Jrry32 Fisher Is Officially Gone Mock

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Okay, I originally was only going to do a completely unrealistic mock. However, I will do both a realistic and unrealistic mock at the request of @UKram

The unrealistic mock is more for fun and entertainment than anything. It's not even plausible.
Realistic Mock
Hire
HC Kyle Shanahan
OC Anthony Lynn
DC Raheem Morris
STC John Fassel

I think we all saw what Shanahan did against us without Julio Jones. Brilliant play-caller and Xs and Os coach. He's done a great job with his QBs as well. We need to give Goff an offensive-minded coach who can develop him and implement a system with a real identity. The one big question I have about Kyle is his personality. I've heard rumors he can rub players the wrong way. That's why I chose the OC and DC I did.

Anthony Lynn is currently Buffalo's OC. There are rumors Rex will be fired. We'll see. If he is, this makes a lot of sense. Lynn played for Kyle's dad (Mike) and worked under Mike. Lynn is a former player who players love to play for. That's key to have with a guy like Shanahan who might not be great at connecting with players.

Raheem Morris is another guy that players love to play for. From what I've been told, he's the guy who works as a liasion of sorts between Shanahan and the players in Atlanta. Morris coached under Mike in Washington. He also has experience as a DC from his time in Tampa. He's a very good coach and an intelligent defensive mind.

We already know about Fassel.

Cut
HB Tre Mason
OG Rodger Saffold
C Tim Barnes
DE Eugene Sims

Re-sign
CB Trumaine Johnson - 5 years $60 million
K Greg Zuerlein - 3 years $6 million
HB Benny Cunningham - 3 years $6 million
WR Brian Quick - 1 year $2 million
DT Dominique Easley - RFA Tender
DE Ethan Westbrooks - RFA Tender
DE Matt Longacre - ERFA Tender

Let Walk
S T.J. McDonald (I like T.J., but Mo is a more natural fit at SS. Let's use the money we have elsewhere.)
WR Kenny Britt (I am worried about him working with a new HC. He doesn't have a strong track record of working with coaches who aren't Fisher.)
QB Case Keenum (Mannion is the backup of the future.)

Position Changes
LaMarcus Joyner - CB -> FS

With Alexander moving to SS, Joyner moves to FS. I think it's his natural position. Joyner doesn't play well with his back to the ball. He's at his best attacking downhill. He has surprising strength for a guy his size. In college, he showed good range and no fear at FS. He will deliver knockout shots. Offers the same type of skill-set that McLeod did.

Free Agency
jeffery_6517.png

WR Alshon Jeffery - 5 years $60 million

True #1 WRs in their prime don't often hit FA. Jeffery is the type of player we've pined for for years. I'm willing to accept the risks. WRs of his caliber don't often hit FA in the middle of their prime.

6_3867208.png

LG Ronald Leary - 5 years $35 million

We need OL help. There were rumors that Dallas was trying to trade Leary before the season. With the injury to La'El Collins, Leary stepped back into his starting spot. He was also a starter on the dominant 2014 Cowboys OL. Leary is a mauling run blocker who has the versatility to play in either a ZBS or a PBS. He's an above average but not elite pass protector. Either ways, he's a huge upgrade on what we have.

6_4162715.jpg

CB/S Micah Hyde - 3 years $9 million

Hyde is signed to improve our DB depth. He's a versatile player who can play anywhere in the defensive back-field.

022614-NFL-Ravens-Elam-HF-PI.vadapt.664.high.1.jpg

S Matt Elam - 1 year $2 million

Elam provides depth at SS and gets a "prove it" deal. There's a strong argument that the Ravens used him in the wrong way. They tried to use him as a FS. Elam has always been more of a box safety.

