Jim Thomas Says Rams' Reported Interest for Foles 'B.S.'

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Thomas Says Rams' Reported Interest for Foles 'B.S.'
Brendan Marks posted on January 30, 2015 15:12

http://www.insidestl.com/insideSTLc...Says-Rams-Reported-Interest-for-Foles-BS.aspx

Reports emerged earlier this week that the St. Louis Rams would have interest in Nick Foles if the Philadelphia Eagles decided to trade him during the offseason.

Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, however, is calling the reports B.S., literally.

"In talking to some Rams people, the two letter answer I get to that is B-period-S-period," Thomas told The Ryan Kelley Morning After on Friday. "You really don't talk about those trades in late January when the beginning of the trade period is March 10. There's nothing to that right now."

Thomas said Foles "doesn't move the needle" a lot in his opinion.

"It would come down what you would want to give up for him. I certainly wouldn't give up a first round (pick). I'm not even sure I'd give up a second round," he said.

The Rams are clearly in need of an upgrade at quarterback. Sam Bradford has torn two ACLs in as many seasons and in 2014 the team bounced between backup quarterbacks Austin Davis and Shaun Hill.

Bradford, 27, has one year and $16.58 million left on his six year, $78 million rookie contract. Barring the unforeseen circumstance that he and agent Tom Condon are unable to reach an agreement with the Rams to restructure his deal, the quarterback will return to the Rams in 2015 to compete for the starting job in his sixth NFL campaign

In his season-ending press conference earlier this month, Jeff Fisher said Bradford would compete for the starting job with 'someone not in the building.'

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Makes sense, you still have over a month until trades can happen, they're probably still figuring out who they're interested in and not. Doesn't mean they don't like him, they still could and very well may end up trading for him. It's just early in the process, still a lot of time left.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
How can that be true? The NJ.com said, " The whispers that NJ Advance Media began hearing during Senior Bowl week and reported have turned into screams around the league. Eagles quarterback Nick Foles is coveted by head coach Jeff Fisher and the St. Louis Rams — and front offices around the league are buzzing over the possible deal.

Not interested in, but COVETS. Do we now have to question that Rams want Sam back "AT THE RIGHT PRICE"?

Dear me.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Why don't you talk about trades in January? Your season is over when do you talk trades? Get off your ass and start doing your due diligence and lay the groundwork to improve the damn football teams. Egad your last winning season was when Bush was in the White House, let's hope we don't have to wait until another Bush is in the White House for another winning season.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why don't you talk about trades in January? Your season is over when do you talk trades. Get off your ass and start doing your due dilligence and lay the groundwork to improve the damn football teams. Egad your last winning season was when Bush was in the White House, let's hope we don't have to wait until another Bush is in the White House for another winning season.

They're talking about trades. You can bet on that.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
I hear a lot of "what we should do", but not a lot of "THIS is what we should do"

We need to get a "good " QB.

Well, fucking "DUH" !

Who?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I hope not, his arm is weaker than Austin Davis.
That's debatable...neither guy has a cannon, and arm strength isn't what failed Austin Davis last season. It was his feet and decision making in the pocket vs the rush.

As far as Fales, despite not having elite arm strength, he's got other attributes that are appealing. Accuracy, competitiveness, intelligence, aggressive mentality, poise in the pocket.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I hear a lot of "what we should do", but not a lot of "THIS is what we should do"

We need to get a "good " QB.

Well, freaking "DUH" !

Who?
I'm talking about viable options.
I want Bradford and Hill back, but i also want to draft a QB and bring in via trade a young QB from another team who i think could compete here.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

They're counting the prorated signing bonus.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Politicians take lessons from Coaches and GM's on being elusive with the truth.

Alan

Legend
Mojo Ram going with numbers:
I want Bradford and Hill back, but i also want to draft a QB and bring in via trade a young QB from another team who i think could compete here.
4 QBs? How would that work out as a practical matter? Can you even sort of determine the merits of a young QB in just OTAs and TC? Not enough openings or enough reps/playing time for that I wouldn't think. Delete Hill and your whole plan works.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
4 QBs? How would that work out as a practical matter? Can you even sort of determine the merits of a young QB in just OTAs and TC? Not enough openings or enough reps/playing time for that I wouldn't think. Delete Hill and your whole plan works.
4 QB's in training camp yeah. Hill doesn't need many reps. He's there because he knows the system and he's a vet who can mentor the young cats. I'd split the majority of the reps between Sam and the other 2 guys.

Speeps

Starter
And we should just Jim Thomas because? He seem pretty out the loop to me.

Athos

Legend
Just a question.......does anyone really take our sports writers seriously in anything?

If I'm looking for a legitimate scoop, I don't go to the PD. Seriously, I don't really think any of the St. Louis sports organizations like the PD. Okay, the Cardinals might like Hummel but that's it.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
I'm talking about viable options.

Totally agree.
But who do we draft, where, and where do we find this young QB that some other team is going to give up in this QB starved league?

I am admittedly a total Bradford homer, but put his chances of continuing at about 25%.

IDK, I just think we're basically screwed.

Alan

Legend
Mojo Ram still liking numbers:
4 QB's in training camp yeah. Hill doesn't need many reps. He's there because he knows the system and he's a vet who can mentor the young cats. I'd split the majority of the reps between Sam and the other 2 guys.
Two things:
I think that Hill would need more than you think considering we'll have a new OC. Although if we get him in-house it might not be much of a problem.

More importantly though, for argument sake, lets say that Foles is one of those guys and Hundley is the other one. Do you really think we could fairly evaluate either one of them after each of them getting less than a third of the snaps in TC (Hill would still need a fair amount and add in OTAs even). Which of those two would we cut? Couldn't put either of them on the PS because we'd Hundley and Foles wouldn't be eligible. I just don't see how it could be done in such a short time.

You can't get there from here I would think. The only way you could handle 4 is if one of them was a low rounder (see Gilbert) or a UDFA and you might be able to keep him on the PS without losing him. Even that would be risky and would have have little chance of making the team (see Gilbert again).

Memphis Ram

Legend
As stated before, this really appears to be a rumor started by an Eagles media source looking for a way for their team to move up for Mariota.