John Madden

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
He likes to hang out at the coffee shop around the corner from me, so this time I thought I'd get proof.

madden2.jpg

And here is a close-up of his ring
madden2_ring.jpg

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
you're the fucking best Stranger
such great proof - but i seriously take your word man

crumb cake and coffee and Super Bowl Ring - legendary!!!!

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
That's pretty wild. His style is lacking though, hahaha.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

The next time you see him can you say this to him word for word - "Brett Favre sucks big elephant dicks".

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
That's awesome. You gotta strike up a conversation though if you go there regularly. Try and get him to do a Q&A here at ROD!?

Psycho_X

Legend
Wow, can't believe he wears that ring to a coffee shop. First, it's got to be annoying as hell to deal with a ring that size all day. And second, I'd be worried about it falling off my hand into a drain on the street or stolen or something.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://thehonolulublue.wordpress.com/2010/08/16/dumbest-john-madden-quotes-of-all-time/

Top 25 John Madden Quotes:

1. “There’s a lot of letters in Ladanian Tomlinson”

2. “A team should never practice on a field that is not lined. Your players have to become aware of the field’s boundaries.”

3. “The best way to gain more yards is advance the ball down the field from the line of scrimmage.”

4. “If you lose your best cornerback and punter, I’d say that’s a double loss.”

5. “It’s 3rd and 20..They need a good play here.”

6. “See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.”

7. “When you have great players, playing great, well that’s great football!”

8. “Ruben Brown made that play there….well I mean he missed the guy completley but he was able to create just enough room for Thomas Jones by whiffing. The air he created on the miss gave Jones enough space to score.”

9. “If the quarterback throws the ball in the endzone and the Wide Receiver catches it……. It’s a touchdown.”

10. “If this team doesn’t put points on the board I don’t see how they can win.”

11. “Whenever you talk about a Mike Shanahan offense, you’re always going to be talking about his offense.”

12. “Some yards is better than none yards?”

13. “Here’s a guy, here’s a guy who when he puts his contacts in, he can see better”

14. “Usually the team that scores the most points wins the game.”

15. “Mark Brunell usually likes to soak his balls before a rainy game.”

16. “When your arm gets hit, the ball is not going to go where you want it to.”

17. “They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.”

18. “The Dallas Cowboys have 2 types of plays in their playbook. Passing plays, and running plays.”

19. “When its raining the field gets wet, then all of a sudden everyones running slower”

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/j/john_madden.html

20. Don't worry about the horse being blind, just load the wagon.

21. The road to Easy Street goes through the sewer.

22. In Oakland, Al Davis was a genius. We had Ron Wolff there, too, and he was a genius. There was no room for me to be a genius.

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/post-your-favorite-john-madden-quotes.130221647/

23. When a guy runs he goes faster.

24. Well he could either go in hole A or hole B, but the B-hole wasn't open so he went up the A-hole.

25. Now that is a sandwich. You take all that and put it between two pieces of bread.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's pretty wild. His style is lacking though, hahaha.
You should see him when he wears his cargo shorts.

That's awesome. You gotta strike up a conversation though if you go there regularly. Try and get him to do a Q&A here at ROD!?
We've spoken a few times. I used to go their almost every day when I was being Mr. Mom, and I'd sometimes chat with him while rocking the stroller :)

Seriously, the guy is very different in person. He's very quiet, and highly intelligent & articulate (the TV personality has got to be an act). We've never talked football. He seems to know the menu of every fine dining restaurant in the country, however, and is not bashful re: his opinion on the food.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
It looks like he's wearing those pants that he can convert to cargo shorts.

He seems like a cool dude. Seems like once a man reaches a certain age they really come into their own and do whatever they want.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Good Stuff. He is a good guy. I always liked him as a coach and commentator.

fearsomefour

Legend

We've spoken a few times. I used to go their almost every day when I was being Mr. Mom, and I'd sometimes chat with him while rocking the stroller :)

Seriously, the guy is very different in person. He's very quiet, and highly intelligent & articulate (the TV personality has got to be an act). We've never talked football. He seems to know the menu of every fine dining restaurant in the country, however, and is not bashful re: his opinion on the food.
Had a chance to meet him once in San Luis Obispo. He was back for a reunion of some kind (he coached at Cal Poly) and I grew up there. Very nice guy. Like Stranger said, a bright guy who is very engaging. His imagine would make you think he would be like a John Belushi character or something and that was not him at all in my limited experience. Smart guy.
As for the style aspect, I like that about him. Not worried about being a "celeb". He is him and thats it. A football guy.
I wouldnt be wearing the ring around either. But thats just me. In a way, it is so bad ass to go up and order your coffee and roll or whatever with a Superbowl ring on. I am the alpha dog.

V3

Hall of Fame
Please tell me when he finished his coffee he yelled out, "BOOM!" and slammed it on the table.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Wow, can't believe he wears that ring to a coffee shop. First, it's got to be annoying as hell to deal with a ring that size all day. And second, I'd be worried about it falling off my hand into a drain on the street or stolen or something.

Not me. If I had a Super Bowl ring, I'd be rocking that bitch at all times. Hahahaha

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Not me. If I had a Super Bowl ring, I'd be rocking that bitch at all times. Hahahaha
I'd have a replica made with cubic-z and keep the real one in a safety deposit box, or a safe in the home

My favorite quote from Madden who I like a lot is a toss up "Only Brett Favre is Brett Favre" or "and right there is the hold" referring to Alan Fanica hooking a Seattle linebacker to spring a touchdown run of 75 yards by Willie Parker after which they quickly went to a commercial and never returned to the obvious missed call again.
More fodder for the "fixed" POV

Last edited: