Joe Barry on Ogletree

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
CwbSxkyXgAEEgPw.jpg

Pretty much the entire off season so far :D

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
That. Was. Awesome.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
This guy is pumped.

Makes me believe he drafts another ILB....Maybe my guy Jarrad Davis...in the 3rd.

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
I'm glad he's excited to work with Tree, I'm excited for the new coaching staff and to see improvement with this team. Just please get us to division wins, win in October, November ,December , give us some life !!! Get the team above .500

Zero

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm glad he's excited to work with Tree, I'm excited for the new coaching staff and to see improvement with this team. Just please get us to division wins, win in October, November ,December , give us some life !!! Get the team above .500
I'm not sure where we will stand record wise in 2017,
but the feeling that we are heading in the right direction
is such a good feeling.

jap

Legend
I'm not sure where we will stand record wise in 2017,
but the feeling that we are heading in the right direction
is such a good feeling.

We have to wait to see how the players come together and the results from the player-coach interactions: who are gonna be impact players, who are gonna develop further & come into their own at their positional niches, who are gonna transcend their niches and influence their teammates positively. Are we gonna have a gradual progressional growth or will this be closer to the 1998 to 1999 progressional explosion?

A55VA6

Legend
Pretty cool to hear how high he is on Tree. But now it's all up to Barry to coach him up, and Tree to go out there and perform like a pro bowler like he should be. I do feel like he needs to put some weight on if he's going to continue to play MLB.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I'm most interested in his thoughts on Barron. Odd that he didn't bring him up. Although it didn't appear to be asked, you'd think someone would ask about him and his fit as such a unique player.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
I'm most interested in his thoughts on Barron. Odd that he didn't bring him up. Although it didn't appear to be asked, you'd think someone would ask about him and his fit as such a unique player.

I would not be surprised if Barron gets traded to Cleveland. They have the cap space for his ridiculous contract, and not to mention he's a linebacker because of Greg Williams.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I would not be surprised if Barron gets traded to Cleveland. They have the cap space for his ridiculous contract, and not to mention he's a linebacker because of Greg Williams.

Sounds ideal for all parties. As long as we get a solid return I'm totally happy with with that

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I keep wondering about Barron as an OLB. I know he doesn't quite have the weight/strength for that position but he fits in many other ways - length, athleticism, IQ and he is also a technician. I honestly could see him succeeding in that role.

Barron in a Von Miller role with Quinn in the Ware role.

That isn't even talking about Donald attacking from the inside.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I keep wondering about Barron as an OLB. I know he doesn't quite have the weight/strength for that position but he fits in many other ways - length, athleticism, IQ and he is also a technician. I honestly could see him succeeding in that role.

Barron in a Von Miller role with Quinn in the Ware role.

That isn't even talking about Donald attacking from the inside.

He's so small, tackles would eat him up. He'd be at the very least 20 pounds lighter than even the edge rushers who are considered too light to play there consistently, like Vic Beasley. Maybe even more. It's just..no. He can't do it. Sending him on overload blitzes and things like that is way different than rushing the passer every down.

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
Im curious to see how we transition the defense. There's a sudden need at linebacker now.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
CwbSxkyXgAEEgPw.jpg

Pretty much the entire off season so far :D

Haha. I was gonna say with all these coaching hires and the way they articulate themselves, this site needs an erect penis rating for us to click on.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This guy is pumped.

Makes me believe he drafts another ILB....Maybe my guy Jarrad Davis...in the 3rd.

I don't know how, i.e. whether it will be the draft or FA, but I agree they're gonna add another LB inside. My guess is an affordable "just in case" type.

That said, I do keep thinking back to what Greg Williams said last offseason, that when they added Barron they told him "don't think or worry about it just go" and he felt Barron would be better after last year's camp. But he wasn't, he was actually terrible compared to his contract year. Now that could be because he relaxed after getting the payday. Or it could mean he's gonna get back to who he was two years ago under Wade, who is known for simplifying things for his players.

What they do with him is going to be very telling. Quinn also; I can't imagine they plan on letting another injury derail their season. IMO they'll add a couple LBs and one will be a pass rusher. Seems like a heavy offense FA period and then draft defense early would nicely match up with the positional strengths in this draft but who knows.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That said, I do keep thinking back to what Greg Williams said last offseason, that when they added Barron they told him "don't think or worry about it just go" and he felt Barron would be better after last year's camp. But he wasn't, he was actually terrible compared to his contract year.

That's not what I saw.