NFL Draft
Round 2 Pick #7 - Ethan Pocic C/OG/OT LSU
Round 3 Pick #6 - Ahkello Witherspoon CB Colorado
Round 4 Pick #7 - Ryan Glasgow DT Michigan
Round 4 Comp Pick - J.J. Dielman OT/OG/C Utah
Round 5 Pick #6 - Taywan Taylor WR Western Kentucky
Round 6 Pick #7 - Nick DeLuca LB North Dakota State
Round 6 Comp Pick - Deatrich Wise Jr. DE Arkansas
Round 7 Pick #6 - T.J. Logan HB North Carolina

Projected Starters
QB: Jared Goff
HB: Todd Gurley
FB: Cory Harkey
XWR: Alshon Jeffery
ZWR: Tavon Austin vs. Brian Quick vs. Mike Thomas vs. Taywan Taylor
SLWR: Pharoh Cooper
TE: Tyler Higbee vs. Lance Kendricks
LT: Greg Robinson
LG: Ronald Leary
C: Ethan Pocic
RG: Jamon Brown vs. Cody Wichmann vs. J.J. Dielman
RT: Rob Havenstein

LDE: William Hayes
NT: Michael Brockers
UT: Aaron Donald
RDE: Robert Quinn
WLB: Mark Barron
MLB: Alec Ogletree
LCB: Trumaine Johnson
RCB: Ahkello Witherspoon
SLCB: E.J. Gaines
FS: LaMarcus Joyner
SS: Maurice Alexander

K: Greg Zuerlein
P: Johnny Hekker
LS: Jake McQuaide
KR: Benny Cunningham vs. T.J. Logan
PR: Tavon Austin

Unrealistic Mock
Hire
HC Jim Harbaugh
OC Greg Roman
DC Vic Fangio
STC John Fassel

Cut
HB Tre Mason
OG Rodger Saffold
C Tim Barnes
DE Eugene Sims

Trade
Rams trade DE Robert Quinn
Buccaneers trade Round 1 Pick #22

Rams trade DE William Hayes
Giants trade Round 6 Pick #23

Not realistic at all. We trade Quinn and Hayes because we decide to move to a 3-4, and Quinn has struggled to stay healthy of late.

Re-sign
CB Trumaine Johnson - 5 years $60 million
K Greg Zuerlein - 3 years $6 million
HB Benny Cunningham - 3 years $6 million
WR Brian Quick - 1 year $2 million
DT Dominique Easley - RFA Tender
DE Ethan Westbrooks - RFA Tender
DE Matt Longacre - ERFA Tender

Let Walk
S T.J. McDonald (I like T.J., but Mo is a more natural fit at SS. Let's use the money we have elsewhere.)
WR Kenny Britt (I am worried about him working with a new HC. He doesn't have a strong track record of working with coaches who aren't Fisher.)
QB Case Keenum (Mannion is the backup of the future.)

Position Changes
LaMarcus Joyner - CB -> FS

With Alexander moving to SS, Joyner moves to FS. I think it's his natural position. Joyner doesn't play well with his back to the ball. He's at his best attacking downhill. He has surprising strength for a guy his size. In college, he showed good range and no fear at FS. He will deliver knockout shots. Offers the same type of skill-set that McLeod did.

Free Agency
jeffery_6517.png

WR Alshon Jeffery - 5 years $60 million

True #1 WRs in their prime don't often hit FA. Jeffery is the type of player we've pined for for years. I'm willing to accept the risks. WRs of his caliber don't often hit FA in the middle of their prime.

melvin-ingram-san-diego-chargers.jpg

OLB Melvin Ingram - 5 years $55 million

Ingram is a very good all-around 3-4 OLB. He posted 10.5 sacks last year and currently has 6 sacks this year. Ingram combines good pass rushing ability with quality run stopping and coverage ability. He has a nonstop motor and is a very smart player. While his sack numbers aren't elite, he pressures the QB often.

6_3867208.png

LG Ronald Leary - 5 years $35 million

We need OL help. There were rumors that Dallas was trying to trade Leary before the season. With the injury to La'El Collins, Leary stepped back into his starting spot. He was also a starter on the dominant 2014 Cowboys OL. Leary is a mauling run blocker who has the versatility to play in either a ZBS or a PBS. He's an above average but not elite pass protector. Either ways, he's a huge upgrade on what we have.

