Jimmy Kimmel chokes back tears while talking about the Killing of Cecil the Lion

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Athos

Legend
Driven prick. I hope this bankrupts him. And he really should be skinned and fed to a lion. Hunt? BS.

Punk had to bait it with a truck and shine a spot light.

And he's killed bears, leopards, and a rhino?

Thought rhino killing was highly illegal.

Throw his ass in prison...with a grizzly bear for a cellmate

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Even the Masai tribes don't do lion hunts anymore.

This is so disgusting, on par with human murder.

Like Jimmy said in the video, if there's any positive, try to do your part in conserving. Hopefully, Cecil will become the face of conservation and protection, and finally the people can start giving a damn about other living things instead of petty issues like not letting 2 people marry.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Never got the enjoyment of a hunt just for the hunt's sake. Fine if you are after the meat to eat but just for a trophy? It's just not right.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Pretty much in the same boat as the rest of you, hunting for survival is one thing, but hunting for sport is not my game. I actually turned down a hunt with John McCain because of that (although looking back, I probably should have, just because it's a once in a lifetime thing, even if I'm not leading the McCain fanbus)...

My owner's father does this "hunting" and honestly it's about the same as shooting your dog. When they do these guided tours, they spend thousands of dollars to fly there, spend thousands of dollars for the permits, spend thousands of dollars to ship the animals home, and thousands of dollars to stuff them. It's just a big "Hey, look how much money I have" thing.

The animals are raised to be hunted, so they are fed and close to humans a lot. Often times they will release the animals close to where they will be, so they know they're in the area, then put out food. The animal comes to eat, because that's how it was raised, and they shoot it from close range, because the animals don't see humans as threats. If you talk to any hunter (deer, pigs, etc) they'll tell you they come home empty handed all the time. Well rich guys don't want to drop 70-80 G's to come home empty handed, so they make sure they'll get something.

It take the same amount of skill as putting food out for the family dog and then shooting him. It's not hunting, it's just killing.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
You know the most disgusting thing about that "hunt"? That...monster shot Cecil with arrows to wound him and let the poor lion suffer and weaken for two days while "tracking" him before finally shooting him. That's not hunting for sport. That's just utterly cold-blooded.

Oh, and get this: that monster was prosecuted for illegally hunting a black bear outside of the hunting limits and lying to the government agency responsible for enforcing those limits. (The name isn't coming to me right now, sorry. But then again, I'm not a hunter, although I do appreciate the people who hunt for food and all.)

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Lion meat

image.jpg

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
On the flip side of this, I'm sure the Gazelles and Water Buffalo of the area are throwing a party! :party:

beej

Rookie
if it was going to die anyway. might as well make a modest profit off of it. ~cecile richards

fearsomefour

Legend
Kimmel is fine and handled the story pretty well, making some jokes about something that is disgusting (he should leave scotch alone though). But, the tears seem silly to me....yeah, cameras are on man and we know that you know how it looks.
I don't get hunting to kill as opposed to fishing or say hunting a deer and using the meat ect.
I fish a little (although I am terrible at it....fish are never safer than when I drop a line) but don't hunt. If people want to hunt animals that are not endangered, are legal to hunt, in season ect. I don't care. But, "game hunting" I just don't understand.
That said, I also don't understand getting that upset about it (shedding tears ect., a lady I work with was crying yesterday over this). I have turned that part of my brain off the best I can. People and animals are not the same. To say so is insanity. Intentional cruelty is unneeded and evil no matter where it is directed, but, take a look around at our lovely little world. It is a toilet. Nature is beautiful and awesome and a cold blooded killer. That lion would have ripped off Ansel Adams arms if he was hungry enough. I have buried too many people I love to shed a tear over an animal (in fairness, I shed a couple over my last dog, I will give myself one day for that).
It sucks what this hockey puc did. But, it is just another day sadly.

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
Horrible! What makes a man want to lure, stalk, and kill such a majestic animal?

Lions, tigers and bears don't stand a chance, stalked by cowards with half-cocked phallic riffles...

Cecil the Lion deserved a better death. Lured off your property, betrayed really...Wounded by a lousy arrow, stalked for forty hours, shot and beheaded. WTF

beej

Rookie
is it bad that i think of lions as just a collection of cells and tissue. If you don't believe in hunting don't hunt. but every person should have a choice. just sayin

beej

Rookie
Driven prick. I hope this bankrupts him. And he really should be skinned and fed to a lion. Hunt? BS.

Punk had to bait it with a truck and shine a spot light.

And he's killed bears, leopards, and a rhino?

Thought rhino killing was highly illegal.

Throw his ass in prison...with a grizzly bear for a cellmate
dude! that's a little extreme!

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
is it bad that i think of lions as just a collection of cells and tissue. If you don't believe in hunting don't hunt. but every person should have a choice. just sayin

Not at all
3/4 of my town live in camo year around
Me personally, can't fire a rifle at a deer but I will let someone else do it and BBQ that axis blackstrap

But I will not hesitate to use my .45 to kill a rattle snake

What I think the argument here is not so much the idea of hunting itself but that the way the prized lion was killed and jimmy kimmel weeping on air are the issues

With that said - Kimmel is a puss

And If you've ever seen dudes hunting water buffalo it's just messed up - these big beasts knee deep in water chewing in grass and BLAM !!! It's rather weak

So despite the lion being just cells and connective tissue wouldn't you say there has got to be dignity in all sport ?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
You fuck one goat........

I hope this guy catches a load of hell..........he deserves it. 40 hours of tracking an animal that you hit with an arrow......who thinks they are bringing down a lion with an arrow? This is really terrible.

beej

Rookie
I believe that what a man(or a woman for that matter) does with his bow and arrow is his business. how does a lion being killed 9000 miles away affect any of us. For all I know that lion was no more than a serial rapist, killing the cubs of other "majestic" creatures so that he could have sex with their mamma. In fact that is likely. I'd say he got what he deserved.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That would excuse every atrocity inflicted on every living creature then, yeah?
Including humans.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I believe that what a man(or a woman for that matter) does with his bow and arrow is his business. how does a lion being killed 9000 miles away affect any of us. For all I know that lion was no more than a serial rapist, killing the cubs of other "majestic" creatures so that he could have sex with their mamma. In fact that is likely. I'd say he got what he deserved.

Hahahahahaa

I feel better knowing that lion was a rapist