21

Legend
I don't get the Gurley pick. I guess I have more confidence in Mason then others. I think he's our Feature back. Fix the line and Mason will be amazeing

DrLurkalot

UDFA
Name
Don
Don't get me wrong - I love Mason too. I'm just trying to predict what the Rams might do. Fisher loves the run game and loves big backs. If a couple of the guys they target are gone and there are no worthy trade options - Gurley might just be too tempting to resist.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
If Peat's the worst case scenario, then I'm perfectly cool with that.