6_4162715.jpg

CB/S Micah Hyde - 3 years $9 million

Hyde is signed to improve our DB depth. He's a versatile player who can play anywhere in the defensive back-field.

101013-Dorsey-Header.jpg

NT Glenn Dorsey - 2 years $4 million

He played NT for Fangio and the 49ers during the Harbaugh days. He's brought on to play NT for the Rams.

022614-NFL-Ravens-Elam-HF-PI.vadapt.664.high.1.jpg

S Matt Elam - 1 year $2 million

Elam provides depth at SS and gets a "prove it" deal. There's a strong argument that the Ravens used him in the wrong way. They tried to use him as a FS. Elam has always been more of a box safety.

NFL Draft
Round 1 Pick #22 - Ethan Pocic C/OG/OT LSU
Round 2 Pick #7 - T.J. Watt OLB Wisconsin
Round 3 Pick #6 - Ahkello Witherspoon CB Colorado
Round 4 Pick #7 - Ryan Glasgow NT Michigan
Round 4 Comp Pick - J.J. Dielman OT/OG/C Utah
Round 5 Pick #6 - Taywan Taylor WR Western Kentucky
Round 6 Pick #7 - Nick DeLuca LB North Dakota State
Round 6 Pick #23 - Jake Repogle DE Purdue
Round 6 Comp Pick - Jimmie Gilbert OLB Colorado
Round 7 Pick #6 - T.J. Logan HB North Carolina

Projected Starters
QB: Jared Goff
HB: Todd Gurley
FB: Cory Harkey
XWR: Alshon Jeffery
ZWR: Tavon Austin vs. Brian Quick vs. Mike Thomas vs. Taywan Taylor
SLWR: Pharoh Cooper
TE: Tyler Higbee vs. Lance Kendricks
LT: Greg Robinson
LG: Ronald Leary
C: Ethan Pocic
RG: Jamon Brown vs. Cody Wichmann vs. J.J. Dielman
RT: Rob Havenstein

LDE: Michael Brockers
NT: Glenn Dorsey
RDE: Aaron Donald
LOLB: T.J. Watt
LILB: Mark Barron
RILB: Alec Ogletree
ROLB: Melvin Ingram
LCB: Trumaine Johnson
RCB: Ahkello Witherspoon
SLCB: E.J. Gaines
FS: LaMarcus Joyner
SS: Maurice Alexander

K: Greg Zuerlein
P: Johnny Hekker
LS: Jake McQuaide
KR: Benny Cunningham vs. T.J. Logan
PR: Tavon Austin

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I definitely like the realistic one better because I'm not crazy about switching to a 3-4 with a guy like Donald. Completely agree on letting Britt walk ... he isn't playing as good these last few weeks where the writing has been on the wall, and I don't think that's a mere coincidence. And I'm more than willing to take the chance with Jeffrey, especially if we hire Shanahan. This would be the kind of team he would want to come to, one where he could play a featured role with an offensive minded head coach.

Feels good to know the Rams have a chance to move forward now ...

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Agree with 1328 about not moving the Rams to a 3/4 base. Prefer the realistic mock, but would rather make a clean cut from Quick, save the $2mil. and promote Cooper, Thomas or one of the other young guys. A new DC will probably want a more traditional LB corps, meaning forget SS Elam and make room for Barron and another OLB. Look for a true coverage FS instead and let Joyner cover CB or FS if/when necessary. 2017 looks like a deep year for CB's, not sure Witherspoon would be my pick in the 3'rd. I like the coaching staff. jmo.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Agree with 1328 about not moving the Rams to a 3/4 base. Prefer the realistic mock, but would rather make a clean cut from Quick, save the $2mil. and promote Cooper, Thomas or one of the other young guys. A new DC will probably want a more traditional LB corps, meaning forget SS Elam and make room for Barron and another OLB.

$2 million is very little money. Might as well keep him around to compete. Cooper is being promoted either ways. He'd be competing with Austin, Mike Thomas, and the rookie WR for snaps.

