Jeff fisher?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I see Fisher running a homeless shelter for wayward dogs!
C1lsfTlWIAADyjE.jpg

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Of the 3, Berniedette is easily the most despised by me...Couldn't stand him when the Rams were in St. Louis and I have less use for him now...He's just a pompous ass...He makes some valid points,(at times) but I don't like the way he does it..

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Well, if someone does hire him as a HC, then they need to FORCE him to hire a good OC and explicitly instruct him not to meddle.

I don't believe this at all with a veteran coach like Fisher and it is a widely stated position among fans.

You don't hire a guy that you disrespect, which is what this scenario is, disrespectful.

You hire Jeff f'n Fisher or you don't.

For better or worse....

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't believe this at all with a veteran coach like Fisher and it is a widely stated position among fans.

You don't hire a guy that you disrespect, which is what this scenario is, disrespectful.

For better or worse....

The Rams disrespected Dick Vermeil into a Super Bowl win.

You can recognize a guy's limitations. If Fisher wants another shot at the NFL, he'll need to offer up a damn good OC or be open to the team's preferred candidate. Because he won't have a wealth of opportunities after his failure with the Rams.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'll forego all the obvious jokes about what a piece of crap he is.
Because I don't feel he is.

But ... who knows? I can see him taking a year or two off, because teams are always hiring HC's every year.
Probably best to let the disappointment of his tenure fade away before putting his name back out there.
Get in line, Fish! 14-2 got me fired....
Jjov8mS.png

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I'm sure he's going to take a year out, work on that hipster beard and come back and prove he can take a team to the post season - I'm sorry but I don't think Fisher was/is the only problem at the Rams.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock

You can recognize a guy's limitations. If Fisher wants another shot at the NFL, he'll need to offer up a damn good OC or be open to the team's preferred candidate. Because he won't have a wealth of opportunities after his failure with the Rams.
Yeah

And we know how that front office turned out too

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

For better or worse....

What @jrry32 said.

Fisher clearly failed to recognize his limitations with offense, and it ended up worse for the team and for his employment status. Had the Rams "disrespected" him in a manner similar to which they allegedly did that to Vermiel, Fisher might still be employed and the Rams might have actually fielded a winning team during his tenure.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fisher clearly failed to recognize his limitations with offense, and it ended up worse for the team and for his employment status. Had the Rams "disrespected" him in a manner similar to which they allegedly did that to Vermiel, Fisher might still be employed and the Rams might have actually fielded a winning team during his tenure.
Pretty much sums it up to me!

It was his stubbornness that ultimately did him in.

Some lessons to be learned:
* This is the risk of giving a HC too much power
* This is the risk of not having a strong FO who can (and will) intervene when things aren't going as planed

Many have guessed (and I think it's true) that Fisher demanded most of the control as a condition of hire.

No system of checks and balances can be a disaster if the one with most of the power isn't really, really good.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah

And we know how that front office turned out too

Not too well. But I wish our FO had the balls to do that to Jeff. Might have gotten him a winning season and saved his career here.