Keys to beating the Chargers?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I think this game needs Cook and Austin to get the ball underneath...plus a lot of draw plays.

Defensively...bring the heat on Rivers ALL.DAY.

What are your thoughts?

Big Willie

Starter
Pressure Rivers and control the line of scrimmage so the running game has success for 4 quarters.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
There offensive line has been terrible the D just needs to play like it did last week and they will take over the game. O just needs to run the ball and limit turnovers and its an easy win.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Hard running, ball control offense, mixing in PA passes. I would expect Britt to be a factor on deep and intermediate routes and some seam passes to the both Kendricks and Cook our to 2 TE sets. I also expect some "gadget" runs to Tavon.

On D, gap integrity inside and contain on the outside to stuff Matthews and plenty of heat for Rivers when the opportunities arise.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
No turnovers that lead to points for the dolts.

Make Rivers as uncomfortable as possible.

Get to see Tavon's latest TD dance.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Run the ball down their throat, win the turnover battle & limit the penalties. Basically follow the same formula from last week.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
There offensive line has been terrible the D just needs to play like it did last week and they will take over the game. O just needs to run the ball and limit turnovers and its an easy win.

This.

Mason is a matchup nightmare vs the Chargers defense. They have been a little soft vs the run but do a good job limiting big runs. Get Mason a good number of carries and that should change, and it will make life easy on Hill.

Also I would add that Schotty needs to mix it up, as always. Some throws on first down early in the game should work well, because the Chargers are going to be very focused on Mason. I guarantee they're concerned by him.

Athos

Legend
Beat the shit out of Rivers a few times and the game is ours.

I think 3 hard sacks either knocks Rivers out of the game or rattles him so badly, he plays as badly as he has the last several weeks. SD is beat the fuck up. Maintain discipline and pressure Rivers and the game is ours.

A few mean hits on Matthews could knock him out as well. Dude is fragile. If Donald torches a run play and creams Matthews.....SD fans may be crying by half time.

Other than that, more running to set up passing.

Feed the Britt.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler

Those are key factors but it won't make a win in San Diego "easy". Rivers is a veteran QB that knows what he is doing. We need JL to coordinate another defensive showcase.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Control the middle of the field, knock Rivers down a few times early, protect Hill, and run the ball.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
PLAY FOUR QUARTERS!!!!!!! That's all this team needs to do to win most of the time.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Hard running, ball control offense, mixing in PA passes. I would expect Britt to be a factor on deep and intermediate routes and some seam passes to the both Kendricks and Cook our to 2 TE sets. I also expect some "gadget" runs to Tavon.

On D, gap integrity inside and contain on the outside to stuff Matthews and plenty of heat for Rivers when the opportunities arise.

This really sums it up, all the rib remarks and smash Rivers are fun but these are the things the Rams are going to have to do, this will be the difference between winning and losing because I think this is going to be a close game.

Mason is going to have to be the lead dog Sunday.

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
Rams will win if they can apply consistent pressure to Rivers & keep Antonio Gates in check. Gates may not quite be what he used to be, but he can beat a linebacker or safety one-on-one and is a magician at getting open when Rivers is under duress.

fearsomefour

Legend
No turnovers that lead to points for the dolts.

Make Rivers as uncomfortable as possible.

Get to see Tavon's latest TD dance.
Have to pressure Rivers, but, he is not like Manning....he can make some plays vs. a good pass rush. How much he is limited by injury will be key. Both Charger TEs are good. The Chargers also like to run an sort of no huddle O. I would expect to see a lot of the 2 LB, 3 S D this week as well. Having Barron play in place of Dunbar is real advantage when it comes to coverage and vs. those Charger TEs may be a key.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Rams will win if they can apply consistent pressure to Rivers & keep Antonio Gates in check. Gates may not quite be what he used to be, but he can beat a linebacker or safety one-on-one and is a magician at getting open when Rivers is under duress.
I know that Gates is a huge talent (see what I did there?) but I like Ogletree in a one on one matchup with him at this point in their respective careers.