Jrry32 Options! Options! Options! Mock

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
No if it's up to Fisher and Snead it will be all upside. They don't pick safe. They also covet size and arm strength. I say they go Hackenberg or Wentz in the second to go along with Foles.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If Fisher is still here, and I expect he will be, and he is seeking a QB early in the draft it will be the guy he deems to be the safest, most conservative of the group. I think he will like Connor Cook.

Personally I am not a big Cook fan. I don't think he will be more than average in the NFL. But average could get us in the playoffs, I guess.

Connor Cook is a lot of things...conservative isn't one of them. But Cook does resemble Cutler and Fisher was apparently a huge Cutler fan back in the day...

Stel

Starter
No if it's up to Fisher and Snead it will be all upside. They don't pick safe. They also covet size and arm strength. I say they go Hackenberg or Wentz in the second to go along with Foles.

Wentz, yes. Hackenberg, no.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I am not sure who to credit for the offense in Cincy but whoever it is I like it.
If it is Hugh then bravo but I am suspicious that Zampese has a lot to do with it and if that's the case even better it shows that Jackson can delegate and doing at the OC level is especially impressive.
Bring on Jackson HC and Zampese OC and lets right the ship.
I like your take @jrry32 I only really question Cook and Boldin the latter will show signs of wear sooner than later even though he is a niche guy that does what he does with little effort. Cook I am not sold is a high first rounder

I went back and read your breakdown of Cook:

(Like Eli, he has some issues with lower body mechanics and makes too many derpy decisions. But also like Eli, you see a lot of flashes of greatness, serious competitiveness, underrated mobility, and a whole lot of toughness.

I think a couple of his issues with his lower body are that he has too narrow of a base when sitting in the pocket so he's not stepping into his throws and incorporating his lower body like he should. He also throws off balance too often.(either of his back-foot or without his feet set)

One thing Daniel Jeremiah pointed out was his tendency to allow his front-shoulder to fly open...after he mentioned it, I noticed it happening a bit when he wasn't setting his feet)
These are my exact concerns his lower body mechanics are very poor seldom planting and stepping into his throws, he relies on his upper body strength and is a project at the pro level.
He can keep plays alive with his movement and has good football instinct but needs a good QB coach to re teach him fundamentals and technique.
Thanks for the breakdown but no first on Cook please.

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Connor Cook is a lot of things...conservative isn't one of them. But Cook does resemble Cutler and Fisher was apparently a huge Cutler fan back in the day...

He isn't exactly a gun slinger either though. That was more what I was getting at. He plays smart and I don't think he has Cutlers arm.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He isn't exactly a gun slinger either though. That was more what I was getting at. He plays smart and I don't think he has Cutlers arm.

I'd say he's more of a gunslinger than a game manager. Doesn't have Cutler's arm but he's very aggressive, doesn't shy away from coverage, and makes some questionable decisions.

I am not sure who to credit for the offense in Cincy but whoever it is I like it.
If it is Hugh then bravo but I am suspicious that Zampese has a lot to do with it and if that's the case even better it shows that Jackson can delegate and doing at the OC level is especially impressive.
Bring on Jackson HC and Zampese OC and lets right the ship.
I like your take @jrry32 I only really question Cook and Boldin the latter will show signs of wear sooner than later even though he is a niche guy that does what he does with little effort. Cook I am not sold is a high first rounder

I went back and read your breakdown of Cook:

(Like Eli, he has some issues with lower body mechanics and makes too many derpy decisions. But also like Eli, you see a lot of flashes of greatness, serious competitiveness, underrated mobility, and a whole lot of toughness.

I think a couple of his issues with his lower body are that he has too narrow of a base when sitting in the pocket so he's not stepping into his throws and incorporating his lower body like he should. He also throws off balance too often.(either of his back-foot or without his feet set)

One thing Daniel Jeremiah pointed out was his tendency to allow his front-shoulder to fly open...after he mentioned it, I noticed it happening a bit when he wasn't setting his feet)
These are my exact concerns his lower body mechanics are very poor seldom planting and stepping into his throws, he relies on his upper body strength and is a project at the pro level.
He can keep plays alive with his movement and has good football instinct but needs a good QB coach to re teach him fundamentals and technique.
Thanks for the breakdown but no first on Cook please.

Eh, if you go back and look at first round QBs over the past 5 years. Almost all of them have similar issues with lower body mechanics. It's pretty typical of college passers. Some guys were better than Cook in that regard, some were worse. But it's not one of those issues that's too difficult to fix. You're not guaranteed to fix it but it's one of the least concerning things for me. Unless it's on a certain level of bad. But Cook isn't on that level.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'd say he's more of a gunslinger than a game manager. Doesn't have Cutler's arm but he's very aggressive, doesn't shy away from coverage, and makes some questionable decisions.

Eh, if you go back and look at first round QBs over the past 5 years. Almost all of them have similar issues with lower body mechanics. It's pretty typical of college passers. Some guys were better than Cook in that regard, some were worse. But it's not one of those issues that's too difficult to fix. You're not guaranteed to fix it but it's one of the least concerning things for me. Unless it's on a certain level of bad. But Cook isn't on that level.

Well then our staff is not so good at fixing QBs because Foles footwork has gotten worse. Weinke Most have rods in his neck and can't look down.

Incidentally footwork is one of Jackenbergs biggest problems. The one good game had, he was on hos toes and had good footwork. Usually he is flat footed.