John Elway's top 5 QB's

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Irish

Starter
I am one of those weirdos who believe that the best QBs in history have all played in the past 20 years, along with every other position in Football.

Hard to argue with his list, though.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Bradshaw gets no love on these things. Four rings. He made a career kicking that puss staubach's ass.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Last edited:

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
If I could have any QB, I'd want Warner. Outside of him, I'd take Rodgers all day over any of those guys. He's KW with legs.

Most exciting QB was Vick when he was with ATL. I loved watching that guy. Of course he whipped us bloody in the Playoffs.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Active players i want Aaron Rodgers.

All-time QB's Ive seen play i'll take:
1. Elway
2. Steve Young(my mouth bleeds as i type this but he was tremendous. Probably better than Montana.)
3. Montana
4. Manning
5. Marino

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
I always think it's kinda crazy Tarkenton doesn't get more love on these types of lists. 342 career touchdown passes in the era he played in is bananas.

Mine would be:

1.) Montana
2.) Unitas
3.) Elway
4.) Favre
5.) Tarkenton

I could see Manning and Brady busting in but I want to reserve judgement until I see the entire body of work.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
I always think it's kinda crazy Tarkenton doesn't get more love on these types of lists. 342 career touchdown passes in the era he played in is bananas.

Mine would be:

1.) Montana
2.) Unitas
3.) Elway
4.) Favre
5.) Tarkenton

I could see Manning and Brady busting in but I want to reserve judgement until I see the entire body of work.
Exactly my thought. Love me some Tarkenton! If he was reinvented and in a rams uniform those games would be amazing to watch!

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
My top 5 favorite QBs ( Which is based of not only talent but other nonsensical things that tickle my fancy):

1). Warner (Of course a Ram comes first)
2). Favre (I saw this guy throw a pass and than run and block a guy...)
3). Elway
4). Brady (Don't understand all the negativity towards the guy lately, it is like people forgot who he was)
5). Manning

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
in the postseason I will take Warner

and I will beat you 8 times out of 10

551staaa

Unsubstantiated Reality
Dan Fouts? Agree with LesBaker on Otto Graham. All the guy did was win championships. Montana has to be on the list. (Anyone know which team had the most wins against Montana?) Round out the list with Marino and Warner with an honorable mention to Billy Kilmer, the only NFL QB I ever saw get under center with a beer gut hanging down. :D

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul

Mine would be:

1.) Montana
2.) Unitas
3.) Elway
4.) Favre
5.) Tarkenton

Nice to see Tarkenton and Unitas on a list. Unitas held that consecutive games with at least a TD pass record for a long time. Brees didn't beat him by much. I think Tarkenton rubs people the wrong way lately. Shouldn't take away from what he did on the field. He's not far off when he says he was the best.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Roger the dodger's superbowl qb rating: 95.4 - 734 yds 8 td 4 picks - 4 appearances 2 wins

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/StauRo00/super-bowl/

Terry's superbowl qb rating: 112.8 - 932 yds 9td 4 picks - 4 appearances 4 wins

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BradTe00/super-bowl/

One thing to keep in mind here is that this is Elway's list and the broncs lost to the boys in SB XII...

Have you watched them both play over their careers? Staubach was the better QB and it wasn't close.

Stats only tell part of the story. What defenses were both QBs facing those Superbowl games? Who had the better Oline? Which QB had the better WRs? How much time did they have to throw? Were both teams using steroids?

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve