Jim Thomas: Will Rams Look To Trade Zac Stacy?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I wouldn't change a thing with RB depth. Mason is going to be the featured guy, and they have playoff level depth behind him. It's one of the few positions we don't have to worry about ffs, not sure why anyone would want to mess with it.

RBs get hurt. I keep Zac around, personally.

Mason might be the guy this week, but 1 nice game doesn't make him the featured guy long term, at least to me...I hope he is that guy, I just don't think we know that yet...I agree about liking the RB situation as it is, without trading anybody...

Alan

Legend
No offense to anybody speculating about trading Stacy here cause speculation is fun. :) I just don't get the thinking behind this. If you think the guy is good enough to get something worthwhile for him in a trade then why do you want to trade him? The guy, when healthy, is either our best or our second best RB and when you're trying to be a run first power team you don't trade that away do you? Not to mention which there is zero chance of trading him for anything more than a lower round pick due to the devaluation of the position. A 5th or 6th round pick would be the maximum we could expect IMO.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Thanks for the warning. I used to really enjoy JT but I get the sense that somewhere along the way he got his nose bent out of shape over something.
I've grown tired of the local reporter who gets offended and feels the need to exercise a vendetta. grow up already.

lockdnram21

Legend
If Stacy is traded the Rams would have to find another RB who can block and get the tough short yardage. Which means the Rams would likely have to use the draft pick obtained for Stacy to replace him, with a decent chance of NOT getting somebody as good.
cunningham is our best pass blocker and i wouod think he can get tough yardage. I wouldnt want to trade Zac we hae only seen Tre in 2 games. i wouldnt trade him until off season if a trademwere to go down

Alan

Legend
CodeMonkey not liking the speculation:
I used to really enjoy JT but I get the sense that somewhere along the way he got his nose bent out of shape over something.

Stranger in tune with CodeMonkey:
I've grown tired of the local reporter who gets offended and feels the need to exercise a vendetta. grow up already.
So both of you might be right about this but I'm not going to be so hard on JT, Bernie or any writer. Newspapers are dying out and keeping a job writing on the internet to feed your family isn't easy. Every day you have to come up with new stuff to write about for, usually, multiple sites. None of which are paying you much or providing benefits like health care and retirement. Throwing out different speculations is really no different from what we do here is it? If we at the ROD only talked about things we knew as facts there wouldn't be very many threads would there. Speculating about possibilities causes one to think and that can't be bad. Even if you're just thinking what an idiot the guy is you had to run a bunch of your beliefs across your mind to come to that conclusion and thinking is good for you. ;)

In addition, who agrees with everything anyone says? Except for my stuff of course. :LOL:

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
:palm:

No. Just plain freakin' no.

Look, I'm really happy about what Tre Mason has shown in his playing time, and really hope to see him get plenty more. But good God, does that mean we all of the sudden have to turn Zac Stacy into chopped liver? Is there something wrong with actually having significant DEPTH at this position? When was the last time we had this kind of depth at RB? And it's not like Stacy is chewing up a ton of cap space, he's on a rookie contract for a 2013 5th rounder.

Stacy has had his struggles this year, partly from being dinged, and partly from underperformance of the OL. But he's hardly finished, and he's far and away the most powerful back we have. He's still young and has plenty of good football left in him.

The other day on another thread I posted that we have a nice stable of RB's - a speed/explosion guy in Mason, a power back in Stacy, and a tweener in Cunningham. Against some defenses, Mason will be the better play, against others, Stacy will, and Cunningham has enough talent to play a good relief when those guys need a breather.

Right now we are in a position where we may not have to worry about RB for a few years, and certainly don't have to worry about getting stuck in the rut we were when we had a declining SJ and no solid backup. We have good depth to cover injury in case one of them gets hurt. Why screw that up? Unless someone comes at us with a crazy, stupid offer, then there's no way I advocate trading Stacy.

Philly5

Rookie
Is there a problem with having 3 RBs with potential? What does anybody think we could get for Stacy?

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
My thought on this is simple: If I were Snead, I wouldn't be making any calls trying to unload Stacy, but if someone wants to pay high for him, I'll listen.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Is there a problem with having 3 RBs with potential? What does anybody think we could get for Stacy?
Probably a 5th(which is where he was drafted). Not worth it IMO. I would be tempted if offered a 4th, and a 3rd would be a no brainer for me.
RB's. Shorter shelf life than pop music.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
I wouldn't recommend listening to this show, Key points; Nothing New, JT Picks KC to Win 24-21, and the 'Dip-Stick' Host say " I don't know why anyone would pick the Rams to Win this One!" Enough said!? You've been warned!:mad:
after reading the headline and summary I immediately scrolled down. thanks saved me a few minutes of my life.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Don't trade him. I'll bet all my ROD dollars that after he's healthy, after watching Mason challenge his job, that he'll be back to his old self when he gets his touches.

You have to love competition.