Johnny Football staying out of the news again

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...eveland-browns-entourage-involved-fight-hotelhttp://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...eveland-browns-entourage-involved-fight-hotel

CLEVELAND -- Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel was involved in a fight in downtown Cleveland early Saturday but is not listed as a suspect, according to a police report obtained by ESPN.

The Cleveland Police Department's report stated that Manziel was approached by a fan named Chris Gonos who says he was assaulted by the rookie quarterback and "his entourage." The incident was reported at 2:36 a.m. from the Metropolitan at The 9 hotel in Cleveland. The report does not indicate that police made any arrests.

More from ESPN.com
fowler_jeremy_m.jpg
Timing is very important to a quarterback, and it was Johnny Manziel's timing over the weekend during a brawl that concerns the Browns as they sift through information, Jeremy Fowler writes.Story

A Manziel associate, listed as Dana Kirk, told police "the victim attempted to assault his client and he defended him," according to the police report. Gonos, the alleged victim, told police he was "assaulted by Johnny Football and his entourage" after he tried to approach Manziel as a fan by saying, "I'm the biggest Browns fan ever, I love you, I want to give you a hug," according to the report.

A statement made by Manziel's agent paints a slightly different picture of the incident.

"Johnny and his roommate had been out to dinner earlier in the evening with Johnny's mother, who is staying with him this week," Erik Burkhardt said in a statement. "There was no entourage. Johnny and his roommate were trying to get on the apartment elevator at his home when they were accosted by a very aggressive man and his associates. It was an unfortunate situation and he immediately let [Browns general manager] Ray Farmer and the team know what happened."

Farmer said in a statement that the team is gathering information to better understand what occurred.

"Nonetheless, the time of the incident is concerning to us," Farmer said. "We continually stress to all our players the importance of sound decision-making in an effort to avoid putting themselves in these types of situations. We have addressed this appropriately with the player and will have no further comment at this time."

[+] Enlarge
Ken Blaze/USA TODAY SportsJohnny Manziel, who has played sparingly in his rookie season, was involved in an altercation early Saturday at a Cleveland hotel, according to police.

Manziel, who has been on the field for only a handful of plays this season, traveled with the Browns for their Sunday game in Atlanta. The Browns were aware of the incident before they left for Atlanta and met with Manziel to discuss it, a source told ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

Browns coach Mike Pettine said Monday that Manziel did not violate any team rules regarding curfew or other restrictions.

Gonos declined to say whether he intended to press charges when contacted by ESPN's Pat McManamon.

"I'm not talking about that right now," Gonos said.

Gonos sustained a swollen lip and swollen right eye, the report said. Cleveland Police Department spokesman Ali Pillow declined immediate comment.

Manziel lives at the hotel, which has several luxurious apartments.

Gonos told police he took one step toward whom he believed to be Manziel and got hit several times in the face by the offender, according to the report, saying that several unidentified males attacked and pushed him. A hotel employee helped break up the fight and reported to police he was struck in the face but did not want to file an incident, according to the report.

ESPN Radio

Michael Smith and Jemele Hill discuss potential trouble for Johnny Manziel after an alleged altercation with a fan and talk about dealing with fans and admirers.

More Podcasts »

Footage of the fight exists, according to the report. A hotel director of security declined comment when reached Monday.

Manziel's late hours and social life became an issue during the offseason as the Heisman Trophy winner was photographed at various nightclubs.

The Browns' concern over Saturday's incident stems partly from the fact that Manziel is one roster spot from being the team's starting quarterback, sources told ESPN. Team officials have urged Manziel to "act like a Brown" and be aware of his behavior, according to sources.

Pettine confirmed that he spoke with Manziel about the incident but declined to offer details about their discussion.

"We've discussed the incident," Pettine said. "It was a conversation between a coach and a player."

Brian Hoyer has served as the starting quarterback throughout the season for the Browns (7-4), who are battling for the AFC North division title and a postseason berth. Hoyer threw three interceptions Sunday but orchestrated a last-minute, winning drive in Cleveland's 26-24 victory in Atlanta.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Right... You're out to dinner with your mom until 2am?

I didn't think this story had legs until I read that.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
LOL! Yeah, he's using his mom to pick up girls. Or maybe that's a way to filter them. Gotta pass the "mom test". :D
Filter? You mean - gotta be hotter than mom? :D That'd be a great filter. Bet mom knows a thing or two about shaking her groove thing too. Hell - I'm 52. I still close down bars. Johnny's mom is probably a hoot.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Even with Bradford going down, still glad we didn't take this guy.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Agreed. Picking up that cougar is gonna be much easier in Cleveland than St.Louis
I must apologize for hijacking the thread away from discussion of Johnny Football's Hot Mom.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
To be fair, @RamFan503 posted the pic...

but Johnny's mom i think is better discussion than johnny anyway :LOL::cool:

Oh for sure. Would you rather talk about her funbags..........or his? So yeah she is a better topic.

iced

Oh for sure. Would you rather talk about her funbags..........or his? So yeah she is a better topic.

exactly... i call it playing taxidermist..

gotta stuff the cougar before mounting it on the wall ;):p:cool: