Jets release Sanchez

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Whatever happened to the Shaun Hill speculation? Did i miss him signing somewhere? I'd prefer him over Sanchez.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Been expecting this, a reunification with Shotty may be in the offing

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Mark Sanchez, Carson Palmer, Matt Leinart, Sean Salisbury, Rodney Peete, Pat Haden, Matt Cassel, Bill Nelsen, Pete Beathard, Vince Evans, Paul McDonald, Todd Marinovich, Rob Johnson AND John David Booty.

:whistle:

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Instead of "butt scratcher" just imagine this scene as "butt fumble"

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
And they signed Vick?
Wow.....that team just CANNOT sign a good QB.
Unreal.......they're being run by a bunch of Rodeo Clowns.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
The Jets went to two AFC championship games with Mark Sanchez at QB and Schottenheimer running the offense.

Why wouldn't you bring him in and see what he can do?

RamBill

Legend
Potential landing spots for Mark Sanchez

By Marc Sessler
Around the League Writer

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...g-spots-for-mark-sanchez?campaign=Twitter_atl

The New York Jets have no more need for Mark Sanchez, but someone else will.

Quarterbacks have nine lives in this league, and Sanchez, for all his critics, has 62 starts under his belt and two trips to the AFC title game on his NFL resume.

At 27, Sanchez also comes saddled with a star-crossed history of uneven on-field performances riddled by inaccuracy, turnovers and a penchant for headline-grabbing gaffes. It's easy to forget that Sanchez tossed 26 touchdowns in 2011, largely because he's the same guy who accounted for 52 turnovers over two campaigns before sitting out all of last season with a torn labrum.

Five months removed from shoulder surgery, Sanchez is expected to be ready for training camp. But whose training camp?

Here's a quick look at some potential landing spots for New York's former first-round pick:

St. Louis Rams

The Rams make plenty of sense. St. Louis offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer coached Sanchez for three years in Florham Park, and the team could use a veteran backup behind Sam Bradford after Kellen Clemens signed with the Chargers. With Bradford coming off major knee surgery, Sanchez would provide a stable second option who already knows Schottenheimer's scheme. Easily our top landing spot.

Buffalo Bills

Coach Doug Marrone made it clear at the combine that Buffalo isn't opposed to going in any direction at the quarterback position. Buffalo went out of its way to pair rookie EJ Manuel with a veteran last season, but that plan crumbled when Kevin Kolb was lost for the year. The Bills know firsthand about Sanchez's strengths and limitations, but he's an upgrade over Thad Lewis and Jeff Tuel for a team bound to cycle through starters in 2014.

Green Bay Packers

The Packers have ignored their backup spot for far too long. For all his faults, Sanchez is superior to the noodle-armed Matt Flynn, who has yet to be re-signed. Scott Tolzien showed flashes last season, but Sanchez would give Green Bay a former starter with playoff experience. If it's not Sanchez, the Packers remain on the hook to grab a strong No. 2 behind Aaron Rodgers.

Cleveland Browns

The Browns could use someone to push Brian Hoyer and the inevitable rookie they wind up drafting. Still, Cleveland's last on my list because the team seems hell-bent on finding a veteran who knows Kyle Shanahan's attack. Rex Grossman looms as the more likely target for coach Mike Pettine, who saw one too many top-flight performances by Gang Green's defense spoiled by Sanchez's wayward play in Gotham.

The latest "Around The League Podcast" discussed DeSean Jackson trade talks, played running back roulette, and welcomed Lance Briggs into the studio.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Mark Sanchez, Carson Palmer, Matt Leinart, Sean Salisbury, Rodney Peete, Pat Haden, Matt Cassel, Bill Nelsen, Pete Beathard, Vince Evans, Paul McDonald, Todd Marinovich, Rob Johnson AND John David Booty.

Fight On.....

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I am neutral on signing Sanchez. If we sign him then it better be cheap. He had some respectable moments but it seems he was in dramatic decline before he was benched.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron

I wouldn't throw Carson in there, he was having a good career, he was basically all the Bengals offense with Ocho Cinco, hell he even dragged them kicking and screaming to the playoffs. Not an easy task as Mike Brown would rather keep his money than put it into his football team for some reason.

Then the Steelers happened, mixed with Brown's thrifty spending and he hasn't been the same QB since.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
The Jets went to two AFC championship games with Mark Sanchez at QB and Schottenheimer running the offense.

Why wouldn't you bring him in and see what he can do?

I would for a back up position.
I guess I should clarify my prior statement, the Jets just CANNOT sign a good QB as a starter.

Simba

Rookie
I'm not a fan of his but he probably isn't any worse than Clemens.

IMO you can take out "probably" and the standing of last year would have been better with him on the field in place of Clemens.Primary a low salary.