Josh Freeman benched

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
On the trade block, pre-emptive , I don't want the guy, Oakland aught to trade a player for him.

fearsomefour

Legend
I loved Freeman when he was coming out of college....in fact I wanted the Rams to draft him. I still think he has a ton of physical talent....but, his head is lost right now. In terms of Oakland it depends whether they think Pryor has a chance to be a real starter or not....I must admit Ive been surprised by Pryor.
In terms of picking a guy up for cheap Freeman is well worth it the problem would be the potential $$. No idea what his contract situation is.
For our backup QB situation going forward I either want to pick up a better vet backup (Shaun Hill for example) or draft a guy.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Fucking tampon ... LOL

I'm enjoying this probably a little more than I should.

V3

Hall of Fame
Selassie I said:
freaking tampon ... LOL

I don't quite get this response but whatever. Has he done something to make you hate him so much? I know he's acting a little immature right now but from the reports, no one down there is liking the head coach. Sounds like they're about to have a revolt down there.

I think he'd be a pretty good backup QB but I don't think he would accept that.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I feel like Freeman gets a bum rap, he was great in 2010, wasn't so hot in 2011 when half of the team turned over and wasn't half as good as it was in 2010, then it was hastily patched together with free agents and duct tape in 2012.

I don't think he fully trusts the situation in Tampa Bay, since people were out for his head since 2011. Don't know what it was about bad teams in 2011 leading QBs to be villainized, but it happened to Freeman just as much as it happened to Bradford and I don't think he ever truly had the trust of the new regime brought in.

We all know how pressure to preform and dance for people can affect a person negatively, I think a change of scenery will revitalize Freeman's career.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Somebody might give a mid to late round pick for him.
He's been on the decline for 3 years. He wasn't drafted by his coach so no investment in him. So why the surprise?
At best he becomes a backup for a few years then gone.
His problem is he just doesn't see the field.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I would never waste time trading for Josh Freeman. The guy has pieces around him in Vincent Jackson, Doug Martin, and even Mike Wallace. His problem is he has no dedication or focus anymore. Sure, he had a good year but obviously if the Bucs don't even want him on their squad anymore, he is at least mentally a wash up and just a damaging factor to a locker room.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Ramrasta said:
I would never waste time trading for Josh Freeman. The guy has pieces around him in Vincent Jackson, Doug Martin, and even Mike Wallace. His problem is he has no dedication or focus anymore. Sure, he had a good year but obviously if the Bucs don't even want him on their squad anymore, he is at least mentally a wash up and just a damaging factor to a locker room.

I think you might have meant somebody else? Because Mike Wallace is a Dolphin, not a Buc.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
V3 said:
Selassie I said:
freaking tampon ... LOL

I don't quite get this response but whatever. Has he done something to make you hate him so much? I know he's acting a little immature right now but from the reports, no one down there is liking the head coach. Sounds like they're about to have a revolt down there.

I actually think Freeman is a rare talent.

I just HATE the bucs and I enjoy watching them suffer.

Freeman will probably excel with a change of scenery.

V3

Hall of Fame
Selassie I said:
V3 said:
Selassie I said:
freaking tampon ... LOL

I actually think Freeman is a rare talent.

I just HATE the bucs and I enjoy watching them suffer.

Freeman will probably excel with a change of scenery.

I see. I feel that way about Crapernick. The past two weeks have been great in that regard.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
HometownBoy said:
Ramrasta said:

I think you might have meant somebody else? Because Mike Wallace is a Dolphin, not a Buc.

Mike Williams* by bad

moklerman

Warner-phile
He'd be a huge upgrade in Cleveland and Jacksonville but both of those teams appear to be planning for the draft already.

Hey, what about Minnesota? Is he an upgrade over Ponder?

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
moklerman said:
He'd be a huge upgrade in Cleveland and Jacksonville but both of those teams appear to be planning for the draft already.

Hey, what about Minnesota? Is he an upgrade over Ponder?

He's definitely a big upgrade over Ponder, Ponder's obsessed with the short gain, they got him big play weapons and he still just.. Doesn't go for the big play, he seldom goes deep and when he does he has a bad penchant for missing. He literally relies on Peterson, if a team shuts down Peterson they've shut down the entirety of the Vikings. Peterson gets the yards that Ponder doesn't get with all his short passes and Ponder's TDs generally come from finishing off drives with short yardages TDs. The dig on him is also that he has a weak arm and that's why he doesn't go deep.

There's also the fact that Ponder's own teammates have supposedly gone on record as saying he's not a very good QB.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Freeman feels to me a like a potentially good player in the wrong situation.

I can't say I like how he's handled himself, so if I were another team I wouldn't trade much. But he's a good player.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Bottom line is Greg Schiano has tried to undermine his starting QB. He doesn't like him. Both of these guys will be out of tampon very soon.

Dysfunction at it's finest.