Jeff fisher?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RAMBUSH

Starter
Does anyone think fish gets hired as HC for another other team ? Is anyone showing interest in him? I find it hard to believe he will, but I been pretty busy with my parents so I didn't see much news.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'll forego all the obvious jokes about what a piece of shit he is.
Because I don't feel he is.

But ... who knows? I can see him taking a year or two off, because teams are always hiring HC's every year.
Probably best to let the disappointment of his tenure fade away before putting his name back out there.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Never again will Jeff Fisher be a professional HC...without some serious rehabilitation. He needs to grab a college team and win big.

Boras & Weinke will never coach at those positions again (OC & QB coach)....Coach Boo is done too...

wmc540

Pro Bowler
I think he has to start back up as a defensive coordinator like Jack Del Rio did.

RAMBUSH

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'll forego all the obvious jokes about what a piece of crap he is.
Because I don't feel he is.

But ... who knows? I can see him taking a year or two off, because teams are always hiring HC's every year.
Probably best to let the disappointment of his tenure fade away before putting his name back out there.

Yea, I'm not going to call him names and such. But he is the definition of mediocre. I would be pretty surprised to see him as a HC in the nfl.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I think he has to start back up as a defensive coordinator like Jack Del Rio did.
I think this will happen in Fishers case! I can think of at least one team that could use him as DC right now!!
Buffalo! after getting rid of Rex, who ruined their "D" by trying to change it from a 4/3 to a 3/4. IMHO!
I think they will want someone to change it back!!

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Well, if someone does hire him as a HC, then they need to FORCE him to hire a good OC and explicitly instruct him not to meddle. He just seems to have some sort of revulsion to having a quality OC and a quality offense, or even a coherent one for that matter. He did a good job with the Rams in 2 out of 3 phases of the game, but in the third one his teams were miserable and that's what pulled him under and cost him his job.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
He is a "name" coach, and he's connected, so there will be interest.

My hunch is he takes a year off, and/or serves as a DC, first.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

Ditto!!
emogie1.gif

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
IDK. I don't see Fisher taking a DC job.
He is connected and respected. He may already have offers in broadcasting or even working for the league.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
He will eventually gun for the USC job after a year or two out of ball. That type of deal is his way back in, by rebuilding his brand. And it might be good for him too, as IMO he is a coach who rose too fast and didn't learn enough on the way up. I know some will question that, but look at his performances as DC, he never really killed it like a lot of guys have to in order to be noticed.

I don't hate Fish, even if it does irk me that he's shooting his mouth off now. Had nothing but hope for him all the way through, but thank God he's gone.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's going to coach the 9ers and they are gonna resign kapernick. Honestly I feel like he would do good there he always seems to do good with a running QB think Steve McNair and Vince young. I also think that's why he liked case Keenum so much

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe as a DC... but if a team hires him as HC and gives him control over personnel? God help that team!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He will eventually gun for the USC job after a year or two out of ball. That type of deal is his way back in, by rebuilding his brand. And it might be good for him too, as IMO he is a coach who rose too fast and didn't learn enough on the way up. I know some will question that, but look at his performances as DC, he never really killed it like a lot of guys have to in order to be noticed.

I don't hate Fish, even if it does irk me that he's shooting his mouth off now. Had nothing but hope for him all the way through, but thank God he's gone.
I've said for a while now I think his next job is USC Athletic Director. Lynn Swann isn't a young man anymore and I think his tenure in the position will be short lived.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike

JMHO, of course, but I can't see him coaching in any capacity other than HC...After 20+ years as the head honcho, no way he takes a coordinator job...

RambleOn

UDFA
I think he takes a year off and a team hires him as HC in 2018. Let's hope we have some success. I would love to see a Rams vs. Fisher match-up in 2018.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Fisher's a good guy. No doubt about that.

But even if he was to become a HC somewhere and hire a proven offensive guy and not meddle on that side of the ball, I still think he'd create a culture where he'd still be the players' best friend which would ultimately be his undoing.

The man has too many flaws to overcome in my view.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I personally think he should go be a DC under a good offensive coach (or a team with a good OC) ... and while he's not coordinating the defense, look at what they are doing on offense. That's where he was deficient with the Rams.