John Abraham

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
@AdamSchefter: Cardinals LB John Abraham is suffering from memory loss and has been for well over a year, per sources. Could be end of his NFL career.

@AdamSchefter: After suffering another concussion Monday night, Cardinals LB John Abraham has left the team, quite possibly for good, per sources.

Sad.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
It's sad that this happens, but at that position you have to expect some major head trauma. All the rules in the world aren't going to change the concussions, and brain injuries. It happens, and will continue to.

Hopefully as the game transitions to speed, some of the roid use will succeed, and juiced up monsters won't be running into each other causing catastrophic head trauma.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
Memory loss isn't something that is terribly easy to hide. Either he was really good at hiding it or his teammates and coaches weren't looking out for him. Shouldn't have been playing if he's been suffering from memory loss for well over a year, as Schefter reported.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
As someone who has short term memory loss, it's not as hard to hide as you may think. If you show competence and people care about you, they give you the benefit of the doubt. Unfortunately, that only makes the problem worse. It did in my case. I'll pray for him...

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Even for a division rival I feel bad for the dude, any head/brain injuries are just sad...

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Jesus, I hope he can live the rest of his life with a clear head and recognition of his loved ones.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I hope he doesn't come back. For his own well being.
This isn't the time to be a tough guy.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
I guess he forgot that he had forgotten things because of his concussions? :whistle:

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Reminds me of a thing a pot head said to me once:
"I was going to quit... but I forgot."

Quit now John Abraham. Enjoy your family and the money you've earned.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Stupid stupid decision. If he's depressed, has memory loss and all the other stuff I've heard, he just needs to get out now. Don't ruin your life further Abraham.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
That sad, was always a very respectable player.

ARZ D takes another hit, Cambell is the last straw.

Alan

Legend
Huge mistake IMO. I'll send him some positive vibes but I think he'll need more than that.

Athos

Legend
Retire now man. Retire now.

Do it for your family bro. One more hit and he may not even remember his family. What's more important dude?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I don't feel all that sorry for him. He made the choice to come back...much like he made the choice to drive drunk at least two times.

Nobody deserves to deal with symptoms like that, but he made his choice, and I think it was a very foolish one.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
On topic-Reminds me of the Lawrence Taylor character in Any Given Sunday. It's sad.

Off topic-I would like to see a picture mash up of Lawrence Taylor Swift, btw. That would be hilarious and not sad.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
On topic-Reminds me of the Lawrence Taylor character in Any Given Sunday. It's sad.

Off topic-I would like to see a picture mash up of Lawrence Taylor Swift, btw. That would be hilarious and not sad.

Lawrence Taylor would DESTROY Taylor Swift. Run through her like a paper bag I bet.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Lawrence Taylor would DESTROY Taylor Swift. Run through her like a paper bag I bet.
Hahaha!

Oh my God.
Here's the next big reality tv show, and a new football league: Pop stars vs. Former NFL greats.
I'd watch it.