A new DC needs to accept the LB corp we have. It's a good fit for today's NFL, and it will squander talent if he tries to change it. Elam is a good reclamation project on a cheap contract. Put him in the spot, and you might get something out of him.(kind of like what we did with Barron)

Look for a true coverage FS instead and let Joyner cover CB or FS if/when necessary. 2017 looks like a deep year for CB's, not sure Witherspoon would be my pick in the 3'rd. I like the coaching staff. jmo.

Joyner is a true coverage FS. That's the allure of him. And we won't have to dish out a bunch of money for him.

This is a deep year for CBs, which is why Witherspoon is getting lost in the mix right now. There's not a ton of film out on him yet, but I watched him against Michigan. He looked amazing. Played against Darboh and Chesson. Both will play on Sundays. They did nothing against him.

He's one of the NCAA leaders in passes defensed. And this came from PFF the week of the Pac-12 Championship Game:
Witherspoon has been a breakout star this season, allowing only 32.9 percent of passes to be completed into his coverage, fifth-best among Power-5 corners with at least 30 targets.

His backstory only makes him more exciting for me. He's a late bloomer. Graduated high school at 5'8" with a 4.4 GPA. Went to junior college because of his lack size. Grew to be 6'2"/6'3" 190+ his freshman year in junior college. Didn't play football until his senior year of high school. He's majoring in ecology and evolutionary biology. He wants to be a doctor after he leaves football.

This is a kid who is 6'2" 195 with speed and ball-skills. His statistical production this year is off the charts. The one game I saw was outstanding. And he's intelligent. That's big for me. I'm tired of us drafting unintelligent players.

If the rest of his film is as good as the Michigan game, I think getting him in the 3rd is a steal.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cheers @jrry32 no love for spruce ?

TJ watt any relation to JJ ?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Great job
Would hate to lose TJ though
Im wating for the "No Jeffrey" mock haha

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I love your realistic draft. I'm not certain that I'd be on board with a 3-4 when we have Aaron Donald.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I'm more for the realistic draft
I'm glad fans are seeing how badly we need an upgrade at Center
We need the next Rich Saul

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Another reason I like Kyle Shanahan is maybe you get Mike as Assistant Head Coach/Offense, I know some believe let the younger Shanahan handle on his own, but having Dad as an offensive assistant only makes your staff better.

Last edited:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Excellent work here Jrry. Hmm, interesting thoughts on Britt. FWIW, I thought he & Tavon had their best game together last week...well, except for the drops.

I've seen this Colorado D a bunch...
This is a deep year for CBs, which is why Witherspoon is getting lost in the mix right now. There's not a ton of film out on him yet, but I watched him against Michigan. He looked amazing. Played against Darboh and Chesson. Both will play on Sundays. They did nothing against him.

He's one of the NCAA leaders in passes defensed. And this came from PFF the week of the Pac-12 Championship Game:
His backstory only makes him more exciting for me. He's a late bloomer. Graduated high school at 5'8" with a 4.4 GPA. Went to junior college because of his lack size. Grew to be 6'2"/6'3" 190+ his freshman year in junior college. Didn't play football until his senior year of high school. He's majoring in ecology and evolutionary biology. He wants to be a doctor after he leaves football.

This is a kid who is 6'2" 195 with speed and ball-skills. His statistical production this year is off the charts. The one game I saw was outstanding. And he's intelligent. That's big for me. I'm tired of us drafting unintelligent players.

If the rest of his film is as good as the Michigan game, I think getting him in the 3rd is a steal.
I think they have a great secondary. So does Washington....I believe they'll give Alabama a game...Chris Peterson can coach.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
Great post, my dude. I want to hang on to TJ though. He's legit and a So Cal guy. Plus, homeboy lays the fcckin wood on the opposition.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I like what you've done as far as current players on the realistic mock. I would like to keep TJ however. I think he can be more in a different system. I watched him a lot in college and saw what a system did to change his game. It's one of the reasons I don't put too much stock in worrying about who stays and goes until a HC and his coordinators are hired.

I wonder if $2 million would keep Quick. I think he showed something this season while everyone saw also the system he was being limited by.

I haven't gotten into the college players and usually don't until the season is long over.

Fun stuff though.