Jersey Count-Down #65

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Let's get started today with, in my opinion The 1st Great OG the Rams EVER had! At #65 - Tom Mack:

Mack_tom_gallery_630_7.jpg

Tom_Mack7.jpg
Los_Angeles_Tom_Mack_la9_large.jpg

Tom Played 12 years for the Rams, and went to 11 Pro Bowls!

Mack1.jpg
Mack2.jpg

Mack played 184 games for the Rams

Mack3.jpg

Always Leading the way

Mack6.jpg

Some once call His O-Line 'The Fearsome Foursome' on Offence!

Mack7.jpg
Mack8.jpg

"Low Man wins Cowboy!

Mack10.jpg

Mack was a 10 Time Finalist for the Hall of Fame from 1986 to 1998 before he made it in 1999

Mack4.jpg

Can you imagine An O-Line With him and Jackie Slater on it!?!

I going to pause here, and give you a chance to jump in early, for once, and see if you can come up with any of the rest of our #65's! ( I have 6 more to come!) Comments?, gifs? Photo's? Memories!?

Attachments

• Mack5.jpg
    Mack5.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 219

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One of if not the best OG to play the game IMO.

http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/member.aspx?player_id=137

TOM MACK Class of 1999 Guard, 6-3, 250 (Michigan) 1966-1978 Los Angeles Rams Thomas Lee Mack

Rams’ first round draft pick, second player overall in 1966 NFL draft. One of only two rookies on veteran-laden team. Earned starting role as rookie and held left guard position for next 13 seasons. Extremely durable, never missed a game during 184-game career. Named to 11 Pro Bowls. All-NFL five times. All-Western Conference once, All-NFC eight times. Born November 1, 1943, in Cleveland, Ohio.
Mack_Tom_Induction_180-22.jpg

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
OK! Here are the rest of what I have. Starting with LB ( and former HC) Harld Svare:

Harland_Svare1.jpg
Svare2.jpg

He wore several numbers when he played for the Rams, I could find one when he wore #65, But he did.

Harland%20Svare,%20Rams%20HC.jpg

Just Like Bob Waterfield, he was a better Player than a HC for the Rams

Next up LB - John Guzik:

20_John_Guzik_football_card.jpg

And DT/T/G Art Hauser:

12_Art_Hauser_football_card.jpg

Followed by Center - Brett Romberg:

romberg21flash.jpg

From the 'Bad Old Days of 2008

brett-romberg-rams.jpg
Brett_Romberg_2008.jpg

slideshow_1084410_romberg.jpg

Next, a much better C/G - Frank Garcia:

Garcia 2.jpg
Garcia1.jpg

And a Player I almost forgot, He had two different 'Stints' with the Rams, Once in L.A. and then he came back to the Rams later in St. Louis. DE Fred Stokes:

Stokes1.jpg

And My Final for today, Our Future Center? Demetrius Rhaney:

Rookie_Profile_Demetrius_Rhaney.jpg

Rhaney2.jpg

He's lasted Longer than Sam

Rhaney1.jpg
Rhaney-featured-300x160.jpg

Fisher seems High on him I hope he's right!

Your turn folks!!

T-REX

Rams On Demand Sponsor
I added a few more, they didn’t stick around very long, but never the less they did wear #65, a number that IMO should be a retired RAMS #, yeah I'm a Big Mack homer ;):cool:

Andy King #65 2002-03
upload_2015-7-7_11-29-45.png

Chris Williams #65 2012-13
upload_2015-7-7_11-30-13.png

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I added a few more, they didn’t stick around very long, but never the less they did wear #65, a number that IMO should be a retired RAMS #, yeah I'm a Big Mack homer ;):cool:

Andy King #65 2002-03
View attachment 7758

Chris Williams #65 2012-13
View attachment 7759
I Definitely agree with you T-Rex, They should Retire Macks Number!!!

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
And to this day, Mack still doesn't believe he moved on First and goal in that Minnesota game. That was a big turning point in that game. The Rams couldn't get a TD on that series, then the FG was blocked and run back for a TD.

And to this day I've never seen the play either. My father was minister, so I never saw the first half of any 10am games, including the playoffs.

T-REX

Rams On Demand Sponsor
And to this day, Mack still doesn't believe he moved on First and goal in that Minnesota game. That was a big turning point in that game. The Rams couldn't get a TD on that series, then the FG was blocked and run back for a TD.

And to this day I've never seen the play either. My father was minister, so I never saw the first half of any 10am games, including the playoffs.

I searched high and low but came up empty, I did however find this video :)

View: http://youtu.be/13Y5_Q7JqEs

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I Really haven't got a lot toad at this point, But, Soory about the mis-print at the beginning, As @T-REX pointed out, It was 13 Seasons, not 12 that Mack Played for the Rams!
Mack5a.jpg
He also had % FR'sin his career!

* DE- Fred Stokes - 1987-1988 and 1993-1995
Stokes2.jpg

In his 5 seasons he played in 58 games/he had 2 FF's/4 FR's for 51 yards / and 10.5 sacks w/ 85 tackles and 10 assists.
Stokes3.jpg

Maybe you can find some of these for this Holiday Week-end!!:LOL::D

* DT/OT/OG - Art Hauser - 1954-1957
Art_Hauser_1a.jpg

Played in 48 games for the Rams and had % FR's for 53 yards and 1 TD!

* Center - Demetrius Rhaney - 2015-Present
Rhaney4.jpg

I personally wonder how much longer he'll be taking up space on our Roster!

I hope you enjoy this thread, and can add some gifs, videos or comments/memories!
I'm going away for the Holiday!! See you tomorrow!!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Not that this is thread related by our very own @DaveFan'51 brought up former player and Head Coach Harland Svare, how about this classic photo with him with Johnny Unitas in a Charger uniform. That is why the Chargers traded John Hadl to the Rams because they had acquired Johnny Unitas who ended up being replaced by Dan Fouts.
1973%2BChargers%2BUnitas%2Bwith%2BSvare.png

…..

Legend
My father was minister, so I never saw the first half of any 10am games, including the playoffs.

"Playoff's?....... PLAYOFF'S?.......Young man, you're going to overtime with the Lord if you don't get dressed for church and get in the station wagon!"