Jim Thomas: There’s Something Special About Gurley

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch called into the Wendy’s Big Show from Rams training camp on Monday. He discussed some camp topics such as Gurley and Quick’s injury recovery, overall team health, the inexperienced O-Line, the Center battle, and the outlook of the NFC West.

Listen to JT's Rams Report

What's your reaction to Judge Thomas Frawley's ruling?

"Definitely a hurdle cleared. Unless the city could appeal. Check off that box in terms of a city vote. There's still a state lawsuit in Cole County pending. The Peacock and Blitz people were confident on this one and I think they're confident on the other one too."

On Todd Gurley's injury:

"Gurley, you've to get there early to watch him...He's got about 15 minutes of fame in practice. After the individual drills, he's pretty much done for the day. I get the feeling it will be light for Gurley for about a week. He looks good, he's moving very well. He looks like he's showing no ill effects from the knee. Even in that little window, you can tell there's something special about him. Something a little different."

On Brian Quick's injury:

"He might not play in the first or second preseason game, but he will play in the preseason and they expect him to be ready for Opening Day."

On overall team health:

"It's a pretty healthy squad these past few days. Really a healthy team at this time of the year."

On the inexperienced offensive line:

"They like the talent of Havenstein, they like the talent of Jamon Brown. These are all guys who started a lot of college games. They played in pro-style offenses. But you know what? They're rookies. Even the best rookies struggle a bit at first. I still think it's the biggest question mark of the team."

On the center battle:

"They're going to take their time with that. Interestingly...Tim Barnes was the guy who's the starter for day one of camp. I think Barrett Jones might be the slight favorite. Keep an eye on Demetrious Rainey....He may be the future guy because he's more athletic and quicker. But I think for this year...I think the Rams...are a little gun-shy of putting basically a rookie out there with a new quarterback."

What's your outlook on the NFC West this year?

"The Rams have played Seattle very well in St. Louis (in recent years). If they could somehow beat Seattle, maybe that would jumpstart the Rams...and give them a little bit of momentum. It's an interesting division. I expect the Rams to expect San Francisco in the standings. I think they're going to miss Frank Gore. The Cardinals..under Arians have done a great job. And now Carson Palmer has been healthy. As for Seattle, they're resigning these guys...I don't expect them to go away, especially this year."

http://www.insidestl.com/insideSTLc...ling-Says-Something-Special-About-Gurley.aspx

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
The special thing about Gurley is that him and I share a birthday. Pretty sure that means he's going to be a stud.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
200.gif

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Did someone give JT a happy-pill?
You have to think that any news that makes his job look more secure would make his attitude better! If the Rams do move, he'll really be a Debbie downer!