Julio will be a decoy at best

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

lockdnram21

Legend
http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/350383/Report--Julio-Jones-will-be-'a-decoy-at-best'

D. Orlando Ledbetter of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports Julio Jones will be "a decoy at best" Week 14 against the Rams.

Ledbetter is doubling down on his Friday report that Jones will not play. Coach Dan Quinn said Friday he "anticipates" Jones will be active, but Ledbetter says he is "calling coach's bluff." Playing in an afternoon kick and potentially limited to decoy status, Jones looks way too risky to trust in the first week of the fantasy playoffs. Owners should find other options.
Source: D. Orlando Ledbetter on Twitter

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If they play him they're stupid. They won't need him to beat the Rams. This is a winnable game if they are patient, work their way down the field, and wait for us to make mistakes.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
Ugh. First week of fantasy playoffs for me....I have Julio in my lineup at the moment. I don't need this kinda stuff. $500 at stake. :help:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
If Julio doesn't play it will keep the game closer for a bit longer, But I don't think it will change the out-come. I don't see the Rams winning, sorry to say, But I'm hoping for them to player there Best game!

jap

Legend
Time for the Man with the Golden Arm and the Express! to find that chemical formula that leads to winning football. Can we finish the season 4-0 and get the Land of LaLa rocking for a 2017 Horns Renaissance?

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Turf toe is no joke

No doubt this injury is no joke and one of the most nagging type to recover from for a football player.

DYeNt.gif

%7BFD0D0CB1-681B-49FD-B3B4-0DF6E93D7A78%7D.jpg

09.22.turftoe1.jpg

When Can You Return to Sports After Turf Toe
It can take a long time for turf toe to heal completely, and athletes should expect to take a break from field sports for at least three weeks while the joint capsule heals. Athletes who return too soon or play through pain are often sidelined even longer in the future.

How Turf Toe Is Treated?
The immediate treatment of turf toe is to control the swelling and inflammation of the affected toe joint. Using RICE treatment (rest, ice, compression and elevation) along with anti-inflammatory medications is usually helpful. The athlete must also rest the sore toe to allow the joint to heal.

Grade I injuries do well with strapping and usually only require a few days of rest. Grade II injuries should adhere to the “RICE” principles above and usually require one to two weeks of missed practices and games. Grade III injuries are more severe injuries and the healing process may take four to six weeks of recovery time from physical activities.

Sometimes
, Grade III turf toe injuries do not heal appropriately with conservative care and result in chronic pain and instability. Surgical reconstruction of the joint capsule, ligaments and articular cartilage may be necessary to restore proper alignment and function in these extreme cases.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Smart move by the Falcons' media. Now, Julio will go off for 200 yards. Reverse-jinx.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Nice photos...Turf toe is usually caused by ill-fitted shoes (too large). That is, the extra space in front of the big toe in a shoe...where the toe jams into the inside front of the shoe when an athlete comes to a sudden stop...causing the joint to bend in any number of angles.

What's your guess on Julio's effectiveness? I'd guess he doesn't play...