Jeff Fisher's letter to ticket holders

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Dear ( __________ )

We are tremendously proud to be writing our first letter to the great Los Angeles Rams fans who have placed a season ticket deposit. There is a significant amount of work to be done in the next few months as we prepare to kickoff this fall at the Coliseum, but we wanted to take a moment from our offseason preparations to both thank you for your deposit and give you a preview of what the Los Angeles Rams offseason will look like.

We will begin our offseason training on April 18, which will be the first time our team assembles as the Los Angeles Rams. We are still in the process of finalizing where our offseason workouts will take place, but we fully expect this will be the beginning of a season that sees us compete for the NFC West title. Last year, we had a NFC West division-best 4-2 record and are looking to build on that as we head into the 2016 season. Training Camp will take place in late July in the greater Southern California region and will be free and open to the public. Once the location and dates are finalized, we will be sure to let you know.

We could not be more excited about the future prospects for our Rams moving forward. Less than two weeks ago, Todd Gurley was named the NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year, which follows Aaron Donald's NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year award from 2014. In addition to having the reigning back-to-back Rookies of the Year, Tavon Austin is looking to build off his breakout season, which saw him gain nearly 1,200 yards and score 10 touchdowns. Collectively, we are excited to be bringing one of the NFL's fiercest defenses and the NFL's youngest team - a team that we built for long-term success - to Los Angeles.

Beginning this week, myself and our GM Les Snead , along with our coaches, scouts and football operations staff, will begin reviewing our free agency plan for March and preparing for the NFL Combine, which begins on February 23 in Indianapolis. After the Combine, we will be working to have a successful free agency period and then begin draft meetings in early April. We are the only NFL team to have three selections in the first 50 picks and four selections in the first 95 picks, so this draft will be an exciting one for Los Angeles Rams fans.

On a personal note, I could not be more excited to be returning as the head coach of the Rams to the city where I was raised. From playing high school football in the valley to playing college football at USC, this is a wonderful opportunity for me and I can't wait to lead our team out of the tunnel at the Coliseum. I look forward to seeing you at our off-season events and at the Coliseum this fall. We will make you proud of your Rams!

Sincerely,

Jeff Fisher

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
P.S. Those of you who want me fired will rue the day! I will come riding out of the Colliseum that first game on the Trojan horse! (A little parting favor from Pat Haden) and I will be wielding a sword in one hand, and carrying the bloodied appendage of Ronny Lott in the other! (I actually won it in an alumni card game)

Jack Youngblood will preceed me riding the Chariot into the arena shouting "Death to Whiner swine!" -our opponent that day- to the cheers of a hundred thousand blood thirsty Ram fans!

You aren't going to be sitting on your ass at home that day are you?!! So strap it on, and be there at the Coliseum that day. Or I'll find you and do to you what I did to Pead the day I finally cut his ass!

Sincerely,

Coach Fisher

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
P.S. Those of you who want me fired will rue the day! I will come riding out of the Colliseum that first game on the Trojan horse! (A little parting favor from Pat Haden) and I will be wielding a sword in one hand, and carrying the bloodied appendage of Ronny Lott in the other! (I actually won it in an alumni card game)

Jack Youngblood will preceed me riding the Chariot into the arena shouting "Death to Whiner swine!" -our opponent that day- to the cheers of a hundred thousand blood thirsty Ram fans!

You aren't going to be sitting on your ass at home that day are you?!! So strap it on, and be there at the Coliseum that day. Or I'll find you and do to you what I did to Pead the day I finally cut his ass!

Sincerely,

Coach Fisher

i would love to see Ronnie Lott's arm on a pike pole on opening day - that would be awesome, all crusted with blood and crows pecking at the tendrils

rdw

Pro Bowler
i would love to see Ronnie Lott's arm on a pike pole on opening day - that would be awesome, all crusted with blood and crows pecking at the tendrils
Q55ju80.gif

fearsomefour

Legend
Sort of "rah-rah". Reminds me of the letters my son would bring home from high school coaches.
I know Carol Rosenbloom era Rams would send out Christmas cards (I actually have one signed by the witch herself)....by the last couple of years of Georgia's reign in LA not only were there not Christmas cards, there were no letters, no tailgating allowed....felt lucky the team showed up for all the home games.
I guess trying to build ties with the new season ticket holders. Just struck me as odd.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Sort of "rah-rah". Reminds me of the letters my son would bring home from high school coaches.
I know Carol Rosenbloom era Rams would send out Christmas cards (I actually have one signed by the witch herself)....by the last couple of years of Georgia's reign in LA not only were there not Christmas cards, there were no letters, no tailgating allowed....felt lucky the team showed up for all the home games.
I guess trying to build ties with the new season ticket holders. Just struck me as odd.

Yeah - it was very un-Fisher like. Doubt he wrote it.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I think it is a nice touch trying to build those bonds with the paying public. A small investment that should return some nice emotional ties.

Home town kid bringing football back to LA with a team on the rise.

Why not?

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
He wrote letters like that every year to us season ticket holders in St. Louis. The glory days are coming and all that rah rah bullshit.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dear Coach Fisher:

Just get us above .500 for once.

Sincerely,
Rams fans

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fisher: "Just so you guys know, we were 4-2 in the division last year!"

Stl rams fans: "yes, we know."

La rams fans: "dope! What was your record overall then? Oh, 7-9... So that's 3-7 outside the division.... Whatever, go RAMS!"

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Larger picture (regarding Fisher):

Seeing as has been/will be an integral player in the move, will Kroenke feel indebted to him for all of that.. meaning, might he be allowed even more leeway as far as actual results (record) goes?

MrMotes

Starter
This is the 5th year of Fisher's 5 year contract. Yet another interesting season lies ahead...

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Larger picture (regarding Fisher):

Seeing as has been/will be an integral player in the move, will Kroenke feel indebted to him for all of that.. meaning, might he be allowed even more leeway as far as actual results (record) goes?

Its looking more and more like Fisher was brought in for the move to LA, as many suspected from day 1. IMO if the Rams dont have a breakout 2016 fisher is gone, the move will have been completed and Fisher will no longer be needed. However, if the Rams go deep into the playoffs in 2016 Fisher could be resigned to another 5 yr deal.

Lets just hope that the California sunshine and night life dont derail any of our young Rams