Joe Barksdale signs with Chargers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I think we made a mistake in not bringing him back on a prove it deal. This team can never have enough depth on the OL (we always suffer injuries there) and it would have been nice to have a veteran presence. But oh well, it is what it is.

Perhaps, Barksdale believed that he'd proven enough to the Rams already and wouldn't accept such a deal from them.

My guess is that he requested something very high, the Rams countered with something lower and then eventually took whatever offer they had off the table at some point.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Joe's gonna have it rough! 2 games against each of Miller and Ware for Denver, Houston and Hali for KC and Tuck and Mack in Oakland. Not sure that's where I'd have signed a prove it deal but I wish him the best.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
You mean the guy who never played an NFL snap compared to a 4 year experienced vet who is atleast by all accounts is a capable NFL caliber RT?

Yes, that guy.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Joe's gonna have it rough! 2 games against each of Miller and Ware for Denver, Houston and Hali for KC and Tuck and Mack in Oakland. Not sure that's where I'd have signed a prove it deal but I wish him the best.

Pshaw - Barksdale owns Justin Houston.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
I would have preferred to keep him another season since he signed for that cheap. At least a year of insurance in case of injuries or rookies not being ready.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I am glad the Rams moved on from Barksdale. I think Havenstien will be as good as Joe was, and likely even better. Joe made the fatal mistake of listening to his greedy agent who overestimated Joe's value.

It was also a bad draft year for a middling ORT to try to score big money. There were too many options on the draft board.

I really thought that being a contract year Joe would have played his ass off. I wonder why he didn't?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Best of luck, Joe.

You'll have a long NFL career, no doubt.

We move on, now. Havenstein is going to the playoffs as a rookie.

lockdnram21

Legend
Exactly and he had trouble with all of them when he was on our team

lockdnram21

Legend
I am glad the Rams moved on from Barksdale. I think Havenstien will be as good as Joe was, and likely even better. Joe made the fatal mistake of listening to his greedy agent who overestimated Joe's value.

It was also a bad draft year for a middling ORT to try to score big money. There were too many options on the draft board.

I really thought that being a contract year Joe would have played his ass off. I wonder why he didn't?
Because he's not that good vs good defensive ends

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Barksdale update thread.

R. I. (Fucking) P.
Thank God.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I think we made a mistake in not bringing him back on a prove it deal. This team can never have enough depth on the OL (we always suffer injuries there) and it would have been nice to have a veteran presence. But oh well, it is what it is.
I think they both wanted more and they both got less, and that's no disrespect to our rookies, but you can't argue against having some veteran depth on such a young offensive line.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack

He probably did man. He doesn't seem like the type of guy to slack. That probably was his best. Which is why he only got the minimum deal with the chargers. He just got bad advice.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Market money is what SD payed him. Anything wrong to given him 20% more and is Barksdale not worth $1.2+ million to a team that is ranked near bottom in their OL capabilities?

Market for his ranking was $3-4 Mil a season for three seasons, no?