Jeff Fisher Postgame Press Conference - 10/23

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Confirms what I thought.

Britt stopped on the post because he didn't think he was primary receiver (the bomb that was missed early in the game)
Quick missed the audible adjustment on the last play of the game.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
It really annoys me how he's so quick to sarcastically say "go look at the film and tell me whose fault it was" when talking about the interceptions, but on several other occasions when answering questions he says "I'll have to go watch the tape."

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I don't like to blame one guy but I don't get Fishers crush on Keenum. He's not the only reason but he's made some questionable throws and reads. 8 int's in 3 games isn't exactly a good reason to keep him starting either there Coach.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I wonder why the pass to run ratio was so stinking one sided. It's not like the game was ever out of hand or that they were just overcrowding the LOS and daring us to pass.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
8 interceptions and three straight losses belie the idea that he gives them the best chance to win. He's useful, but for whatever reason the Rams need a QB who can carry them to victory, not just win if the team plays well.

Case is gone after this season - he's a free agent, and the Rams can't afford to pay him the new QB going rate we saw last offseason, not when they need to develop Goff anyway. They have a week off - it's time to take the plunge. I've been busy today, so I haven't read most of the posts during and after the game, but I'm sure others have been saying similar.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
The only was Case gives them the best chance to win is if Goff is still lost.

If that is the case, then let's see some Mannion.

We are 3-4 with a horrible offense who continues to not only not score, but turn it over. How much worse can it get?

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
The only was Case gives them the best chance to win is if Goff is still lost.

If that is the case, then let's see some Mannion.

We are 3-4 with a horrible offense who continues to not only not score, but turn it over. How much worse can it get?
I really, really, really hope we never find out.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't like to blame one guy but I don't get Fishers crush on Keenum. He's not the only reason but he's made some questionable throws and reads. 8 int's in 3 games isn't exactly a good reason to keep him starting either there Coach.
Case isn't the only reason for the losses....But we drafted a supposed franchise QB that still sits. Fisher doesnt know HOW to fix what's wrong, so why not insert a premium piece of the puzzle that might solve enough issues to win. EVEN if we lose with the rook, he will be getting experience and we will at least be able to dream about the future...

We have NO hope right now, as far as a winning program.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I posted this presser and it got moved to the vent thread ? .... not that I particularly care just wondered if I broke some rules or something ??

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I posted this presser and it got moved to the vent thread ? .... not that I particularly care just wondered if I broke some rules or something ??
I don't know anything about that. If I had seen it, I would have moved it back to the forum.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know anything about that. If I had seen it, I would have moved it back to the forum.
Like I said ... not that I'm bothered ... just thought it was odd is all ... carry on

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Like I said ... not that I'm bothered ... just thought it was odd is all ... carry on
Might have been some venom in the comments after the video. Ardunno.
Don't stop posting those things though. Appreciate the effort.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Might have been some venom in the comments after the video. Ardunno.
Don't stop posting those things though. Appreciate the effort.
There defo was ;) ..just giving my point of view ... I'll try and keep the venom out next time

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Confirms what I thought.

Britt stopped on the post because he didn't think he was primary receiver (the bomb that was missed early in the game)
Quick missed the audible adjustment on the last play of the game.
Disclaimer I'm not questioning you just using what you typed out to "question Fisher". So do those 2 plays excuse Case for his mistakes today and in the past?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Disclaimer I'm not questioning you just using what you typed out to "question Fisher". So do those 2 plays excuse Case for his mistakes today and in the past?
I'm not sure what you're asking me here, OS.
I'm only saying those two passes aren't Keenum's fault.
Any mistakes he made alone are entirely on him. I think I've been fair in that regard.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It really annoys me how he's so quick to sarcastically say "go look at the film and tell me whose fault it was" when talking about the interceptions, but on several other occasions when answering questions he says "I'll have to go watch the tape."

I can only look at the results and they tell me he's leading the Rams to five losing seasons in a row, for every season he's been there. He's out of excuses. He has the Qb he desires, keenum, so he's run out of the Qb excuse. He's used that one for three years.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
I'm not sure what you're asking me here, OS.
I'm only saying those two passes aren't Keenum's fault.
Any mistakes he made alone are entirely on him. I think I've been fair in that regard.
What I'm getting at and I'd ask it of Fisher not you so this is a hypothetical for discussion really. He's saying those 2 ints weren't Keenums fault. What about everything else? So because two int's weren't his fault does that make all his other mistakes ok? IMO his answer two this is merely a cop out. I don't think he wants to start Goff and he'll go to any length to justify not starting him. Again I wasn't really targeting you with these thoughts but you typed out what I was thinking about :D

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
So because two int's weren't his fault does that make all his other mistakes ok? IMO his answer two this is merely a cop out. I don't think he wants to start Goff and he'll go to any length to justify not starting him. Again I wasn't really targeting you with these thoughts but you typed out what I was thinking about :D
Oh, okay. I get it.

I don't think that excuses anything Keenum did prior to this game. BUT, I did hear Fisher kinda blame Cooper for that pick-6 against Buffalo. So, in a sense, I think you may be right. I think he's FULLY in Keenum's camp and will find ways to protect him from the media. All that said, a few of those interceptions weren't his fault, and I'm talking about all of the games - not just this one. The first one today (keystone cops pick-6) was a tipped ball that probably should have been caught. If it's because Tavon is too short and has to jump to get to a point where Britt or Quick would only have to raise their hands, then I'd stop running him over the middle and only use him on slants and crossers where you can lead him.

OR.

See if Goff can hit a 5'7 receiver in the chest consistently.

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
Searching to find the reason for Fisher's defense of Keeman and then it hits me. Is Goff so far from being serviceable that Fish is forced to support Keeman at all cost least the truth be know when Goff takes the field? I sure hope this isn't the truth.