Jets/Bills think they can have the best defensive line in the NFL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'm confused.
IMHO with the exception of the Cowbells O-Line, All the other Lines both Offencive and Defensive on the Giants, Redskins, and Cowbells are average at best! Still confused!?

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
I wouldn't trade our d line for anyone's....but....

We thought they were the best last year, and they were FAR from it. The Bills D line was easily the best last year, so I wouldn't supplant them.

The Jets have a killer D line and the best CBs in the NFL.

The Dolphins with Wake and Suh easily challenge us for the 2nd best DL.

I would put us 2nd behind the Bills, but nervously.

Overall our defense last year was worse than all these teams' defenses will be this year, so let's hope we get the improvement we are all expecting.

Why no love for the Texans line (i still take ours) by anyone (not picking on sir)....If Clowny is healthy and produces that is a very good line...

Just surprised they are never brought up....

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
IMHO with the exception of the Cowbells O-Line, All the other Lines both Offencive and Defensive on the Giants, Redskins, and Cowbells are average at best! Still confused!?

No. Thanks for the clarification. I agree. The eagles in general are VASTLY overrated. I don't get the lovefest over them losing half of their key players. But we'll see; damn I can't wait for football.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Why no love for the Texans line (i still take ours) by anyone (not picking on sir)....If Clowny is healthy and produces that is a very good line...

Just surprised they are never brought up....

Good point. (y)

551staaa

Unsubstantiated Reality
"Although I don't know everyone on that list that looks like a great D. Not what I asked for though. What I meant to ask was did you know of a past team that had as good of a D-line as we do, not overall defense. I was just curious because I'm not a long time Ram fan so I'm mostly unaware of most of your former players. I can say with certainty that the Big Red never had a D-line as good and deep as this one is. Not all 8 players."

Ahem....
ff.jpg

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Jets just took a big hit on being the best D-line in the NFL.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ded-four-games-for-substance-abuse-violation/

Sheldon Richardson suspended four games for substance abuse violation
Posted by Josh Alper on July 2, 2015

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpty3mjcwogfjztu1ytljzjnkzmi2ywy5ywqznzhkyjlh-e1435861122894.jpeg
Getty Images

It’s not quite 5 p.m., but the NFL has dumped some bad news just before the start of the holiday weekend.

The league has announced that Jets defensive end Sheldon Richardson has been suspended four games for violating the league’s substance abuse policy. Richardson can attend training camp and play in the preseason, but he’ll miss the first four weeks of the regular season and will be eligible to return after the team plays the Dolphins on October 4. He’ll also miss games against the Browns, Colts and Eagles.

“I apologize for letting down my family, teammates, this organization and the fans,” Richardson said in a statement sent through the team. “However, words aren’t enough. This is something that can only be addressed by how I handle myself from this point on. I don’t want this to take away from what the team is trying to accomplish. While I won’t be there at the start of the regular season, I will do whatever I can to support my teammates until I’m able to return to the field.”

In a separate statement, coach Todd Bowles called the news “disappointing” and said that the Jets will “keep moving forward with our preparations” for the 2015 season.

Those preparations will likely include a larger role for first-round pick Leonard Williams, who will likely join Muhammad Wilkerson and Damon Harrison as the team’s top linemen until Richardson can return.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
Jets just took a big hit on being the best D-line in the NFL.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ded-four-games-for-substance-abuse-violation/

Sheldon Richardson suspended four games for substance abuse violation

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpty3mjcwogfjztu1ytljzjnkzmi2ywy5ywqznzhkyjlh-e1435861122894.jpeg
Getty Images

It’s not quite 5 p.m., but the NFL has dumped some bad news just before the start of the holiday weekend.

The league has announced that Jets defensive end Sheldon Richardson has been suspended four games for violating the league’s substance abuse policy. Richardson can attend training camp and play in the preseason, but he’ll miss the first four weeks of the regular season and will be eligible to return after the team plays the Dolphins on October 4. He’ll also miss games against the Browns, Colts and Eagles.

“I apologize for letting down my family, teammates, this organization and the fans,” Richardson said in a statement sent through the team. “However, words aren’t enough. This is something that can only be addressed by how I handle myself from this point on. I don’t want this to take away from what the team is trying to accomplish. While I won’t be there at the start of the regular season, I will do whatever I can to support my teammates until I’m able to return to the field.”

In a separate statement, coach Todd Bowles called the news “disappointing” and said that the Jets will “keep moving forward with our preparations” for the 2015 season.

Those preparations will likely include a larger role for first-round pick Leonard Williams, who will likely join Muhammad Wilkerson and Damon Harrison as the team’s top linemen until Richardson can return.

Yeah better than Donald :rolleyes: suck my balls Rex Ryan.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...eldon-richardson-suspended-for-marijuana-use/

Report: Sheldon Richardson suspended for marijuana use

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwvim2u0nzq0y2u5zgiwndvjmmy3mmm1yjy5nmfhodnk-e1435864151504.jpeg
AP

The NFL announced Thursday that the Jets will open the season without defensive end Sheldon Richardson because Richardson has been suspended for four games for violating the league’s substance abuse policy.

The league does not disclose the specific violation, but Manish Mehta of the New York Daily Newsreports that it is for marijuana use. Richardson issued a statement through the team when the suspension was announced and went on Twitter Thursday to offer further apologies for the suspension.

“I apologize for my mistake and for disappointing the people who mean everything to me,” Richardson wrote. “I vow to you, this will not happen again. My team will continue to push forward without me to start the season. I promise I will be there for them in every way that I can until I am able to return.”

It will be interesting to see if Richardson’s suspension impacts the Jets’ decision-making on the defensive line moving forward. Muhammad Wilkerson is in the final year of his rookie deal and stayed away from voluntary work this spring while trying to get a new one. Richardson has two year and a team option left on his deal and the Jets may warm to the idea of extending Wilkerson if the suspension gives them doubts about Richardson over the long term.

Richardson said last month that he thought Wilkerson was worth “Suh money.” His suspension may wind up pushing him closer to it.