Kam Chancellor Ends Holdout

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I realize I stand alone on this and I'm a big conspiracy theory guy anyway, but I think Kam signed his deal at a respectable but team friendly rate because he wanted to keep the tem together. Then Marshawn holds out, and Sherman Chancelor and the midget all get fat deals predicated at being the highest paid at their position.
Kam looks around and says "WTF" happened to this team concept and team friendly deals? I screwed myself.
Just my theory but I imagine it happened something like that (at least in my mind) :bueller:
Nah. He's a dick.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Then he needs a better agent, I guess. If he's an $8M player now, then he was most certainly an $8M player two years ago when he signed it. If he 'settled' for a $4M valuation of himself, then that's his own fault. And if he knew for sure he was going to increase his own worth over a two year span, then he should have made sure someone put some incentive clauses in the contract with escalators for performance or rankings.

And again, if this was something he was doing in the final year of his deal, then it would be a non-issue. But he's only 2 years into a 4 year deal that he himself negotiated while in the final year of his FIRST contract. Seriously, how many players get 3 contracts in 5 years? I think he's just pissed that everyone else around him (Wagner, Wilson, Sherman) are all getting fatter deals and he's jealous of their wallets.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
Here's the real talk, he came back because he saw the Seahawks organization wasn't going to cave and that the longer he held out and the team struggled, the bigger of a dick he appeared to be. Not to mention the main thing of not getting paid as he was holding out. It really annoys me when people talk all of this crap around the real reasons things happen. Just like how Kraft was when talking about deflate gate. I for one don't like lame excuses and having my intelligence insulted by people thinking I'll buy that crap. Get out of here with that garbage.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I see flv's point. Kam looked to sign a contract that left room for everyone to get paid and for plenty of Super Bowls. Then everyone ELSE goes and tries to be the highest paid at the position.

You can see the issue the team is having. They lost Unger whom they couldn't afford to lose as well as Golden Taint. And they will likely lose Bruce Irvin next year and maybe more.

The issue isn't so much "giving in" to Kam or not, but maybe overpaying for one unit and leaving the team overall at a disadvantage.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

chancellor actually signed a 4 year, $28m contract extension. so he is averaging $7m per year.

it always infuriates me when players say they're worth more than their salary, and "journalists" just state their salary for that season and beyond. the seagulls are paying him $7m per year in total.

not sure what he's whining about.

edit - he signed this in the last year of his rookie deal so it is really for 5 years at an average of $5.6m. he received $7m extra over his rookie money in 2013($5m signing bonus, $2m salary).

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Because, like I said, who gets 3 contracts in 5 years? He had his original deal that he renegotiated into another deal in the final year, then he wants another one two years later. So since 2010, he gets (1) his original deal, (2) a new renegotiated deal, and then (3) another new negotiated deal? What if he's not happy with the new, new deal a year after that? Should he get a 4th in 6 years?

This isn't about Chancellor in as much as it's about the situation. What good are contracts if players can just tear them up whenever they feel like it based on what they feel they're worth from year to year? I don't begrudge the person for trying to get rich. We'd all probably do the same. But at some point, there has to be some accountability and the seahawks held him accountable for his actions.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Great player...but a wuss to cave in....His leverage just got stronger after the last loss....I was expecting the, " I can't feed my family on $280,000 every two weeks..." rant.

Thing is the SEA front office made it clear they weren't going to redo his deal. As soon as they went public with the "this would set a bad precedent" he should have given up and went to camp. No way they say that then go back on it, no way!

He played chicken and lost when he could have just done what he just did weeks ago and SEA may be 2-0 or 1-1.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
You're so sure, you said it thrice!;) Fixed by Mod

he should have given up and went to camp. No way they say that then go back on it, no way!

He played chicken and lost when he could have just done what he just did weeks ago and SEA may be 2-0 or 1-1.
If he waits, they lose to the Bears, with Jimmy Clausen...they'd have signed him on Monday....One more week...maybe 2....
He blows out his knee this weekend:oops::cry:, he'll regret this decision.

Last edited by a moderator:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I'll clean up the triple post right now LOL.

Oooops I tried but couldn't. I'll let PT take care of that.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm just enjoying watching the Seahawks falling apart. Last year it was the 49ers. Aaaaahhhhhhh.

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
Kam being gone hurt, but the Seachickens OL and them thinking Graham could block are bigger problems.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I see flv's point. Kam looked to sign a contract that left room for everyone to get paid and for plenty of Super Bowls. Then everyone ELSE goes and tries to be the highest paid at the position.

You can see the issue the team is having. They lost Unger whom they couldn't afford to lose as well as Golden Taint. And they will likely lose Bruce Irvin next year and maybe more.

The issue isn't so much "giving in" to Kam or not, but maybe overpaying for one unit and leaving the team overall at a disadvantage.

That makes me happy. I'm pleased by that outcome.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/26/seahawks-activate-kam-chancellor-bounce-dion-bailey/

Seahawks activate Kam Chancellor, bounce Dion Bailey
Posted by Mike Florio on September 26, 2015

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwyxzjyzntrkzjnkowviowfkndiwn2jintnlmgnhyjvh1-e1443298971378.jpeg
AP

The man who fell down in a few moment of a Week One loss to the Rams has fallen off the Seattle roster.

The Seahawks officially have activated safety Kam Chancellor for Sunday’s home opener against the Bears. To create a space for Chancellor on the roster, the Seahawks have waived Dion Bailey.

Bailey made a glaring error 13 days ago, falling down while covering Rams tight end Lance Kendricks, who scored an overtime-forcing touchdown.

Chancellor’s activation is no surprise; his holdout ended on Wednesday. The question is whether he’ll get extensive playing time at a time when he may be in great physical shape, but clearly isn’t in football shape.