Joe Barksdale performing well

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
It's nice to see Barks get some recognition. He is a living testament as well, though, to how good the unit coaching on this team is.

The OL as it is right now is looking like a borderline playoff group. They still need to shore up their pass pro, but with GRob added to the interior and moving Saffold to the right side this unit overall has not seen its best play yet. The whole thing bodes well for us into the remainder of this schedule, because if this OL does keep improving our offense is going to be downright nasty.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
I said it in January pay the man if he continues to improve. What a find be Fish/Snead & a great example of a coach Bou reclamation project. Imo Barks is a top 10 RT, potentially top 5. There a reason why he was drafted in the 3rd round by Oakland.

Funny that in an ideal world for da Raiders the right side of our OL is in Oakland. :snicker:

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
Give this man an extension for sure.

Listen, if we let Bradford go, we can resign Barksdale. That gives us a nice stable OL with Saffold, Robinson and Barksdale all signed up. Draft a Centre and a Guard in the draft and we have a nice young and powerful line.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I said it in January pay the man if he continues to improve. What a find be Fish/Snead & a great example of a coach Bou reclamation project. Imo Barks is a top 10 RT, potentially top 5. There a reason why he was drafted in the 3rd round by Oakland.

Funny that in an ideal world for da Raiders the right side of our OL is in Oakland. :snicker:

Good catch, rams24/7.

The winless Raidahs COULD have easily had Saffold and Barksdale on their OL's right side. Lol.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
i think he will eventually play Lt but i think u worry to much on where a playere was drafted. if the coaches feel that it would be better to keep him at Lg and he gets all pro and multiple pro bowls i wouldnt be mad. Dont mean to nit pick but seems thats all u talk about is where a player was drafted

I agree since we are a running team. I don't get the rush to get him out to LT. He's mauling DT's and looks to me like a natural pulling around. I'd argue that his ability to create a dominant inside run game is as important as anything he could do at LT in this offense we are running. And who's to say we can't find a LT next year? I think it depends more on what the tackles and guards look like in next year's draft.
I also agree that it doesn't matter where he was drafted anymore. That's for pundits and ESPN to hash over. He needs to play where the coaches think he has the most impact. If next year's draft is loaded with tackles, leave him at guard. If it's got guards to spare, then move him to tackle. If there's a tackle coming out who's built for the part and is known for his pass blocking, get him and leave GRob right where he is. Being drafted #2 stopped being relevant to the actual games being played at the 1st kickoff.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Joe has had some lapses in pass pro but he's been good this year overall.