Jrry32 Last Mock for the 2017 Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I love this Draft, and would be very happy with it! But I do have ' One' Problem with it! I really don't think:thinking: the Rams are going to Trade up in this Draft!
I hated the idea of loosing our 3rd round pick, at first, but to land Both Engram and Kupp would be well worth it!(y)(y):yay::yess:

Dave, we didn't lose our third. It became a second when we swapped fourth round picks. ;)

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
dWEyA_s-200x150.gif

lockdnram21

Legend
I like almost every pick.... But I would have picked a different receiver... But if Kupp comes in like Keenan Allen that would be great

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Forget about Robert Woods? I prefer him over an aging Garçon. We're a piece of two away in my opinion. Thomas showed us he can get open. I'll count his first year a write off due to rookie jitters. I'm not ready to give up on him.

Yeah I forgot Woods, but probably because I am not all that excited about him either.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I wouldn't trade up for Engram. If he's gone, he's gone. I'd be more willing to risk Engram being gone than Kupp being gone. I'd trade up for Lamp or Corey Davis, though.

Z Jones looked better to me in Senior Bowl Just watched it today. In the Red Zone Kupp couldn't get free vs Jones
Good picks though .especially with Kupp falling later in draft.Good value.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Z Jones looked better to me in Senior Bowl Just watched it today. In the Red Zone Kupp couldn't get free vs Jones
Good picks though .especially with Kupp falling later in draft.Good value.

Zay had a better game, but he also had better QB play and was featured much more. Kupp reportedly had the better practice week. Although, both had strong practice weeks. I prefer Kupp because he and Zay are the same types of players. Kupp currently does it better.

RAMBUSH

Starter
I think our offensive line is going to be a strength this year. .... color me kool-aid, I don't care. Go Rams!!!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Zay had a better game, but he also had better QB play and was featured much more. Kupp reportedly had the better practice week. Although, both had strong practice weeks. I prefer Kupp because he and Zay are the same types of players. Kupp currently does it better.

The thing that was cool about the Senior Bowl game was Zay Jones & Kupp were running routes on the same team. Late in the game the Qb went to Zay Jones instead of Kupp . --That was just a fresh way of scouting.

I like that Bucky Hodges , but Engram is a better WR type TE that would fit perfect for The Rams

The thing I liked about Zay Jones as well was he has fun & competes to the end.He is going to be a good WR in the NFL. He seems to have good length as well. Knows how. To use his body well. Gives a nice target. Crossss off all the boxes. Real Safe pick.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The thing that was cool about the Senior Bowl game was Zay Jones & Kupp were running routes on the same team. Late in the game the Qb went to Zay Jones instead of Kupp . --That was just a fresh way of scouting.

I like that Bucky Hodges , but Engram is a better WR type TE that would fit perfect for The Rams

The thing I liked about Zay Jones as well was he has fun & competes to the end.He is going to be a good WR in the NFL. He seems to have good length as well. Knows how. To use his body well. Gives a nice target. Crossss off all the boxes. Real Safe pick.

Zay is a safe pick. But I don't agree with your Senior Bowl takeaway. Either ways, we're all entitled to our opinions.

As for Bucky, he's a hard pass for me. I see Jared Cook every time I watch him.

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Zay is a safe pick. But I don't agree with your Senior Bowl takeaway. Either ways, we're all entitled to our opinions.

As for Bucky, he's a hard pass for me. I see Jared Cook every time I watch him.

Is Bucky dumb as rocks. Jared Cook was a athletic freak , but his mind seemed to drift. Remember his first game as a Ram. Bradford threw him a perfect pass. Cook had the TD , but got striped from behind from a defensive player on Arizona. So many missed blocks, very unwilling . Then the motion penalties & dropped third down passes.

Jones 6- 68 TD
Kupp 2-14
Kupp received the kick off to start the game. He showed good skill to get out to the 29 yard line.He does find excellent angles with the ball. Kupp also has a good route tree. He also had a play on a pass the ref's called a late hold on a DB.
He showed he can get over the top of a DB even if he only ran a 4.62 40.
My thoughts of Jones were that he We be a solid go to guy on 3rd downs. Like a smaller Brandon Marshall. I think he has good arm length.

-Crazy thing to is Davis Webb seemed to have had a season like Jared Goff did at Cal last season. Dak Prescott won the MVP last season at the Senior Bowl .
Webb is worth drafting by some team within the 4th rd like Prescott was.Not saying he will be anything like these guys, but my hope is Goff has a serious breakout year.

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Is Bucky dumb as rocks. Jared Cook was a athletic freak , but his mind seemed to drift. Remember his first game as a Ram. Bradford threw him a perfect pass. Cook had the TD , but got striped from behind from a defensive player on Arizona. So many missed blocks, very unwilling . Then the motion penalties & dropped third down passes.

I can't speak to his intelligence. I can speak to him being a bad blocker (with questionable effort in that area) and shaky hands. He's incredibly athletic, but you can't count on him to block or catch the ball consistently. That's not my sort of player.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
but you can't count on him to block or catch the ball consistently. That's not my sort of player.

Not my sort of player either, it's rare to find a TE that can split the seam and also block, in fact, I would settle for being a good blocker when engaged. Evan Engram...Sure hope he lasts to 37 otherwise most likely a WR and then maybe George Kittle in the 4th that might remind some old time Ram fans of Bob Klein.
Bob-Klein-Los-Angeles-Rams-Signed-8x10-Photo.jpg